KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

14 West

Engaged Employer

14 West

Add a Review

14 West Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jul 30, 2021

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work and Learn

Feb 20, 2019 - DevOps Systems Administrator in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great fairly laid back work environment Manager is very attentive to feedback, meets regularly with me to check-in Teams work very well together and communication is seamless across the entire department Leadership is fairly decentralized (never have felt intimidated or afraid to talk with upper management, feels like everyone is equally important). Growth potential definitely exists, but you have to really show that you are able and willing.

Cons

Benefits could be slightly better, but that's a really minor con

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Easy, fun, and good worklife balance

Apr 28, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work-life balance. Work is easy and rarely requires off hour works, but are flexible to work with you to make sure you aren't overworked.

Cons

Went through a lot of layoffs and upper management doesn't always learn from past lessons

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Don't recommend it

Jul 18, 2019 - Information Technology in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

happy hours, beer fridge, the people that are actually working (20% of the company)

Cons

Upper management is a bunch of fratty drinkers with access to the company card that they take advantage of for personal use. Middle management is completely lost and they struggle with leading, managing, or setting an example. The company promotes based on the time you've been with the company, rather than your contributions to the company or team, or if you are the best in the team. There are a lot of unnecessary people that should be gone but because they do the bare minimum, they can stay.

12 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Scam company hiding in expensive office building

Jul 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free booze & snacks Tele-work capable during the COVID-19 pandemic Decent pay as long as you don’t work on commission You can get hired with no experience or education in the field Impossible to get fired, another Agora company will hire you immediately if you do Tons of happy hours & extravagant holiday parties even when company-wide layoffs are occurring They really go the extra mile to solicit positive reviews from current employees Always room for growth/taking on extra responsibilities with the high turnover rate Beautiful historic office buildings that aren’t handicap accessible

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with day-to-day operations and does not know or care about employees or quality of work Little diversity/frat house culture that’s unwelcoming to BIPOC & women All tech is created in-house so it’s not relevant to any other workplace Shady marketing campaigns that target seniors & spread misinformation Companies are constantly being rebranded or merged because of all the lawsuits Last paycheck was a full week late

7 people found this review helpful

Director, Communications

To the reviewer, as disappointing as this review is to read, we appreciate you taking the time to post. Whether or not it is entirely fair or accurate, your perception of the organization is useful and is being shared with our leadership.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

14 West was a great place to work at before all the structural changes that occurred in February.

Jul 20, 2020 - Ecommerce Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture was great and very laid back.

Cons

Untrustworthy upper management and too many changes.

2 people found this review helpful

Digital Content Manager

It's no secret that our Technology division has undergone a great deal of change and restructuring over the last several years. Some of this change just comes with the territory as service providers - as our clients' businesses and needs evolve, we must respond. Instead of fearing change or rejecting it, we must embrace it. Sometimes that means that an established solution needs to be revisited or completely abandoned in the blink of an eye. That is never our goal, nor is it ideal, but that is our reality. And our people have to be willing and eager to be a part of the subsequent change.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

WesTech Upper Management

Apr 1, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great happy hours and office parties

Cons

Upper Management is unprofessional

8 people found this review helpful

Digital Content Manager

WesTech leadership is taking a hard look at themselves and the business right now. Leadership development and management is and will continue to be an enormous focus for the tech division in 2020 - secondary only to doing everything they can to continue to drive the business forward.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews

Popular Careers with 14 West Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at 14 West? Share Your Experiences

14 West Photos

+ Add Photo
14 West photo of: 14 West thrives from the constant collaboration between the different services that we provide including: Tech, Facilities, Communications, Legal, Financial, and HR.
14 West photo of: 14 West is shaped by innovation. In an ever changing industry, 14 West provides dynamic business intelligence to better the network of The Agora Companies.
14 West photo of: 14 West ensures the well-being of their workplaces through the different services they offer. The supportive executive and managerial teams provide each employee with the resources they need.
14 West photo of: With over 12 office buildings scattered throughout Mt. Vernon, 14 West provides their employees with a dynamic campus that consists of a range of locations for the perfect meeting.

Affiliated Companies