1185 Design Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
  1. "Contractor"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at 1185 Design

Pros

The team is amazing, genuine, and caring. Everyone works hard and pours their heart into their work. The office is dog friendly (a major perk even for non-dog owners). They have an incredible sense of humor. The group is professional, gentle, and accommodating to everyone who works for them. There are plenty of healthy and delicious snacks, beverages, and meals. Peggy is an inspiration to the team and an... amazing role model for the community. She truly cares about her workers, clients, animals, and the environment. I would recommend working there for anyone.

Cons

There are no complaints about the work.

1185 Design2018-12-17

"Competive Pay"

I have been working at 1185 Design full-time

Pros

From Office Manager to upper management was great. Snacks, Halloween parties, Christmas parties. peggy was very generous and got everyone a room during the party.

Cons

I can’t say there was anything negative.

1185 Design2018-09-10

"Great Team, Great Work"

Current Employee - Designer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at 1185 Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team is friendly and kind and each member is exceptionally talented and skilled in what they do. They are experts in Branding and Identity. We get to work with incredible clients who are always doing something cutting edge that has the potential to change the way their industries work. Everyone is willing to help each other out whether by critiquing, creating assets, or just lending a helping hand when you have... a tight deadline. Overall a great company with great and interesting work and a team that is dedicated, fun and great to work with.

Cons

We have a lot of late nights before deadlines and some projects have an extremely tight turn-around time that can seem impossible to achieve sometimes; but somehow we always get the job done with quality output.

1185 Design2018-05-14

"Designer"

I worked at 1185 Design full-time

Pros

Learned what not to do in my career. Get to laugh at how fake those 5 star reviews are.

Cons

Did everything I should not be doing in my career.

Advice to Management

This is also laughable.

1185 Design2018-06-20

"Dinosaur Agency Going Extinct"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at 1185 Design for less than a year

Pros

Good People, good talent, unfortunately, that's where the good things end.

Cons

Disposable Design (no forethought longer than a few months, with clients usually having to redesign a project after completion) Management is incompetent, no project schedules, only last minute late nights for a project that was in the works for months, due to having to work on principal/owners schedule and waiting on feedback. Will not update their process to industry standards, designing websites like it's... 1920. (printed on paper) No career growth and complacent staff. No communication on project status. No client/designer communication. Lack of transparency and project deliverables.

Advice to Management

Lose the yes men, set up a company structure that can run on its own and step back, or shut the door.

1185 Design2018-06-20

"I love working here!"

Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer

I have been working at 1185 Design full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Stimulating, comfortable, creative environment that constantly challenges and inspires us to bring ideas to life. Strong bonds, amazing talent, great brands— lots of cool startups. Projects are diverse and always interesting. Great place to build a portfolio and cultivate your creativity. In all my years of experience, I have never worked for a company that consistently delivered top-notch design like this one.

Cons

At times can be very fast-paced. Make sure you have stamina and good running shoes...

1185 Design2018-05-10

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at 1185 Design full-time for more than a year

Pros

You working for the top agency in the Valley. The building is spectacular and charming all at the same time. Working in Palo Alto has it perks with all the restaurants a block away and there is a gym a street over.

Cons

There are no cons to working at 1185 Design.

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT work one business at a time!

1185 Design2018-05-10

"Meh"

I worked at 1185 Design full-time

Pros

kitchen stocked, dog friendly most of the time

Cons

not a supportive work environment. Run by one woman whose attitude is all about her needs re: late night schedules due to her time management issues, very timid workforce

Advice to Management

retire

1185 Design2017-02-16

"Great learning experience"

Former Intern - Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at 1185 Design for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. It is a great opportunity to learn and build your portfolio. I really enjoyed the opportunity and would recommend it to anyone starting their design career.

Cons

There are such a wide variety of projects to work on that you learn to balance your time.

1185 Design2015-08-08

"Great Experience"

Former Contractor - Designer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at 1185 Design for less than a year

Pros

Expect to work hard in a fun environment where everyone seems to care for you. Work on cutting edge projects for cutting edge Silicon Valley companies

Cons

It's an agency, so expect to work hard and contribute to a team.

1185 Design2015-08-08