@Risk Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"A Passionate Company with a Holistic Approach to Cybersecurity"

Current Employee - Vice President in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at @Risk Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company truly understands the cyber threat and how hackers are using asymmetric approaches to infiltrating governments, businesses and private citizens. They are extremely focused on the threat and are using advance Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Computing and Machine Learning techniques to stay ahead of these nefarious actors.

The CEO, CTO and the core team have over 200 years of experience working with, or for, the US DoD, Intelligence Agencies and other Federal Agencies to thoroughly understand the most complex security challenges and build a platform that will scale from the smallest to largest customer environments.

This is a fun, fast paced, highly energized place to work. The CEO sets the example and he is hands on in ALL aspects of the business. This is NOT to be viewed as micro managing. It is more an example of his passion for the company and the clients we serve and he leads by example willing to roll up his sleeves and get dirty even in the most mundane of tasks if it helps the overall mission of the company.

Sales professionals or Client Partners as they are called, are not expected to cold call. They are given Sales Qualified Leads that are generated through a team of trained customer outreach professionals. The company is also focused on the banking industry and has built relationships with numerous State and National Banking Associations to help in getting introductions to prospective clients.

We are getting access to C-suite executives on a daily basis and there are seasoned veterans in the company available to assist new / young employees to assist with these calls, build call plans and account strategies. They are free with their time and always willing to help.

Cons

This is a start up. The company is coming up on its one year anniversary. It is a high energy fast paced environment. The company is growing quickly and to keep up with this growth, you’ll work long hours and might have to do things that are outside of your “swim lane”. The upside is you’ll learn a lot because you’re involved with many aspects of the business.

If you are not a high energy self starter, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the energy and celebrate the wins. They are hard earned! Continue to push the @RISK brand into the market place. The Cyber Summits have created a lot of buzz and are a good example of this. Keep the regular monthly company meetings and focus on the strategy to keep everyone on the same page wrt mission.

Feb 19, 2018

We always need to pause and remember victories!

2. "(Sales)"

I have been working at @Risk Technologies full-time

Pros

Many times in a corporation you can be a part of a team that is not bought in or there are a few outliers that may not be high performers. Here, everyone has been a high performer in their past job and they bring that same Self-Starter and Entrepreneurial mindset here.

We are a start up in the rapidly growing Cyber Security world. You couldn't ask for anything more fast paced. If you like being a part of the solution, problem solving, and being a part of a rock star team, then this is for you.

We are open to all ideas and we all share the same goal to succeed.

Most of us work remotely, so freedom is amazing! You won't have anyone breathing down your neck.

Cons

Fastest paced company I have ever worked for, I love it, but if you are used to a slower corporate culture or a slower moving culture this would not be for you.

Because we are a start up and we hire great talent we expect you to know your stuff, however there is a learning curve. If you want to work with us, understand that we are not perfect, but we have a great team and building every day.

Advice to Management

Setting up more structure and being more transparent about what is expected. Making sure that everyone feels we are a part of the team even though we work remotely.

3. "Changing the status quo of Cyber"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales

I have been working at @Risk Technologies full-time

Pros

Cyber evolution has come
    to a point that it is not a question of “if” you will be attacked, the only questions is “when” and will you be ready? This start up company is making waves and upsetting the standard in Cyber security. Instead of
    treating cyber like “information security,” looking at cyber for what it is which is the “security of information.” Compliance and Risk are not the same thing. You can’t run Cyber off a checklist or by sampling data. Our company was founded by warriors and our approach in Cyber begins with a “left of bang” mentality. Instead of simply defending a network, how do you fight the fight before it ever starts? When you can get in before “bang” ever happens and plug the holes before an adversary can exploit them. By shutting out the “noise” and bringing the alerts down to the 5 alerts that matter, the bad guys won’t remain hidden in plain sight. The story of @RISK Technologies, Inc backs to 2010 when the CEO and his team first started using AI and Watson to help protect the United States of America from terrorists and now is protecting Main Street USA by putting Cyber attackers on their heels!

Cons

Fast paced. Not for the ‘faint at heart’. If you aren’t an “all in” type forward thinking entreprenuer this is not the spot for you.
    To me, that’s challenging and fun... that type of thinking will be a pro to some and a con to others.
    Only a few are designed for this type of environment. If a fast paced military (lead from the front) family environment, where your best is expected everyday, is a con to you, then you already know it’s not the home for you.

