(add)ventures Reviews | Glassdoor

(add)ventures Reviews

Updated 30 Oct 2019

3.5
(add)ventures CEO Steve Rosa (no image)
Steve Rosa
  1. "Truly Collaborative & Full of Growth"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in East Providence, RI

I have been working at (add)ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at (add)ventures full-time for about a year and a half and I can say I have grown immensely during my time here. The environment is extremely collaborative, so I have been able to gain skills and knowledge in other disciplines besides my specialty of marketing (design, video, digital). The culture is great and the expansion to our new building has brought a new sense of energy and growth to the... work environment. Truly enjoy working here & looking forward to seeing where we go next!

Cons

Like any firm/agency, the work depends on the current client partners and the projects we are working on. So, there may be fluctuation in types of work that each team or individual is able to work on. This is expected and not really a con. It is just something to understand and be aware of when working in this industry.

Advice to Management

Continue on this growth path and expanding the team! With every new individual hired or every new service offered, our team continues to learn from each other & we become more equipped to help our client partners.

(add)ventures2019-10-30
  2. "Freelance Video Editor"

Former Freelancer - Video Editor/Producer in Providence, RI

I worked at (add)ventures for more than 3 years

Pros

Senior Producers are easy to work with, great at communicating, and clear with direction and expectations.

Cons

As a contractor, projects can go on hold or end with little to no warning (which is, as a contractor, to be expected)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

(add)ventures2018-07-30
  3. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I have been working at (add)ventures full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very fun, relaxed environment. Lots of extra perks including wellness and home/work life balance education, relaxation techniques, nutrition seminars, paid professional development, company parties, medical, dental, profit sharing, 401K. Very relaxed dress code. Opportunities to work from home at times.

Cons

Pay is a little low comparatively.

(add)ventures2017-06-05

"Only if you're desperate"

in Providence, RI

I worked at (add)ventures

Pros

Some very high-quality people here - they stay because they don't know their own worth or they've completely settled and like leaving the office at 4:45.

Cons

Owners are condescending, belittling, harassing (watch out, women!), credit-taking liars who line their own pockets and then cry poverty. It's fine to want to make money, that's why we all go to work, but don't load all your personal expenses into a company that pretends to profit-share. And stop pretending how big you are because it makes you look stupid and amateur when people discover the truth.

Advice to Management

It's time to ask yourselves if you really care anymore, because your actions don't show that.

(add)ventures2016-01-25

"Avoid this company"

I worked at (add)ventures

Pros

Talented staff who will go above and beyond the call of duty for clients.

Cons

If you looked up micromanagement in the dictionary, you'd find the (add)ventures logo next to the definition. This is by far the most toxic and unprofessional work environment I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. Staff is overworked and grossly underpaid- making the (add)ventures philosophy of "work hard make money" a complete joke. Upper management does not trust the opinions and talent of... the employees they hire, which is a real shame because they hire some of the best and brightest in the industry. This is where creativity comes to die. Don't get on this sinking ship.

Advice to Management

Quit the micromanagement. It's bad leadership and shows off how insecure you are.

(add)ventures2016-01-18

"Not Good..."

I worked at (add)ventures full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Clients are pleasant to work with. Dress is as casual or as business as you'd like.

Cons

- VERY toxic work environment. - Upper management seems very insecure and therefore never wants anyone below them to rise and move up in their department. - Very low salary for industry. -Not as large and widespread as they make themselves out to be, which I think is deceiving to clients. They are a mom and pop shop owned by a married couple (they use different last names). They also say they have... multiple locations, but they have calls routed to the office in Providence. And the other "offices" are just someone they know that does some work for them from time to time. - The turnover there is insane, which is a red flag if you are looking to be employed there. - The "fun" and "culture" there is kind of forced too. And the office seems fun but you can't really leave your desk because it's not billable to be using a treadmill or ping pong table for a few minutes to unwind.

Advice to Management

Stop treating the good employees like crap - they all eventually leave and it's your loss.

(add)ventures2014-03-05

"Smoke & Mirrors...worse than used car dealers"

I worked at (add)ventures full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A select few of the management team are decent human beings. You can get some good resume building experience. They choose to foster the career certain "types" of people.

Cons

If you don't fit the company's ideal mold of a "team player" then you may as well pack your bags. If you value freedom in a work environment then this place isn't for you. If you value creative thinking then this place isn't for you. If you have a brain at all then this isn't the place for you. If you're good looking and have a super bubbly personality and boobs then you should do great here. This place causes a... great deal of stress, anxiety, and low self esteem for those who do not meet their expectations. FYI this a family business and run by a husband an wife so also take the ups and downs of that into consideration.

Advice to Management

This review isn't to benefit them it's to warn others of this toxic work place.

(add)ventures2014-02-10

"Inspiring place to work & play"

I have been working at (add)ventures full-time

Pros

Supportive staff, great environment, professional but lighthearted atmosphere, produces fantastic work while having fun, innovation encouraged, great relationships with clients

Cons

There are not a lot of negative comments, located in South Providence, mid-size firm with the ideas of a large firm but the customer service of a small one.

(add)ventures2012-11-14

"Good company to work for"

I have been working at (add)ventures

Pros

NICE working culture! Friendly atmosphere

Cons

Going through growing pains and restructuring

Advice to Management

Open up to get input from employees

(add)ventures2012-08-26

"Not a place to grow in your career, more of a stepping stone"

I worked at (add)ventures

Pros

Clients are nice to work with Some of the colleagues are nice to work with Possibility of end-of-year bonus Located in Providence with parking

Cons

Favoritism when it comes to advancement/recognition (if any) Salaries low for industry Disorganized and disjointed processes High turn-over rate of employees for such a small company (about 30%) Can be toxic environment at times

(add)ventures2012-01-07