160 Driving Academy Reviews
38% would recommend to a friend
(56 total reviews)
32% approve of CEO
Found 56 of over 57 reviews
Updated Nov 15, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about 160 Driving Academy? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with 160 Driving Academy employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of 160 Driving Academy and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Nov 15, 2023Business Development SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearRochester, MN
Some growth opportunity "Okay-ish" Benefits Great support from upper management
Growth is not limited by your performance. Growth is limited by how many instructors you can keep on staff, which is difficult due to low pay for them. Truck drivers are not the most professional people out there so lots of instructors get fired or leave to make more money. So you can't get students in the door and graduated to get your bonus. There's also a shortage of tests available at the DMV which causes a backup of students who are done with the program but haven't tested yet, which means you don't get your bonus either. When I first started, the base salary seamed alright, but after seeing the amount of work we do, I realized the salary is low compared to other businesses that offer a similar position.
- 4.0Oct 28, 2023InstructorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsChicago, IL
Comparable starting salary; basic benefits
Minimal facilities; exposure to the elements; limited opportunities for advancement.
- 3.0Sep 16, 2023Truck Driver Instructor/Trainer - CDLFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSpartanburg, SC
Good benefits, they work with your schedule if you have appointments, usually get off on time, 1st shift
If there isn't enough students to teach per instructor they will let you go without notice, the Spartanburg, SC location is in a small rented trailer with a portable potty, in the summer there is no shade except for a tent and wooden tables1
- 2.0Oct 19, 2023Branch ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearOrlando, FL
I love helping the students.
Awful general manager who never answer any of my calls or emails. Spoke down on me and my colleagues. Really disappointing experience, I have been in trucking my whole life.
- 1.0Sep 14, 2023InstructorCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Decent pay until you get sent home
Company that supposedly ‘is very supportive’ sends you home without pay if the student to instructor ratio is below limits. Was not informed of this during two interviews before accepting the position. Deceptive hiring practices. I would not have taken the job had I known.1
- 1.0Sep 26, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Bonus money was pretty good.
Leave employees with un clear direction, does not spend the time to clearly reach it's employees and their learning styles. Very reactionary.1
- 5.0Aug 18, 2022Branch ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearBillings, MT
- Fantastic upper management/leadership - Consistent weekly routine / work flow - Active Business owner who is directly involved in the positive progression and success of each Manager - Mon - Fri, 8am - 4:30pm - Never on call - Weekly meetings with regional team - Encouraging leadership development - Freedom to develop your weekly schedules or daily routines - Room for growth with corporate business expansions nationwide - No micromanagement - Quick corporate responses on questions or concerns (maximum of 24 hour wait period)
- Extensive Cold calling, daily - Personally responsible for building leads to fulfill sales - Goals and numbers can be changed by corporate at any time without advance notice - Bonuses can constantly change based off goal requirements - Bonuses can take 5 - 12 weeks before paid, and are based on the success of each enrollment - Brand new location (first location in MT), low public awareness - Enrollment success is based on your ability to close enrollments, and recruit - Some days can be busy, other days can leave a lot of open window time to keep yourself occupied - Independently at branch with no additional associates in office - When it snows, it snows..... (Classroom will always remain open, but this can cause student course completion delays due to yard closures from weather)
160 Driving Academy Reviews FAQs
160 Driving Academy has an overall rating of 2.7 out of 5, based on over 57 reviews left anonymously by employees. 38% of employees would recommend working at 160 Driving Academy to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.
38% of 160 Driving Academy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated 160 Driving Academy 2.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.5 for culture and values and 2.4 for career opportunities.