1 EDI Source Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dennis Abrahams

1. "Love the culture, team work and the people here at 1 EDI Source!"

Current Employee - Manager in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Solon, OH

I have been working at 1 EDI Source full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

1 EDI Source truly cares about their employees and they make sure out benefits and PTO package are the best out of any company out there. They recently made modifications to our building to create a Bistro for employees to use. I love the people I work with and we truly all work as a team to accomplish the same goals for the company. There is more transparency and communication between all departments, which improves how each department works together. They make sure they put funding towards programs, tools, and training that helps us work more efficiently.

Cons

Recently, there's been some change in leadership that makes it hard to establish a sense of security and trust with upper management, however as changes in the business occur we have a leadership team that communicates the information we need to know and works to create some stability when there are shifts in the business. We need to bring back our training program, employees really are wanting some learning opportunities.

Advice to Management

Just continue to be transparent with your employees and continue to invest the resources the employees need to further themselves professionally at 1 EDI Source and help serve our customers more efficiently. We need to bring back some sort of training program to develop the employees.

2. "Good Company"

I have been working at 1 EDI Source full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People, Benefits, work/life balance, overall environment. One of the best companies I have had the privilege to work for.

Cons

A lot of change in 6 months.

3. "Great Opportunity!"

I have been working at 1 EDI Source full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dedicated employees! Staff is one team, regardless of role and responsibility! Surrounded by subject matter experts and hard working employees, where everyone plays an integral part of the company's success. Quarterly all employee meetings and voluntary monthly meetings to provide continued insight to the business and key initiatives taking place. Outstanding healthcare benefits; great work life balance; and casual, friendly environment yet driven and ambitious atmosphere to accomplish goals and achieve desired results!

Cons

Education and training can improve to provide new hires with basic company and product knowledge, as well as, ongoing product and system training. Other than that, nothing stands out!

Advice to Management

The enhanced leadership's communication, visibility and transparency of our business' current and future developments and projections is appreciated. Continue the engagement and momentum!

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Sales in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Solon, OH

I worked at 1 EDI Source full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment and good people overall. Technology is better than most in a pretty stale industry but company is consistently trying to development new solutions and improve upon existing offerings through development efforts.

Cons

A lot of micromanagement and turnover on both the employee and management level. 1 EDI has a hard time keeping the best talent which in turns leads to a lot of inconsistency as new people are always being trained. Very hard to grow or have a career here

Advice to Management

1) Simplify things
    2) Get out of the way
    3) Empower and trust the staff more
    4) Get out of the conference rooms and roll up your sleeves

"A horrific waste of time for any sales rep"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Cleveland, OH

I worked at 1 EDI Source (More than a year)

Pros

Good Christmas party. That's all there is to say for pros. Oh good benefits while you last, which won't be long.

Cons

They have one rep they feed leads to. You are there to make garbage into gold while he is getting real leads and making money. No training. Clueless management. Over 20 people let go in the last year. The worst place I've ever briefly worked in. Run away.

"Candidate Beware"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at 1 EDI Source full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid people that care about a really great product. Organization seems committed to improving the culture. Good medical benefits - awesome owner.

Cons

During interview process they WILL sell you a bad bill of goods. This opportunity will seem enticing but if you're leaving an organization that is pretty much okay - STAY until you find a better opportunity. You will lack training and support. Management will say one thing and do something entirely different and make up for it and lack of communication with donuts. There is a lack of upward mobility and the organization moves too quickly for its own good.

"If You Like Your Current Job Don't Come Here"

I have been working at 1 EDI Source full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1 EDI Source, has a great pay package and industry leading benefits package. Even if you stand to make 10k more a year, it isn't worth making the change, Trust me. The office is very nice and grounds are well kept.

Cons

1 EDI stresses great employee culture, I would consider this a very accurate statement if I were hired as a manager. You are often talked down to by other managers, and there is always a snide remark for an idea or suggestion that is made. The training program would be great, but you will find yourself working for hours on a map but when you have a question good luck, the manager will have a million reasons why they couldnt get to you or give you the attention that is needed. The salary is great, but if I would have known now what a knew when I was hired at 1 EDI I never in a million years would have come on board. DO NOT COME TO WORK HERE IT WILL BE A HUGE REGRET!

Advice to Management

Talk to your consultants, find out what is going on down in the trenches. A bad manager can cause destruction of a team, the good ones will leave, and the ones that stay will have the worst attitudes and will eventually find their one way ticket out as well. Your numbers may look good on paper, but you need to take a look at your people.

"Recent Changes not for the better"

Current Employee - Consultant in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Solon, OH

I have been working at 1 EDI Source full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, takes care of employees.
    Excellent coworkers, the best in the business
    Leads/Mgrs in consulting department are super helpful and will bend over backwards to help
    Flexible hours allow for work/home balance

Cons

Changes in consulting department- occurred just a few weeks again and resulted in losing the previous Director of Managed Services who had been with the company for many years.
    We were all getting along really well, we've now lost the Director who know the business and started as a consultant here.
    New Manager for new setups who doesn't know EDI or how to map, so don't go to her with questions on how to do something, doesn't understand business.
    Lots of closed door meetings, much talk about "transparency" that is just that talk.
    Monitor with goals in consulting department that are useless, not enough people or work to accomplish them.
    Sales isn't selling so that's why hours are down.

Advice to Management

Stop making so many changes- listen to your employees.
    Keep your eyes and ears open, new people (mgrs) that don't understand the business shouldn't be making major changes 30 days in.
    If things don't improve there will be more loss of consultants- the stress level is reaching where is was several years ago.

"Never Been Happier in a Job"

I have been working at 1 EDI Source full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is really dedicated to its people. They listen and value opinions and expertise. Benefits are exceptional. Workplace is flexible providing solid work/life balance. Employees truly work together to achieve company goals. It's a work hard/play hard environment and the people are very friendly and motivated. Great place to work.

Cons

Haven't encountered a con yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

10. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Solon, OH

I have been working at 1 EDI Source full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close knit employee groups, improving management, and the Christmas party.

Cons

Vacation and time off policy.