4. "CRO"

I have been working at @Risk Technologies full-time

Pros

Fast paced and the leads are supplied to outside sales via @Risk’s methodology. Repeatable and scalable model.

Cons

Growing as such the firm is adding additional staff.

5. "Great company, passionate people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at @Risk Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great company to learn the industry and the cutting edge technologies in the field of cyber security. As the company is growing very fast, there is a lot of opportunity for self improvement and career development.

Cons

Majority of the employees are working remotely and extra hours as the company is growing so fast. Self-discipline and Communication is the key. If you are used to 9-5 officer hour, it make take sometime for you to get used to the pace.

Advice to Management

Provide more training to the new hires as the company grows.

6. "Client Partner"

Current Employee - Client Partner in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Client Partner in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at @Risk Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a proactive take on cyber warfare that is truly filling a gap in the industry. The team is passionate about what they do and willing to go the extra mile to make this start-up successful.

Cons

Things change everyday in the start-up world and you have to be ready to adapt and embrace the change.

Advice to Management

Your hard work and positivity rubs off on all of us. Keep it up!

7. "Energetic driven and passionate team"

Current Employee - President in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at @Risk Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a saying. When you know your WHY the WHAT is easy. The WHY behind this company is to defend MainStreet USA from advanced Cyber threat using advanced machine learning using Left of Bang Cyber Situational awareness.

Every customer is a partner in a common cause to defend the economic well being of the men and women who work so hard to live a prosperous and happy life.

Cons

The company needs to grow fast to compete and that means finding the right minded, driven and dedicated team player to help demonstrate the value while aiding Companies to defend themselves from nefarious actors

Advice to Management

Lead from the front and enable those around you with continued positive energy. Servant leadership inspires others!

Feb 19, 2018

RLTW!

8. "Focused, Execution-oriented and Customer-facing!"

I have been working at @Risk Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, with years working together in most cases. Hyper focused. Good beachhead strategy. Executing well. Very attentive to solving real customer problems and achieving customer success.

Cons

Decentralized with many employees telecommuting will present organizational challenges, which, so far are being addressed. Heavily technology focused may pose risk of creating two (rather than one overarching) cultures: development/engineering and business.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing and resist the temptation to generate early revenue in other verticals. Dominate the beachhead and then expand.

Apr 5, 2017

We are focusing on the beach head.

9. "A great company to work for in a fast-growing industry"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at @Risk Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team is top notch. Everyone is an expert in their field with extensive and impressive experience. They are all very personable and are always willing to help. A group of solid, good people, who believe in the work that they are doing.

The product's holistic and scalable approach to addressing any company's cyber-security goal is world-class, and makes the offering unique and affordable.

It is an exciting time to be working in cyber security, but this is especially true being in a company with both a superior team and a product that is years ahead of anyone else.

Upper-management is fantastic. They have monthly company meetings where everyone gets a full update on the company and it's future. Everyone can talk and give their input, making it great for collaboration and sharing good ideas.

The best part is management's hands off approach to managing your day to day. You are a qualified professional who was hired to do a job, and as long as your work is completed on time and is done well, then management will let you work as best suits you and your style. Do you prefer working at 3am, compared to 8am? Great, start working at 3 am. You know when you operate at your best, and they only want the best. If you find that you do need some guidance, management has an open door policy and are always there to help you to your goals.

To sum it up, if you don't like being micromanaged and enjoy having responsibility and freedom to achieve success your way, then you will love it here. The whole company is passionate about they do and more importantly why they do it. Makes for a great place to work.

Cons

The team, though amazing, is also very close since almost everyone has worked with other members in the past. This can be a little intimidating at first if you are the new guy. However, everyone is very approachable, making it easy to feel like a part of the team right away.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Mar 20, 2017

Great point! We didn't think of that the "new guy/gal" could perceive there is a "club." We will make a note of it. We will bring it up in the next company meeting.

10. "Tremendous Team and Excellent Company to work for"

I have been working at @Risk Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being part of this experienced and world class team it's amazing. Keeping us motivated every day to accomplish our goals supporting each other.

Cons

It could be a little intimidating at the beginning but all the members of the team are courteous and happy to help.

Mar 21, 2017

We will work on the intimidation thing!