Cover image for PetMeds

76% Recommend to a Friend
90% Approve of CEO

Found 42 of over 42 reviews

4.1
PetMeds CEO and President  Matt Hulett (no image)
Matt Hulett

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "There is a level of respect among management and employees.(in 3 reviews)
  • "The benefits are good quality.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Good company

Oct 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful team members and remote work is available, management seems to care.

Cons

None I can think of

VP of People Operations

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are a happy employee!!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Low pay, large amount of information to remember

Oct 31, 2022 - Call Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay check, remote work, and check cashes

Cons

Low pay with lots of stuff to remember that also changes every week about. No consistency, started job was worth pay now has escalated to a retention position but pay remains the same. Equipment is beyond old, managers are mostly very petty. If you do a good job you will be monitored so they can train people that shouldn’t be working as a CSR. The live tapping causes call issues they really don’t care about. Makes an hour feel like 4 hours on the phone. Lowest call follow up time I have ever experienced in the industry. You will have to go away from desk if you want to take a drink of water. Endless emails of new procedures and the 1-2 things you did wrong. Maybe 1 email every 2 weeks what you did right. Went in after 2 years working remote got dirty looks from half my coworkers and managers. If you are a doormat of a person they will love you. Otherwise look to be shaken down for hours and more work. Now taking calls while doing emails and double chat while getting paid under 16 hr. The disrespect was dropped off from entry level employees to just managers now. Endless coupons our customers can’t keep track of. Just like every other online pharmacy now only difference is coupon exclusions and exceptions this company makes. Every piece of info’s in a different section of the system they use. Navigation is difficult and after a long day is beyond frustrating. Work/Life balance it’s all about work. Life thats your problem. Better pay would make a better trade off. I spent time off researching stuff because I didn’t have time at work and no information from the company. Basically when you go home you have homework.

VP of People Operations

Hello, Thank you for your comments. We are currently in the process of upgrading old equipment and streamlining processes. PetMeds is in the process of transforming into a growth business. We understand that there are aches and pains during this process. I will definitely take your feedback forward. If you feel comfortable, please reach out to us directly. We might be a majority remote organization but our virtual door is always open. Thank you.

3. Join the PetMeds team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0

Burnt Out

Oct 20, 2022 - Team Leader in Delray Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people. The front line staff. The Managers. The Directors.

Cons

A lazy executive leadership team who come and go as they please. These executives have been with the company for less than 12 months and continuously take vacations for weeks at a time while getting paid hefty salaries loaded with sign-on bonuses and large stock packages. What exactly have you all accomplished besides killing our culture? People are leaving PetMeds left and right. The culture WE built is completely dead. Poor communication from the Executive Leadership team. Unmotivated staff. Low salaries. Stifled growth. Rapid Employee turnover. A workplace that leaves you burnt out!!

2 people found this review helpful

VP of People Operations

This is Matt Hulett, CEO of PetMeds. I wanted to personally acknowledge your comments. I will lead with; turnarounds are never easy. It has been my experience over the last 30 years that change brings out feelings of anxiety and anger. It is similar to the process of grief, and I get that it’s hard. Leading by empowerment, transparency and passion is my style. I’m not perfect, nor do I claim to be. About a year ago, our Glassdoor rating was at a grade of 2 and now it is 4+. I am proud of my team, the leadership team, line managers and all employees for evolving EVEN more. We have all worked together to improve on a great foundation that was built before us. We have increased compensation across EVERY position in the organization as an immediate response to inflation. We implemented a parental leave plan for both Moms and Dads equally because we want to make sure our employees can take the time they need to bond with their new family members. We reduced the cost of benefits substantially so that our employees could put more money back into their pockets. This list goes on and on. If you would like to meet with me privately, I would welcome the opportunity to do so. I think you know where to find me. -Matt

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Aug 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

People in call center really care for pets

Cons

Outdated company, everything is old

VP of People Operations

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently in the process of transforming so many aspects of PetMeds. Thank you for the positive comments on the call center.

6. 3.0

Aug 8, 2022 - Senior Pharmacy Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stepping stone for the next opportunity

Cons

Poor management . Lack of leadership . Stressful

VP of People Operations

Hi. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your honesty and will look into your comments.

7. 5.0

Great staff

Jun 30, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people you get to work with are very down to earth and very helpful The resources are pretty good and easy to understand Steady job, good expectations

Cons

Being on the phones for hours straight can be tedious at times. Can get tiring. Customers can be difficult sometimes

VP of People Operations

Hi, Thanks for expressing how you feel. We are so happy that you enjoy the people you work with. One of our Core Values is "Balance Work With Fun" whereby we encourage "fur breaks." Step away from your desk from time-to-time and snuggle with your fur baby if you have one. Thank you for being on the front lines of the PetMeds organization. You put the "care" in Customer Care!!!!

8. 5.0

REVIEW

Jun 29, 2022 - Pharmacy
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Company, courteous, knowledgable staff

Cons

No cons as of this review

VP of People Operations

Hi, Thank you so much for leaving a review. We value everyone's voice. Have a great day! Thank you.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome team

Jul 6, 2022 - Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

PetMeds was a wonderful place to work due to the friendly people and teams.

Cons

The work is very fast pace and the turnaround goal is very high

VP of People Operations

Hi, Thank you so much for the great feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts. Thank you!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Feb 10, 2022 - Pharmacy in Delray Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for 5 years. in that time I have been treated with nothing but respect. I've worked hard, and have been rewarded with advancement opportunities. The growth we will experience in the coming years as me excited for what other opportunities lie around the corner. I've worked a lot of places in my years, this is by far one of the best companies I have worked for.

Cons

I haven't had many bad experiences working here.

1 person found this review helpful

VP of People Operations

YAY! It makes us purrrrrrrrr when our employees are happy! :-) Thank you for your service. We appreciate you.

11. 5.0

GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!!

Feb 9, 2022 - Pharmacy Technician in West Palm Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Meet some amazing people! Management truly cares about their staff Room for growth within the company Everyone works as a team

Cons

I have no cons about this company at this time!!

VP of People Operations

Hi, Thank you for your comments. We love that you are paws-i-tively happy!! Keep up the amazing work... We are happy you are here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Reviews
</>Embed

PetMeds Reviews FAQs

PetMeds has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 42 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at PetMeds to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, PetMeds employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at PetMeds. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

76% of PetMeds employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PetMeds 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at PetMeds to be career development, culture, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with PetMeds Job Seekers