1-800 CONTACTS Reviews

1-800 CONTACTS CEO John Graham
John Graham

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Pay is low and it’s hard to advance without killing your self.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Management is the worst.(in 13 reviews)
  • "They have no flexibility on negotiating a salary or time off.(in 10 reviews)
  • "No bonus structure.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Not great communication between departments, favoritism between departments (compliance gets paid less than customer service despite doing significantly more work / doing a much harder job than we do), if you're a push over they will walk all over you.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of 1-800 CONTACTS and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Great people!!

May 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked with a better group of people. In my role, I am fortunate enough to interact with associates in all areas of the company and I can honestly say that the company has done a great job creating a fun, respectful, and collaborative environment.

Cons

The Company is growing, so there are pains associated with that. However, leadership is great at listening and addressing concerns as they arise.

People Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your review! That's wonderful to hear. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as a member of the 1-800 Contacts team.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fantastic - People Oriented

May 2, 2022 - Compliance Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for 1800 Contacts is amazing. You get to work with fantastic people and get treated very well by those you work with.

Cons

Pay is a little lower, but benefits are outstanding.

People Communications Coordinator

We agree - we have some pretty fantastic people working at 1-800 Contacts. :) Thank you for your review!

3. 4.0

Great company and culture

May 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

They care about people and it shows. They have some great benefits.

Cons

Extremely busy. Work/home balance may suffer at times.

People Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your positive review! We agree - we think we have a pretty great culture here. :) The work/life balance of our associates is important to us, so we will be sure to pass along your feedback to our People Department.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very pleasant place to work

Apr 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Hybrid workplace -On-site catering -Good CEO -On-site gym -Good benefits -Overall tone of the company is positive -Good work/life balance

Cons

Honestly, I think overall there aren't any cons of working here, at least on a macro level. Individual teams have more heartburn than the company as a whole.

5. 2.0

No work life balance

May 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not many pros here unless you want a discount on lens

Cons

No work life balance and pay is horrible

People Communications Coordinator

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are constantly re-evaluating our associate benefits to ensure they are both competitive and comprehensive. Some of the benefits and perks we currently offer to our people include tuition reimbursement up to $2,500, access to dedicated, licensed therapists at no cost, medical/dental/vision benefits, an incentivized wellness program complete with free virtual training, company-sponsored events, 401(k) – and we’ll match your contributions up to 3.5%, equity in the company, development opportunities, and of course, great discounts on contacts and eyewear. 😊 Healthy work/life balance is definitely important to us, so we’d be happy to pass along your feedback to our People Department and leadership team.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Big-hearted and better together

Apr 20, 2022 - IT Manager in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel like part of the 'we' - our leadership team walks the talk of our value that we are 'better together'. From the bottom to the top (yes, we work in that kind of organization) we are focused on the value of being 'big-hearted' as we participate in community service, individual development and opportunities to impact individual's lives.

Cons

I'll probably never leave because this is such a good organization. In my role, there is not a path for further career advancement.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

A Company Who Cares About People

Apr 15, 2022 - Manager 2 in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for development & advancement, virtual culture, transparent leadership, culture of disrupting the healthcare industry, lots of coaching and feedback, authenticity is highly valued, competitive & fast paced environment focused on data and making meaningful improvements.

Cons

I miss working at the office and look forward to returning

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company

Apr 13, 2022 - Shipping in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, continuous rewards for good work

Cons

A lot of physical work

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Den of vipers

Apr 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They do have benefits available, but they become available incrementally. Not unheard of.

Cons

Very juvenile environment. Managers, but no leaders. They also show favoritism when it comes to assigning workloads.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0

Fun culture low pay

Apr 20, 2022 - Escalations
    Business Outlook

Pros

it's got a fun culture and they award those that do a good job.

Cons

Some in management would get too ocupied with other tasks to provide. Compensation is pretty bad too.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 387 Reviews

1-800 CONTACTS Reviews FAQs

1-800 CONTACTS has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 395 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at 1-800 CONTACTS to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, 1-800 CONTACTS employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at 1-800 CONTACTS. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

88% of 1-800 CONTACTS employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated 1-800 CONTACTS 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at 1-800 CONTACTS to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with 1-800 CONTACTS Job Seekers