120VC Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
120VC CEO Jason Scott
Jason Scott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Expanding Our Services"

I have been working at 120VC full-time

Pros

120VC is always looking for ways to create greater efficiency and increased productivity for our clients, but now we're doing it for ourselves. In 2017, 120VC is improving their core systems and expanding their service offerings to leverage technology in providing our services and solving more business challenges for our clients. Innovation is what we're all about and this year we've turned inward to improve our operations. It's nice to be part of a company that is constantly evolving and improving for the benefit of its people and customers.

Cons

High healthcare costs and no matching 401K program are challenges, but leadership understands that challenge and realizes the only way to overcome them is to grow the company. So there's a big push for growth so that these programs can become a reality.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding our service offerings.

2. "Inspiring and Growing Culture"

I have been working at 120VC full-time

Pros

The team has worked together over the past year to create a brand new culture, there was already team work and great care for each member of the team, but now there is an even stronger sense of passion and drive to grow the team, build within and help each other. 120VC has such an infectious atmosphere, that you can't help but get excited and it's only growing. Proud to be apart of it all.

Cons

Just keep on growing.

Advice to Management

Continuing to be transparent.

3. "Compensation and salary"

I have been working at 120VC full-time

Pros

I believe 120VC offers very competitive salaries, and has a clearly laid out roadmap on how to progress through the different positions and titles. Each of these comes with salary increases; but you have to earn it.

They also offer several incentives where there is a potential to earn additional compensation.

The benefits are reasonable for a smaller company

Cons

I really can't think of anything specific.

Advice to Management

Continuing growing the company in an effort to offer better benefits, and more opportunities.

4. "Excellent culture!"

I have been working at 120VC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They truly function as a great team and see the value in everyone's contribution. At 120VC everyone works well independently and cares about being a quality team member. The passion everyone exudes for 120VC is contagious and it is truly a unique company to be a part of.

Cons

I don't really have any cons. I'd love for us to grow to more of a global presence but 120VC is on the right track for that to happen!

Advice to Management

Continue to keep up the transparency and guiding team members to be founders of the organization!

5. "Say What They Do and Do What They Say, Mostly"

I have been working at 120VC full-time

Pros

120VC invests heavily in their new hires with a three-pronged approach: on-the-job training, their Guidebook and a Program Manager coaching them and their 9 week training sessions and 9 exams, to achieve the 120VC PFC certification. Then the training and coaching continues towards the CPM and CPgM certifications.

120VC's Team is very supportive, desiring everyone to grow and be successful.

120VC's Guidebook, aka The Standard, continues to be a proven how to lead projects and be successful regardless of the type, size, complexity, geography etc., of the project; it's applicable across the board. And it's continually updated and relevant; version 5 will include discussion and applications for Agile.

Another things that sets 120VC apart from their competition, and many other companies as well, is their foundation and giving back through the free training and support provided to ex-military, soon to depart military, under-employed and unemployed. The 120VC 9 training sessions and exams are offered at no cost other than their time and effort to enhance their project management skills and be better prepared and confident to interview for possible positions they might seek.

Cons

For 120VC transparency is a big deal and for the most part they are transparent, especially about the good things like celebrating new hires, new clients, exams passed and certifications earned. The "mostly" comment in the review title is for the stark contrast on transparency when the negatives happen like Team Members leave or financial growth doesn't meet the high expectations set.

Advice to Management

Obviously continue to expand on the great things 120VC does while at the same time work on expanding the transparency when things don't go well. Find a way to share these things in a timely manner. A more balanced approach may help foster creativity to do things better or try another way next time.

120VC Response

Aug 1, 2017 – CEO

Thanks so much for leaving this review! Your comments about how we handle bad news are spot on. Frankly, sharing the bad news is hard because I don’t want to burden the team with the speed bumps... More

"The team spirit and looking out for the team is real. This company breathes teamwork."

I have been working at 120VC full-time

Pros

Limiting to 5 bullets :-)
    - Everyone has to go through their training which means we all start with the same foundation.
    - The projects are fun and lend room for growth
    - There is also opportunity to work remote which makes that a bonus.
    - The benefits and vacation time are great
    - As we learn from past mistakes it is great to see the team jump in to make this place better.

Cons

- standard growing pains. Not sure if that is a con though.

Advice to Management

- Stay the course!
    - All ahead flank!

"A Truly Human Organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 120VC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

120VC is a team that walks their talk. From their mission to their core values. Every team member truly cares about the person to their right and the person to their left. This results in a product that is unmatched and an experience that is truly fulfilling. Our clients don't look at us like mercenary billing machines, but like trusted partners that are emotionally invested in their success. I feel empowered to make any decision necessary to ensure the best possible outcome for my client and their team members.

Cons

120VC is not a culture for individuals that put their needs before that of the team or the client. At 120VC we win for the team. In addition, Project Management focused on maximizing the efficient use of time and money to achieve transformation outcomes is hard work. This team works hard and plays hard. 120VC is not a place for cry babies!

Advice to Management

Stay laser focused... Continue to make your decisions based on how they related to the big 3. Caring about your clients and doing a superior job for them, caring about your team members and giving them the support they need to perform the later, focus on growing your account base and billable heart count to create great employment opportunities for current and future team members.

"They Walk the Talk!!!"

I have been working at 120VC full-time

Pros

+ Best culture I have been part of in over 15 years
    + 120VC nurtures a culture of empowerment, initiative, & innovation
    + 120VC leadership gives you what you need to be successful AND supports you while your doing it
    + They actually do leader development
    + Everyone in the organization, including the CEO, is held accountable by their team
    + Jason Scott IS a leadership example

Cons

(-) there is a lot of professional reading and information you will need to learn and apply as soon as you are part of the team

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I have a better idea of what business should be. I love being a part of this!

"Awesome x Infinity"

Current Employee - Stakeholder Champion in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Stakeholder Champion in Seattle, WA

Pros

120VC has the most amazing culture that I've ever had the privilege to be a part of. From a visionary CEO down through the ranks, everyone at the company is enthusiastic, positive, helpful and loves being a part of this company. I was drawn here by these core values that can be found at the company's website:

We sincerely care about people and demonstrate this in our words, our actions and how we deliver
        We think like entrepreneurs, innovate and challenge the status quo to create substantial wins for our clients
        We believe that HOW we win defines us
        We do what we say we are going to do, we are accountable
        We find Win – Win scenarios; trade-offs sell our stakeholders short
        Our team members mistakes are safe with an obligation to share the lessons learned
        We create an environment where people are encouraged to BE authentic
        If we think someone is making a mistake, we have an obligation to voice it
        WE WALK THE TALK…

So far I've found that these are not just random statements, this company actually means what they say and they practice it every day.

Cons

Nothing that I've seen so far. This company, while going through a bit of a transition from a sales perspective is doing it the right way.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do best...... thinking big, being bold and walking the talk!

"Embodies and Sets the Standard for Project Management"

I worked at 120VC full-time

Pros

Bar none, the most outstanding, thorough, and practical approach to project management. Their hands-on training and applied approach is outstanding. The management team is knowledgeable, collaborative, engaging, sharing, and phenomenal leaders, always reaching out to provide guidance and support. Client satisfaction among project owners, stakeholders, etc is exceptional.

Cons

For those interested in a mastery of project management and willing to put forth the time and commitment, 120VC is superlative, but might seem intense and overwhelming during the initial stages.

Advice to Management

Continue to expand into areas of agile, Scrum, Jira and related processes and methodologies.