14 West Reviews

16 Comments

Advertising

115.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=14 West~1351223
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Generous Company

May 9, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free parking and you are treated like a human.

Cons

There are no cons at this time.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Learn and Grow

Mar 9, 2022 - Data Engineer I in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at 14 West has a collaborative mindset that allows for growth in their respective fields and explore opportunities that are outside your area of expertise.

Cons

Planning for large projects can be a challenge because there are so many dependencies across different teams that require coordination that just isn't there yet.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not the company you think

Apr 7, 2022 - Accounts Payable in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Allowed you to work from home.

Cons

Very poor management styles and skills

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Those were the good days

Mar 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent team mates Collaborative environment Good company perks Great office locations

Cons

No real company culture- set by individual team managers Poor at goal setting Too many things due at any given time Poor time management

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Leadership is not great. I stayed a long time for my co-workers. Would not recommend working her at the moment.

Jan 25, 2022 - Systems Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was recently market-rated for everyone so it's about average. For years my co-workers were what kept me going at 14west. Lots of great people who commiserated with the insanity.

Cons

All of those co-workers left in the "great resignation". Nah man, they didn't leave because of some buzz word, they left because management slowly whittled down our confidence in them to the point where it was a joke. Working at 14west (specifically in IT) was a lot of balancing the affiliates ridiculous demands with our ability to meet those demands in a sane way. Do you want to support software that still runs on flash in 2022? Do you want to move everything to cloud because that's what the cool kids are doing? Do you want to work for a spam company? Don't even get me started about an incident where Spamhaus blocked our IPs and we couldn't send out our email campaigns. Management just couldn't stop blaming it on the "unfairness" of big tech. It was not. Google Spamhaus and who they block. That's who you're working for. I left because I missed working with people who cared.

6 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Creativity and growth potential

Nov 2, 2021 - Proposal Manager in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun company culture, lots of opportunity to make your mark

Cons

Instability and lack of firm direction

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Oct 12, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best places to grow your creativity, tech skills and career

Cons

You really need to take your career path and role into your own hands.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good and Bad

Sep 1, 2021 - Internal Marketing Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers, fun events, and perks.

Cons

Did not agree with many of the companies practices, laid off a bunch of people, and low pay.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Experience with 14 West

Aug 9, 2021 - Accounting Intern in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture: encouraged growth and individual thinking. Gained a number of skills and experiences that I wouldn't have expected at the start. Exposed to numerous tasks, some of which would not have been average for an internship experience. Great relationship with manager and upper-level staff. Environment really encourages relationship and communication.

Cons

No real cons that I have found in my experience

14 West Response

Director, Communications

We love to hear about your strong relationships and lines of communication with leadership. That's exactly what we want. We believe this is key in learning and growth, and your experience seems to support that. Thank you for taking the time to share.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Scam company hiding in expensive office building

Jul 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free booze & snacks Tele-work capable during the COVID-19 pandemic Decent pay as long as you don’t work on commission You can get hired with no experience or education in the field Impossible to get fired, another Agora company will hire you immediately if you do Tons of happy hours & extravagant holiday parties even when company-wide layoffs are occurring They really go the extra mile to solicit positive reviews from current employees Always room for growth/taking on extra responsibilities with the high turnover rate Beautiful historic office buildings that aren’t handicap accessible

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with day-to-day operations and does not know or care about employees or quality of work Little diversity/frat house culture that’s unwelcoming to BIPOC & women All tech is created in-house so it’s not relevant to any other workplace Shady marketing campaigns that target seniors & spread misinformation Companies are constantly being rebranded or merged because of all the lawsuits Last paycheck was a full week late

7 people found this review helpful

14 West Response

Director, Communications

To the reviewer, as disappointing as this review is to read, we appreciate you taking the time to post. Whether or not it is entirely fair or accurate, your perception of the organization is useful and is being shared with our leadership.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 103 Reviews

14 West Reviews FAQs

14 West has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 108 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at 14 West to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, 14 West employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at 14 West. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

66% of 14 West employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated 14 West 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at 14 West to be benefits, management, career development and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with 14 West Job Seekers