1NW Contact Reviews | Glassdoor

Leonard M. Linton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "1NW"

I worked at 1NW Contact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Work from home

Cons

Correct pay is questionable

2. "customer service - outbound"

Former Employee - Outcall Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Outcall Sales Agent

Pros

Work from home with very flexible hours and decent pay. The application process was easily and the main qualifications where customer service skills and know of basic computer functions.

Cons

The client list that where on campaigns I worked on with other agent where outdated. The autodailer called clients that where not interested, never requested information, wrong number etc. Which made it difficult to reach the required daily quote.

Advice to Management

Management was very helpful and supportive. There was great lines of communication and willing to retrain agent if needed as well as notify clients of new positions and campaigns.

3. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Good part was working from home, training was easy, my trainer was very organized and would send all the paperwork for us to have as a cheat sheet

Cons

Management was unorganized, the math on getting the hours you worked we're confusing. When call volume goes down they tell you to take a break, but it becomes too many short breaks.

"1NW CONTACT REVIEW"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Pros

pay was always on time

Cons

extremely difficult job because of the trickery used to get a job seekers attention to consider going to school. I will say this is the industry standard but it is a very difficult job and in glad I had the opportunity to experience the rejections because it made me a better lead generation specialist.

"Things aren't always as they seem."

Former Employee - Telemarketer
    Former Employee - Telemarketer

I worked at 1NW Contact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at home. They are not very organized and have a speedy turn over with management, so if your the type that likes to miss days, come in late, and other irresponsible behaviors, those things seem to be overlooked quite often from what I witnessed largely due to the fact that their is a large turn over in agents since the work criteria isn't spelled out correctly during hiring process so they tend to hang on to those willing to stay no matter what your work ethics are.

Cons

They tell you that you are contacting people that have requested certain educational information, 99% of these people didn't or didn't realize they were requesting information so they are frustrated and or down right mad at you for contacting them and as they very well should be, leery of how you obtained their information. I never felt I was being paid the full amount I should have been, e.g. after subtracting an hour lunch and one 15 min break each day, you are working 33hrs and 45 min. keeping in mind you are self contracted with 1NW, there are no taxes taken from your pay so roughly I should have been making 338 dollars a week. My checks were never more than 150 a week. They tell you well, your putting your phone on not ready through the day so I thought maybe I wasn't realizing how many bathroom breaks I had been taking so I waited until the next Monday and detailed every second of any time I spent on "not ready" , simple and sweet, they were not paying me what I should have been making. They tell you there is room for advancement, we were getting a new manager every other month so I felt that advancing was near impossible seeing how you can't possibly get to know your manager nor they know you, to suggest any promotions. Not to mention, one manager stated in a team huddle that her bosses didn't know us, they just knew our usernames.

"Really nice Staff"

Pros

pay on time every time and the jobs are pretty good when your done with training

Cons

only understandable con is waiting a few weeks for a check but i think its just to see who is serious about the job

"Working here can be stressful at times"

Current Employee - Lead Generator
    Current Employee - Lead Generator

Pros

You get paid weekly and you can always get extra hours.I currently do lead generator for Medicare and I've been working there since August 2014 and I'm currently still there.

Cons

The cycle as they call it I can do without. Even though they give you hours they cycle you so much that you need the extra hours sometimes and if it felt more like an independent contractor and that an employee without the benefits it would be a better company I currently do lead generator for Medicare and I've been working there since August 2014 and I'm currently still there.

Advice to Management

Advise the management stop running the company like we are employees and more like independent contractors that we are.

8. "Great company and supervisors"

Former Employee - Admissions Advisor
    Former Employee - Admissions Advisor

I worked at 1NW Contact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked here for almost a year but had to stop due to a family emergency. My trainer was a blast, informative and funny. I like the fact that training is short compared to other work at home companies I have worked for.

Cons

I wish they offered direct deposit.

Advice to Management

I think management is great, training is quick, supervisors are helpful.

"1NW was a mediocre company to work with!"

Former Employee - College Search Adviser in San Jacinto, CA
    Former Employee - College Search Adviser in San Jacinto, CA

I worked at 1NW Contact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work from the comfort of your own home. You get paid weekly. The training is pretty good. They have the support to help you do the job with ease.

Cons

No pays raises or bonuses. Expect to be paid the same amount for your entire stay at the company. You will, however, have an opportunity to make more money if you apply yourself to become a supervisor.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people (your agents) that make you your money. If any of them feel as though they are being under paid, at least give them a review. There was no solid review process to make more money.
    It's never good to pay everyone, unless promoted to supervisor, the same amount with no chance of a raise. Bonuses and pay raise reviews are in need for those agents that do above and beyond services for you.

10. "At Home Agent"

Current Employee - At Home Agent
    Current Employee - At Home Agent

I have been working at 1NW Contact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great job just love it, I have read all the reviews from agents who are no longer here, or maybe they are still here who knows and I find this all to funny. First before you even get started in the interview process as you complete your application all the facts are upfront. Second during the process we are advised of what is needed and expected as well as the pay, we have the option to keep moving or just stop and look elsewhere, for those who claim all this crap on pay, I have one question , can you read?

Cons

None so far, I do agree direct deposit would be nice, however as an adult I have learned to budget.

Advice to Management

Direct Depsoit