KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.3
1-800 CONTACTS CEO John Graham
John Graham

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of 1-800 CONTACTS and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Jan 12, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Great management Good company values

Cons

Pay could be better, has increased since I first started but for the work and customer service 1-800 strives for, pay could be a lot more.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best Company

Jan 5, 2022 - Customer Service/Sales Representative in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

1800CONTACTS is a great company! I have worked here for 12 years. They are a family friendly company. They are honest, loyal and trustworthy. They look out for their employees and have amazing benefits. They create a fun and rewarding environment. There is plenty of room to grow and achieve what is desired.

Cons

There is some flexibility regarding schedules as a phone agent, however, there is only so much flexibility due to staffing needs, this comes with the territory of the type of position.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

position

Nov 7, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) II in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

everyone in the company is very friendly. it's a good position to be in as well.

Cons

the pay versus other company could be a bit less.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company to work for!

Oct 21, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling, great system to trade shifts with coworkers, bonuses, coaching, 401K match, great health benefits for 30+hour workers, great company culture of positivity, inclusion, caring and working together to be the best at what we do, work at home options, discounts for employees and family members on eye exams, glasses, and contact lenses, lots of drawings and give aways throughout the year for employees to win, occasional Town Halls from CEOs and upper management to keep everyone informed, overall a really great place to work!

Cons

must meet minimum expectations (but they aren't hard), must work your full assigned shift on time and take breaks on time to avoid penalties, must be able to multitask and navigate the computer and internet competently, minimum starting wage $15

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

AMAZING COMPANY

Oct 11, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Vernal, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is by far the best job I've ever had. I can work from home, great benefits, awesome schedule, bonus checks, PTO, supervisors/managers that feel like a friend instead of a boss, no micromanaging ect

Cons

I would honestly say the only con is the fact that QA has a good control over whether or not we bonus. I mean I believe QA to be set in place for a good cause but if my cu are happy and I'm making the company money isn't what's most important?

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of talk, no walk.

Sep 20, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits for entry level call center work. The things they preach about in company values and culture are good but it all goes out the window pretty quickly.

Cons

I put in my 2 weeks notice and took off 2 weeks of paid time off that I had accrued. Not one word from my manager. Not an ok. Not a good luck. Complete silence. Over the 2 weeks I checked in to make sure everything was set and I was approved for paid time off. 2 weeks come and go and lo and behold my paycheck is less then the 2 weeks of paid time off. Spoke on the phone with payroll they said it was a miscommunication on their part, but they would not be paying me even after apologizing profusely. Don't tell them your leaving!!!

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Benefits

Jun 26, 2021 - Senior Customer Service Representative in Layton, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits, management is very attentive, understanding work environment, lots of perks and opportunity for bonuses and raises, work from home options even before covid

Cons

Not great communication between departments, favoritism between departments (compliance gets paid less than customer service despite doing significantly more work / doing a much harder job than we do), if you're a push over they will walk all over you.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work for!

Jan 28, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule Work from home Good benefits Monthly bonus

Cons

Pay could be higher for long term employees. I worked there for 12 years and my pay per hour capped at $18, although I still received a monthly bonus that was earned through qualifying sales numbers. When I hit 12 years I got a paper in the mail saying CONGRATULATIONS. Send me $1000 or something monetary to make me want to stay!!

1-800 CONTACTS Response

Director, People Operations

Thank you! We have some ideas in the work primarily regarding compensation within our Customer Department. We expect to see some positive changes in this area within the year. The concept will be "pick your pay." You compensation will tie directly to your level of performance. So, whether you are with the company for 3 moths or 10 years, your compensation will be within your control.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent job

Jan 15, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cafe and discounts on glasses and contacts

Cons

Management seemed to be on different pages

1-800 CONTACTS Response

Director, People Operations

Great advice. Thank you for taking the time to leave the review. We just reviewed our engagement survey results and each department is making the necessary changes to ensure we are listening to our associates and doing our best to meet their needs.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great people, Great company, not so great pay

Oct 22, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many benefits, including onsite restaurant, free coffee, drinks, snacks, massage people onsite. Theres a gym inside the building, as well as plenty of more fun items, like the game room full of different old-school, and new console games.

Cons

Pay wasn't very great in the Compliance department.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Reviews