KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

131 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Self-Actualization at 120VC

Apr 21, 2022 - Associate Practice Lead in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing leaders who truly care and challenge teammates to grow toward self-actualization. A team of like-minded professionals who feel more like family members - more than just colleagues. Scholarship to the Transformational Leadership Program (TLP), a 14-week leadership course, as part of employment. Variety in project types and business verticals makes for a wide range of opportunities to build experience and help others. Flexible working hours and generous benefits package. Being part of 120VC has propelled me in my personal and professional growth and has introduced me to what it feels like to be happy AND GRATEFUL for where I work and with whom I work.

Cons

120VC is amazing, but we are a group of folks who are used to hit the ground running and moving quickly because time is money. That means we move quickly on day 1 WHILE we're onboarding. It's part of

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A great place to work

May 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

120VC is very collaborative and encourages continual learning. It is a great place to work.

Cons

None that I can think of

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company to work for

Jan 21, 2021 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Leadership team cares. The training is modern and can easily put to use.

Cons

None I can think of at this time.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Be the better version of YOU

Oct 17, 2019 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great competitive compensation and benefit package (unlimited PTO - within reasonable planning) - Great for self-starter and self-driven individuals - Recruit the best of the best staff who LIVES 120VC values and matches well with the client's culture - No micromanagement and challenge team to be continuously improve - Awesome PLP/leadership program that is FREE and required for 120VC staff to participate - Good structural and practical framework to learn Project Management for those who are early-on in their career - CEO is an amazing and inspiring leader

Cons

- There is a lot of materials to consume the first few months joining and can be overwhelming at the beginning on top of tackling the assigned project for clients - It is contract based work so client may change as often as every 6M to a year - Staff turnover occurs, some mostly hired by client - Remote teammates across US, minimal in-person interaction

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Truly Special

Sep 30, 2019 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- As a member of the 120VC team, you feel good about yourself. Expectations are high because ambitions are high. If you do your job well, you're contributing to what the world needs most: Leadership. - Every possible effort is made to enable you for success in your role: clear expectations, regular reviews, extensive training. - A chance to work alongside a dynamic leader. In fact, J. Scott just published a book on leadership....it's outstanding. I don't know how he finds the time/energy. Incredible example.

Cons

Distributed team model makes it challenging to feel a kinship with your 120VC co-workers. However, it does make sense within a "servant leader" mindset, as you're a project leader at the client site, on behalf of 120VC.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ninjas of project management - 120VC is a great company for those who want to Transform business

Aug 11, 2019 - Project Leader/Scrum Master in Culver City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

While searching for my next role, I discovered 120VC and their Project Leadership Program (PLP), personally led by the CEO. Their training is a true Master class in leadership and change management that the company offers to every potential and new employee. Upon completion, I went straight to work on projects with one of 120VC's premiere entertainment studio clients. The CEO and management team is of the highest integrity, personally cares about each individual on the team, and ensures their professional development. Great benefits for a consulting firm too, for example, unlimited PTO which you can take advantage of between projects to celebrate your achievements and recharge for the next big adventure.

Cons

None, personally an ex-cel-lent experience!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture

May 15, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is my favorite part of 120VC. I have never worked somewhere where every team member is so engaged & positively transparent with each other!

Cons

None right now - really enjoying it

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Project management consulting in the Bahamas.

Jun 30, 2018 - Senior Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Really great client portfolio. - Not a stiff consulting firm. - Great benefits. - Unlimited time Off!! So long as projects are on target and client is happy. - Super-driven CEO who is very collaborative with the team. - Free GrubHub meal expense reimbursement.

Cons

- Must help ensure you are staffed or utilized. But that’s at any consulting firm. - They are working on 401k match.

9. 5.0

Great company values

Feb 5, 2018 - Senior Project Manager in Orange, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great client list and some large enterprise projects/programs.. - Invests in their project/program managers with internal training classes and coaching. - There are bonuses available for business development achievements that can add up to a thousands

Cons

- No person or company is perfect but 120VC is really trying to live out their values. - No matching 401k

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Expanding Our Services

Aug 4, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

120VC is always looking for ways to create greater efficiency and increased productivity for our clients, but now we're doing it for ourselves. In 2017, 120VC is improving their core systems and expanding their service offerings to leverage technology in providing our services and solving more business challenges for our clients. Innovation is what we're all about and this year we've turned inward to improve our operations. It's nice to be part of a company that is constantly evolving and improving for the benefit of its people and customers.

Cons

High healthcare costs and no matching 401K program are challenges, but leadership understands that challenge and realizes the only way to overcome them is to grow the company. So there's a big push for growth so that these programs can become a reality.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Reviews

120VC Reviews FAQs

120VC has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 57 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at 120VC to a friend and 92% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, 120VC employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at 120VC. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

94% of 120VC employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated 120VC 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at 120VC to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be MISSING VALUE.

Popular Careers with 120VC Job Seekers