KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1-800 CONTACTS

Engaged Employer

1-800 CONTACTS

Add a Review

1-800 CONTACTS Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 2, 2021

Found 24 of over 352 reviews

4.2
1-800 CONTACTS CEO John Graham
John Graham
Pros
  • "I loved working at 1-800 CONTACTS(in 31 reviews)

• "Great benefits, unlimited pto, remote work(in 31 reviews)

• Cons
  • "1-800 CONTACTS has always had great success(in 10 reviews)

• "1-800 Contacts is a great place to work(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of 1-800 CONTACTS and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Not your typical high-tech company

Sep 10, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

With Silicon Slopes growing like crazy, a 25-year old company that sells contacts and eye glasses may not seem like a high-tech business. But if you are looking for a some challenging engineering problems to solve in growing a successful business to the next level, if you want to make a difference in people's lives, and if you want to be surrounded by great co-workers, 1-800 Contacts is the place to be. Some things to call out: - Equity for every employee (full and part time). We all have a vested interest in the company succeeding - Management that cares about employees achieving their best, and proves it by mentoring, training, and promoting from within while still bringing in outside viewpoints and experience - A healthy focus on work-life balance

Cons

- Still trying to find the right way to organize development teams for maximum efficiency. Causes some disruption, but it is all in search of a better way.

Director, People Operations

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review! This is super helpful.

2. 5.0

So many good things

Aug 3, 2021 - Finance Manager in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very healthy work/life balance. High, but not unreasonable, expectations for growth and improvement. Onsite grille. Onsite fitness center. The best people around. A good focus on diversity. Strong leadership that truly cares. Fun and creative culture. An overall happy and enthusiastic environment.

Cons

There's a high demand to work here so can be difficult to get hired on.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing culture and work life balance

Dec 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company culture Leadership is very focused on employee satisfaction and happiness Easy access to senior leadership if you want to chat or ask questions You will be given a lot of trust and autonomy as an IC People are kind, thoughtful, and easygoing Great work-life balance

Cons

Company underpays As a result of low salaries, there is a lot of inexperience in many positions Lack of process, documentation, and good communication

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

May 4, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance, company culture

Cons

benefits, 401k match, and compensation

Director, People Operations

Thanks for leaving this review! If you have suggestions on how we can improve what you've listed under "cons" we would love to hear them.

5. 5.0

Great Place

Dec 2, 2020 - Senior Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities and development through multiple branches. A culture that cares about the customer and the team internally. Great work life balance. A CEO with an outstanding vision for grown and a deep concern for the front line associates.

Cons

Keep being a great place to work.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Full time

Feb 5, 2021 - Warehouse Associate in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

PTO, work/ life balance , amenities

Cons

Management styles, promotion equality ,tenure

1 person found this review helpful

Director, People Operations

Thanks for taking the time to leave this post. We always appreciate hearing where our opportunities are so we know where changes need to be made. It's also nice to know what was most impactful/helpful for you as an associate. We have a few ideas in the works for the 3 opportunities you've mentioned. It definitely varies by department, but we're optimistic about seeing positive change in those areas.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to work! Really take care of the people.

Oct 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I work in the IT department at 1-800 Contacts. We are doing some exciting things. The pros are: 1. Constantly improving and searching for a better way to use technology to improve our customer experiences. 2. Working with great people who are passionate about technology. 3. Opportunity to contribute directly to the company and quickly see the results of those contributions in better customer satisfaction or conversion. Great partnership with other dept. in the organization. 4. Amazing restaurant with great food so I don't have to worry about lunch or breakfast. Just order and pick it up at a significantly discounted price. 5. Fitness center with programs that help me be healthier, and free personal trainers. 6. Ability to disrupt the vision industry. 7. Great work life balance. 8. Fun company events.

Cons

Not a fan of this years IT holiday party, but that is just a personal preference.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company that treats everyone like family

Feb 28, 2018 - Communications Specialist in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many pros about contacts. One that amazed me was the opportunity for growth. I was constantly recognized for my hard work and was promoted a few times because of it. I saw others around me get promoted to positions in management within only a few months of working at contacts because they were such driven and hard workers. Other perks were the amazing events, the wellness center (and the wellness center staff who are so dedicated to helping the associates) on-site massages, on-site vision center with free exams for employees and family, half off contacts and eye wear, on-site grill, tuition assistance, associate outreach, shift flexibility, and great work-life balance.

Cons

I would say that contacts pays slightly lower than surrounding companies.

6 people found this review helpful

Director, People Operations

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's important for us to know what associates value and what is remembered most. We are in the process of reviewing our compensation structure and have already started to make some positive changes. It's always great to see alumni speak so highly of the organization. Thank you!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Job I've Ever Had

Apr 19, 2016 - Software Engineer in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

There aren't enough good things I can say about working for 1-800 Contacts. The work-life balance is better than anywhere I have ever been. The culture is collaborative and friendly which makes it really easy to come to work every day. There is a high level of employee focus in the way of events that activities that are held throughout the year. There are also many programs that promote healthy living which I really appreciate. For me, I have witnessed that if you work hard and show dedication, there are many opportunities to growth and advancement, more than any other company I have worked for. I would recommend working here to anyone and would think they are missing out if an opportunity to work here were ever passed up.

Cons

I can't think of any

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Outstanding Company Culture

Apr 15, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun working environment. Too many benefits and perks to list. Employees are appreciated and valued and the recognition program is excellent. Leadership is supportive and encouraging and work hard to keep talented employees. Great work-life balance. Flexible schedules, decent benefits, great mentoring and training programs. Everyone I work with has been here a long time, is positive and helpful and happy to be here!

Cons

No major cons come to mind. A few technical difficulties on occasion: wifi, computer issues, etc...

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Reviews