15Five Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2021

4.9
15Five Founder and CEO David Hassell
David Hassell
Pros
  • "They want you to become your best self so in hand you are simply just doing your best work day in and day out(in 19 reviews)

• "The skills and mindsetsI learned from 15Five and its leadership team are invaluable life lessons(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's a fast-growing company which comes with some growing pains(in 11 reviews)

• "Any con I could list would echo what you'd hear at any fast-paced startup(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of 15Five and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Great place!

Mar 11, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and work life balance.

Cons

Standard start up pains every so often.

2. 5.0

Still loving it here!

Oct 21, 2020 - Customer Success Manager in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I wrote a review shortly after I started but wanted to come back and update.....I still absolutely love it here!I have been here a little under 2 yrs. It took me about 6 mths to stop waiting for the other shoe to drop. It really is as wonderful as it sounds. Never before have I worked somewhere that was so committed to you becoming your best self and finding what you are truly passionate about. They want you to succeed, in whichever role is best for you. They constantly provide trainings to help with your growth. They let you explore your interests and determine where your strengths will benefit you and the company the most. They give you the autonomy to do your job and the support if you need it. The work/life balance is fantastic. You have the flexibility to work when/where you need to work to accommodate your family situation. COVID was a real test for all companies and 15Five truly took the lead on what a supportive, caring organization should be. I have truly never been happier in my career!

Cons

I'm truly struggling to find something to complain about. I guess the fact that there are so many high achievers here can be daunting. Everyone is such a good person and goes above and beyond for their fellow man, it can feel like you'll never catch up/compare. But it's a good problem to have. It pushes you to find where you can contribute your talents.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best company I've ever worked for (understatement of the century)

Sep 30, 2020 - Operations in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company takes people-first mentality to an unprecedented level extreme, while still maintaining a level of professionalism and business success. It is truly inspiring and wouldn't be possible without our grade-A+ senior leadership team and the amazing 15Fivers that live the companies virtues each and every day. If you are obsessed with helping other be and become their best selves while also striving for the same results for yourself, I highly recommend this organization. It's more than perks, FTO and all the other great things that come with working at 15Five. It's about being seen, heard and valued like no where else. We continue to thrive despite all that has happened in 2020 primarily because each and every person that has been fortunate enough to join our team is guided by the same north star. and to us this is more than just another business. We are all on a mission to change the world by unlocking the potential of every member of the global workforce. The fact that I'm even using our "company vision" in a sentence like that still blows my mind.

Cons

It's a stretch to call this a downside, but ti can be tough to be a 100% remote company and to work with such amazing, inspired and inspiring people. I wish we could get more face time. Who says that about work nowadays? We do have company and team retreats that will resume once we beat covid, but in the meantime I'll have to settle for weekly virtual coffee's on zoom and our amazing "Question Friday" boost meetings.

4. 5.0

Truly Unique Company that cares about performance *and* people

Oct 8, 2020 - Solution Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

15Five truly walks the walk when it comes to internal culture. I remember learning about 15Five from the outside and wondering what it would be like to actually work at the company and after 1 year there, can confidently say the leadership & teams really do demonstrate the philosophy and values we promote (like Best Self Management: the company really does care about employees thriving, while still maintaining a commitment to high performance). Other major pro - the leadership & teams are very receptive and responsive to feedback. So even when there are areas for opportunity/improvement, the culture is such that those get surfaced and addressed in a very genuine, transparent way. Overall, great environment to work in. Growing company with real/meaningful mission, room to stretch yourself professionally and grow personally, plus be surrounded by really bright inspiring teammates with similar values.

Cons

Cons are consistent with what would be expected for any start-up environment: rapid growth can outpace organization/operations. Also missing a few key roles that exacerbate some of those growth pains. However these are all known and being actively addressed so for areas that were previously large pain points (ie operations/processes, accountability/organization etc.) I am confident there will be significant improvements over the coming 1-2 quarters

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Career and personal development

Jan 18, 2021 - Marketing Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

15Five is a mission-driven company and puts the people first. I've experienced the greatest growth period of my life thus far, personally and professionally, in large part due to the experiences and people at 15Five. They introduced and encouraged me to learn about my unique strengths and how to apply them, how to be a great manager, how to show up with energetic presence, how to lead with compassion, etc. The skills and mindsetsI learned from 15Five and its leadership team are invaluable life lessons.

Cons

15Five is going through a growth phase and change. This is necessary for the company to continue growing and provides a great opportunity for those who seek work that is high impact.

6. 5.0

Happy people, quality product

Oct 12, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

After some time here, it is not hard to see why people are excited about working for 15Five. There is a sense of support, trust and open communication that pervades the workplace. Part of this is that you are expected to be responsible and trustworthy yourself. Working in this environment will inspire you to become your "best self", and you will have the opportunity to explore what that means to you. At the same time, the product is grounded in science and research and the engineering team is quite strong. Performance does matter, as does work/life balance.

Cons

- There is a lot of opportunity for sharing personal experiences. If you are a very private or shy person, this might be a chance for you to come out of your shell in a supportive setting, or it might make you feel uncomfortable. It is generally voluntary though, and no one will force you to participate. - Do you thrive off of manipulation and power struggles? Is complaining your favorite mode of communication? Do you believe that you have finished growing as a person? If so, you might not like it here.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A truly exceptional place to work

Sep 30, 2020 - Senior Product Manager in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

15Five is one of the most generous, thoughtful, and intentional employers I have ever encountered. From leadership's transparency, to their approach to work-life balance, to the benefits and team-building, 15Five has, better than any company out there, captured what it means to put its employees first. 15Five uses its own software, and it is refreshing to see a company that puts its ideals and philosophies into the product it builds.

Cons

Very few cons specifically related to the company itself. Remote work is not for everyone, and save for locations in Raleigh, NC and NY (and potentially SF again in the future), 15Five is a distributed, remote-first company. Coordination can be hard sometimes and process is slower to adopt. Also, the marketplace is crowded, so it's an uphill battle to success. The team is there, but it needs to execute now.

8. 5.0

A Breath of Fresh Air

Oct 8, 2020 - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

15Five is a company that legitimately cares about their employees. I remember early on in my tenure feeling unsure about how I would fare in my new role, but I quickly learned that management WANTS their employees to succeed. There are of course a lot of overwhelmingly positive aspects to 15Five and its culture (flexible PTO, actually great benefits in addition to equity compensation, fun perks), but the one thing that truly sets 15Five apart is that they make decisions with the best interests of their employees in mind. It sounds like a small thing, but seeing many places where that wasn't the case, it's obvious that that makes a huge difference.

Cons

The culture can tend towards being dogmatic at times and there isn't always the level of objectivity I would like to see. Additionally leadership is not always transparent about equity.

9. 5.0

Sales

Feb 10, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

great leadership, very involved and supportive, career pathing goals, work from home, great health care options.

Cons

I can't think of any to be honest

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great product, huge market, and vision to unlock human potential.

Oct 12, 2020 - Chief Revenue Officer in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company mission and vision are truly inspiring and get me excited to come to work every day. Too many people have terrible managers and 15Five is helping managers all over the world get better at their jobs. This means more people are happy and satisfied at work because they are closer to living up to their full potential. To fulfill that mission, the company has a great product, engaged teammates who are excited and motivated to come to work every day, and a high-integrity leadership team.

Cons

Like many start-ups, 15Five is a place of constant change and crazy ambitious goals. If change is hard for you and/or you have to always hit 100% of your goal to feel like you're winning, then 15Five might not be right for you. You can't be scared to fail when you are trying to change the world!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 109 Reviews