15Five Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 2, 2020

5.0
15Five Founder and CEO David Hassell
David Hassell
Pros
  • "The company really cares about you becoming your Best-Self(in 13 reviews)

• "You can be yourself, you truly have a work life balance, generous maternity and paternity leave(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Just your typical start up/growing pains with defined processes in flux(in 9 reviews)

• "Not a single one that comes to mind(in 4 reviews)

"I adore this place"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at 15Five full-time for less than a year

Pros

The flexible schedule, excellent pay and the space to get the job done without being micromanaged are amazing. I've never worked at a place so focused on personal and career growth, even from day one.

Cons

I wish the health insurance didn't still cost me as much as it does. I admit I expected that coverage to be better before I was hired. Many of the benefits are amazing, but if you prefer less benefits and more compensation that might surprise you, or be not to your liking.

Advice to Management

None! I love working here

15Five2020-01-02

"I LOVE it here"

Current Employee - Frontend Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 15Five full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have never before worked at a company that ACTUALLY cares about me. This is the place I have been looking for forever. I used to fantasize about starting company with my friends, but now I fantasize about convincing all of them to join 15Five. The pay and benefits are great, the workload is reasonable, as much time off as you need, coworkers who travel the world, your voice is truly heard, I could go on and on.

Cons

Honestly, can't think of any?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

15Five2019-11-16

"Simply amazing in every way possible!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 15Five full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing culture and people, unlike anything I've EVER experienced at a company! It feels unreal to be part of a work environment that truly encourages and motivates you to become your best self, and to approach it without fear or judgement. Management is not only approachable and smart, but encouraging and trusting of each individual. Company Philosophy and Core Values go beyond words, they are lived and breathed. I genuinely feel part of a team with purpose and look forward to each day!

Cons

None comes to mind, other than your typical growing pains in a high-growth start up.

15Five2019-10-03

"Never have I been so happy"

Current Employee - Customer Support Special

I have been working at 15Five full-time for less than a year

Pros

-I truly feel happy and supported by all of my co-workers -They have an employee-centric culture that drives the company. -An amazing leadership team, who care about employees -Opportunities to grow with the company

Cons

-They are still growing, so certain hiccups can occur, though they have done a wonderful job of navigating those hiccups

Advice to Management

Keep it up. We feel your support and want to help continue towards success.

15Five2019-10-04

"Best "Best Place to Work" Out There"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 15Five full-time for more than a year

Pros

15Five walks the talk when it comes to creating the space for people to become their greatest selves. It all starts with one of the most unified, authentic, vulnerability-embracing, ego-less executive teams that I've ever encountered in my professional life. Leadership and managers truly care about developing their people both professional and personally, and there is a genuine commitment to ensuring balance and preventing burnout, despite the intense, high growth stage we are in. We embrace Radical Candor and "truth with kindness" and are able to create an uncommon level of trust, belonging and psychological safety with our teams- its one of the only places I've ever worked where I don't fear or dread feedback. The educational benefits and ongoing training that is provided to employees and contractors is unparalleled - I feel like a completely different person compared to my pre-15Five life, thanks to all of the learning and growing that has happened in the last year. Some other things that stand out include generous paid parental leave for both moms and dads, flexible time off, group meditations, wellness and learning allowance, and all of the usual health and retirement benefits.

Cons

If you haven't worked it a high growth start up before, the intensity, pace and ever-changing priorities could be hard to get used to.

15Five2019-09-26

"Becoming"

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 15Five full-time for less than a year

Pros

15Five goes beyond status-quo workplace benefits (which are already pretty great in tech) and focuses on supporting the whole person at work. We're attempting to consolidate many different philosophies around great workplace culture and form a business standard: Best Self Management. Effectively doing so allows high performance in all segments of our company. This can also be a con since we fall short of the standard we've set. Since the organization is so mission driven, it attracts more mission driven employees than most. Office spaces are great! Loads of talent in all departments.

Cons

Since we're building so much so fast, there are often gaps. This typically comes in the form of leadership/management competency gaps or program/department functionality holes. That's all fine and expected in any organization: we're all becoming our Best Selves. Where we can do better is being open and transparent about our vulnerabilities, both personally and organizationally.

Advice to Management

Please don't use the phrase "growing pains". It sounds like an excuse for poor performance. Be brave and take (specific) responsibility.

15Five2019-09-25

"More companies should be like 15Five"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 15Five full-time for less than a year

Pros

I did not know a company like this could exist and I couldn't be happier to be with 15Five. Leadership is transparent and deeply cares and invests in their employees' growth/development (both personally and professionally). You are trusted from day one and given the freedom/flexibility to do your best work. Employees work hard, help each other constantly, and truly believe in our mission/platform. You feel like you're part of a team and family. There are a ton of resources to learn and grow and it's exciting to be part of a fast growing startup. I am energized by my work every day and hope others can experience that feeling too!

Cons

Nothing major comes to mind. I guess the usual "pains" of a startup but it's exciting and a great opportunity to learn and contribute early on. Your opinion is valued here and you can make an impact!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!

15Five2019-09-20
  8. "Focused on outcomes and helping people become their best selves"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at 15Five full-time for less than a year

Pros

15Five is focused on the critical mission of helping the world become a better place to work. The leadership team authentically believes and demonstrates our focus on our business outcomes as well as helping people be and become their best selves. Focused on our customers and our culture Outstanding community of colleagues who genuinely care about the mission and each other We use 15Five software ourselves, which helps us stay focused on what's most important and recognize each other for contributions and accomplishments

Cons

We have a number of practices for introducing and involving new people onto our team that offset any negatives associated with fast growth

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on our customers, our culture, and our people and continuing to innovate in these three areas.

15Five2019-09-17
  9. "Sales development rep"

I have been working at 15Five

Pros

15five cares about your growth and development both personally and professionally. Right out of the gate they ask you where you'd like to be down the road and within the organization.

Cons

We are growing so fast and experience growing pains. This is to be expected though and 15five will over come them and will only make us better.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring hard working and culture fit people.

15Five2019-09-17
  10. "Incredible Culture and Work Environment"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 15Five full-time for more than a year

Pros

15Five has a phenomenal company culture, really embodying the "practice what you preach" mentality. Being in an environment that is invested in my growth and development, both as an employee and an individual, has helped me thrive and understand what really fuels my passion. -Fantastic team environment -Culture of transparency and psychological safety -Full confidence in leadership team -Flexible work environment/time off policy -Clear career path development

Cons

I can't think of anything I'd list as a con of working here

Advice to Management

Keep it up, doing a fantastic job!

Found 79 reviews