1-800 CONTACTS Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

4.0
1-800 CONTACTS CEO John Graham
John Graham
Pros
  • "We have great benefits and amenities(in 26 reviews)

• "We work hard while here so we can maintain a great work-life balance(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "They wait until the end weeks of training to let you know that they have a bonus structure for only top performers and you can earn up to(in 7 reviews)

• "Upper management not very open to new ideas or suggestions from lower level employees(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great Place!

May 5, 2021 - Human Resources Business Partner
      Business Outlook

Pros

People were amazing to work with!

Cons

Not a wide enough selection of cereal to choose from when hungry.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Apr 27, 2021 - Digital Chat Associate in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

1-800 Contacts is a great company to work for because it loves up to or strives to embody its core values. Benefits are good and do is the pay.

Cons

Managers don't always value the contributions of team members and are highly focused on metrics

Director, People Operations

Thanks for taking care of our customers for as long as you did. We will pass this feedback along to our leadership in the Customer Department.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

I love where I work

Apr 27, 2021 - Human Resources in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's amazing how much our CEO and ELT members care. Every time we have a company wide Town Hall, I'm just more grateful for our leadership and all they do for their employees.

Cons

I don't have any cons right now. I'm really happy with the company and my specific role.

Director, People Operations

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about the company.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Mostly good, except work/life balance!

Jan 25, 2021 - Customer Care in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

They pay well for a starting position. They really do seem very genuine and caring about the employees. They have really great health insurance and 50% off contacts. They also make it easy to talk to some of the hire ups. The training program is really good too.

Cons

If you are looking for any flexibility you will not find it here. They have a point system for time off. You get so many points and have opportunities to earn more, but you have to spend points for everytime you want any time off. Most companies will let you request time off far in advance, and it does not cost you anything. You can only request 45 days in advance. If you are looking for a family vacation, do not count on it. If you got sick and couldn't go to work for more than two days (if you haven't used any points) you will get an infraction. I've never heard of a company that penalizes you when you are sick (even with a drs note). You are also locked into your hours and they are not willing to work with you on changing them.

Director, People Operations

Thank you for sharing this. If this is a consistent sentiment within the department we will absolutely look at making changes. If you have advice on what we could do in lieu of the point system we'd love to hear it.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

May 4, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance, company culture

Cons

benefits, 401k match, and compensation

Director, People Operations

Thanks for leaving this review! If you have suggestions on how we can improve what you've listed under "cons" we would love to hear them.

6. 5.0

WONDERFUL COMPANY, SO BLESSED TO BE HERE

Apr 11, 2021 - RX Capture Team in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

managers would do anything for you to help you shine, everyone cares about everyone no matter they're position, human beings working here

Cons

So far i have not found any cons and i think i'll never will

Director, People Operations

Wow, thank you so much for the positive feedback! We will continue to do our best to protect the culture you've grown to love.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Monday’s Don’t Suck!

Apr 8, 2021 - Manager II in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with, the culture, winning in our revenue goals, solving complex problems, great transparency, love the perks

Cons

It is a bit of a drive from my house but that’s not a deal breaker.

Director, People Operations

Thanks for leaving this review!

8. 5.0

Great company

Apr 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

They really care about employees and keeping everyone happy.

Cons

Very fast paced but not necessarily a bad thing.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced, hard working & results focused!

Feb 5, 2021 - Director in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's incredible how much this company listens. At most companies, it seems voices are heard only through anonymous surveys. It's refreshing to work for a company that will hear you if you have a concern. Over the last 2 years I've felt pushed and challenged more than any other time in my career. In the 25 years 1-800 Contacts has been business, 2020 was the most productive year we've had. 2021 is starting off the same. The urgency, drive and focus of the leadership team is contagious.

Cons

It would be nice to have one consistent communication platform as we continue to work in a virtual environment.

Director, People Operations

This is great to hear! Thank you for posting. We'd love to have you reach out to your business partner so we can discuss suggestions on how we can improve the multiple communication platforms. That's definitely something we've noticed and an area we need to figure out.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Mar 30, 2021 - Operations Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a company that puts the employee first

Cons

I can't think of any

Director, People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave this and being an integral part of putting our associates first.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 300 Reviews