KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1-800 CONTACTS

Engaged Employer

1-800 CONTACTS

Add a Review

1-800 CONTACTS Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Dec 11, 2018

Found 7 of over 349 reviews

4.2
1-800 CONTACTS CEO John Graham
John Graham
Pros
  • "We have great benefits and amenities(in 26 reviews)

• "We work hard while here so we can maintain a great work-life balance(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "They wait until the end weeks of training to let you know that they have a bonus structure for only top performers and you can earn up to(in 7 reviews)

• "Upper management not very open to new ideas or suggestions from lower level employees(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of 1-800 CONTACTS and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Do you LOVE your job? I do!

Jul 2, 2014 - Hardworking Employee in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for 1-800 Contacts for roughly 6 years now, and can honestly say that I LOVE my job. Since joining the 1-800 Contacts family, I have had the opportunity to work with so many honest, fun, hardworking people. The culture here at 1-800 Contacts is one that makes you feel, 1.That your employer has your back 2. You will ALWAYS be valued as an individual 3. We practice what we preach 4. That we know when to have fun, and know when its time to get down to business. Between you and me, this is the BEST place to work!

Cons

There seems to be a slack of transparency from upper management at times with changes within departments, and I know that can be unnerving at times for associates.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hmmm... Vision doesn't match Execution

Feb 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall the day to day experience is pretty good the company provides a lot of fun stuff for employees to keep them entertained. Things like: Film Festivals, Awards, Summer Party, Bowling and Golf Tournaments Benefits are fairly standard - Subsidized meals - 401k Match - Health Dental and Vision --- they offer 50% off your contact lenses, but check around sometimes price-match can beat the employee discount

Cons

800Contacts is very flat and there isn't a lot of room for personal growth. The company overall has a really good vision and idea for what the culture should be, but, office politics are really hard to maneuver around. When you find success it is far too easy to become a target for a manager's political gain causing a lack of trust towards upper management. Also, gossip that spreads around about co-workers is a serious issue in the building.

7 people found this review helpful

1-800 CONTACTS Response

Thank you for your critical feedback. We value our associates opinions and work very hard to make contacts a fun and safe environment to work in. We have an open door policy at 1-800 contacts and would encourage anyone who feels uncomfortable speaking to their manager to reach out to a member of the people department. Thank you again for this feedback. We will do all we can to address this concern.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Honeymoon is over

May 29, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with. Love the Grill and other benefits the company offers. It can have a very family good culture and that they put their employees first some of the time.

Cons

Pay isn't the best and for the extra work you do put in you barely get compensation. Communication from upper management is not consistent. They preach their employees come first and do that by trying to keep you happy with some free food every once in a while and some pretty cool company activities, but other than that they don't do much as far as a pay raise

12 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, poor pay

Jun 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone I work with are incredible, and the environment in general is really plesant. Every day is usually fun because of the people I get to talk to. Flexible scheduling. Great work-life balance. Excellent tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

Poor pay, management takes advantage of hard workers, no communication from upper management. Lower employees are often left in the dark on changes. You have to be in their "Boys Club" to move up, or just be a favorite.

3 people found this review helpful

1-800 CONTACTS Response

People Operations Business Partner

We keep a sharp eye on equitable pay and regularly adjust our pay grades to align well with market rates. There is tremendous value in paying our associates what they are worth, and we will continue to be fair with compensation. Communicating to our associates is a top priority in making our business successful. Our senior leadership team has recently begun holding town hall meetings regularly to provide better communication to associates at all levels within the organization. Associates are encouraged to ask questions and the CEO provides essential updates on the business. Networking throughout the organization is an important component of success, and our People Department and managers work diligently to promote top performers. We pay for performance and promote based on merit.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee

Politics are dragging it down

Apr 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has great amenities particularly in their corporate office. Customers are very well taken care of.

Cons

DC Management is very unforgiving. Mistakes being made blacklist you for promotions. Annual raises have become next to nothing. We are slowly losing perks that veterans have become accustomed to. The bigger the company gets, the smaller the associates become. Turnover is rapidly increasing especially in upper management.

6 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee

It has a lot of benefits, which makes it a great for a call center postition.

May 18, 2011 - Call Center Representative in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co-Workers Onsite Fitness Center Onsite Restaurant Company Film Festivals Fun Competitions

Cons

Not a lot of room to ultimately grow Sometimes upper management treated us lower than them Employees performed according to the lowest level of expectation Monotonous work

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    7. 4.0

Great Company with Common Issues

Dec 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Nice people. Fun office.

Cons

Opportunity for advancement very difficult outside of the call center. Upper management not very open to new ideas or suggestions from lower level employees.

4 people found this review helpful