1SEO.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2019

Found 103 reviews

4.3
Lance Bachmann
Pros
  • "The company also does a great job of taking care of employees with industry trainings, completely covered health benefits, and a fully stocked kitchen(in 11 reviews)

• "You will learn so much about digital marketing(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "I didn't experience anything bad or negative when working at 1SEO(in 11 reviews)

• "The pay is below industry standard and sometimes the work environment can get tense, leading to gossip and negative attitudes that affect productivity(in 4 reviews)

1. "If you’re in the industry or looking to get in the industry, you can make a career here."

Current Employee - Web Developer in Bristol, PA

I have been working at 1SEO.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company’s growth culture is big, and emloyees are encouraged to grow with the company. Giving employees the opportunity to grow with the company keeps the work we produce relevant and competitive in the marketing space. They also cater lunch on Mondays and Fridays, very big on food.

Cons

It’s a very fast paced environment and there’s never a workload shortage, but if you can handle the pace and are passionate about the work you’ll go far.

Advice to Management

Don’t lose track of the close knit culture that helped build the company.

1SEO.com2019-05-19

May 20, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Dear Current Employee - Web Developer, As part of the fabric that built 1SEO: our culture and our promise to our clients to always deliver, are the foundation upon which the company was built. We are glad that our team is helping to build our client's success and in turn, their ...

"Great company"

Current Employee - Content Writer

I have been working at 1SEO.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunities for growth in an expanding company and industry Thorough on-the-job training for entry-level positions (e.g. people right out of college) You're kept busy but not stressed as long as you manage your time Fun, generally laid-back atmosphere

Cons

Entry level salary might be lower than you'd like, but you do get free meals Work in content can be repetitive (writing for so many HVAC and plumbing companies can make it difficult to keep the writing fresh), though the department is always branching out into new types of content so it's rarely boring

Advice to Management

keep up the good work, keep expanding, experimenting, and growing

1SEO.com2019-05-16

May 20, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Dear Current Employee - Content Writer, Thank you for providing honest feedback. We a re glad you are enjoying the environment & culture here @ 1SEO!

"Working At 1SEO"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager

I have been working at 1SEO.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined 1SEO right out of college, and it has taught me more about marketing in a few months than any classroom ever has. This is a great place to work if you are looking for a place to get fully immersed in digital marketing, quickly take on responsibility, and be a part of a team. Since 1SEO helps business market to their products and services, it provides a unique blend of B2B and B2C experiences. The environment...

Cons

If you are someone that would not like a fast-paced job, this may not be the best place for you.

1SEO.com2019-05-16

May 20, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Dear Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager, We appreciate the kind words that your experience at 1SEO is providing to you. We wish you nothing but continued success as you continue to grow your career at 1SEO.

"First job? Work here. Have experience? Run for the hills."

Former Employee - Web Developer in Bristol, PA

I worked at 1SEO.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Trial by fire, great experience. - Work in whatever stack you want (they don't even know what a stack is) - Don't worry about pesky version controlling - No strict coding standards (none at all - make them up!) - Great insurance - Free Snacks - Nice clean office

Cons

- Working in WordPress - No peer review - Their code base is filled with SQL injection vulnerabilities - Low pay (good for first job if you have no experience) - Long hours (This could be avoided by hiring a developer to manage the developers and hiring project managers to manage projects) - Stressful environment (this is all agencies so not really a con of 1seo but of the industry in general)

Advice to Management

Use asana to manage your projects, seriously you can't use basecamp for development work. Put your codebase in private github repos, adopt standards and review each other work to check for bugs. You're really not TOO far from doing things the correct way but you create 100000% more work by not following agile methodologies.

1SEO.com2019-05-24

"Great Place To Work At & Great Leadership"

Former Employee - Head Project Manager in Bristol, PA

I worked at 1SEO.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Great environment: Always had fun & Loved the Coworkers and Management 2. Great leadership: Lance was very helpful and genuinely cares 3. You will learn so much about digital marketing 4. Great Perks- Bonuses, Trips, Sports Events, Dinners, Parties, etc.. 5. Being part of an industry leading company 6. Room for advancement in the company

Cons

None that I can think of, I'd had great experiences there and it set me up to start my own company. No Cons!

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for greatness

1SEO.com2019-04-08

May 20, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Dear Former Employee - Head Project Manager, Thank you for providing your feedback and we are glad that you are succeeding in everything you do!

6. "Working at 1SEO"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Bristol, PA

I worked at 1SEO.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people , really interactive company, they care about their employees.

Cons

Don't have any bad thing to say really about the company, its great.

1SEO.com2019-04-07

May 20, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Dear Former Employee - Graphic Designer, Thanks for providing your feedback & we are glad you had a good experience!

"Love my place of employment 1SEO"

I have been working at 1SEO.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing company. Very interesting industry. Lots of employee perks. Enjoy my co-workers.

Cons

Fast paced industry but I prefer that.

1SEO.com2019-03-19

April 8, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Dear Current Employee - Anonymous Employee, Thanks for the review & we are glad that you are enjoying your career at 1SEO!

"Great company to work!"

Former Employee - Content Writer

I worked at 1SEO.com part-time

Pros

They work hard to train their employees so we could do the best job possible for our clients. In return, they gave us a fun atmosphere to work and the benefits were great! I have referred friends over the years to apply for a job at 1SEO.

Cons

I didn't experience anything bad or negative when working at 1SEO.

1SEO.com2019-03-12

April 8, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Dear Former Employee - Content Writer, We not only appreciate the review but also that you have referred your friends to join our team!

"The worst place you can work at."

Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Bristol, PA

I worked at 1SEO.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice desks for comfortable slavery.

Cons

Lance Bachmann is a liar and will tell people nothing but lies and never live up to it. Working here is employment slavery. No over time no legit sick time just a horrible place run by criminals.

Advice to Management

Stop being a Ponzi scheme and lying to your employees.

1SEO.com2019-03-07
    • "Great company to build your career at!"

Current Employee - Web Developer

I have been working at 1SEO.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with 1SEO for several years now. It has become a second home to me, and I consider it to be my extended family. 1SEO is a place where you can go not just to have a job, but a career. The work is challenging, full of peaks and valleys - but I have seen the company shine through and come out on top every single time. As any growing company we are learning and always making changes to get better. It has been...

Cons

It is a stressful field and with deadlines and it's definitely not a "9 to 5" job. Your heart has to be in it. But days go by so quick, I can't remember the last time I was bored or looked at the time and it wasn't way over what I thought it would be. It's all worth it when you know you're part of something bigger, such as our client's success and what it does for their business and families.

Advice to Management

Thank you for everything you do!

1SEO.com2019-01-27

January 28, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Dear Current Employee - Web Developer, Thank you for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide accurate details of what it's truly like to be a part of 1SEO.com and we are glad to have you as part of the team as we continue to grow and succeed in providing our ...

Found 103 reviews