1st Financial Bank USA Reviews

Updated Feb 24, 2021

3.5
1st Financial Bank USA Chairman   Al Hegyi  (no image)
Al Hegyi
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great Company! Challenging, Supportive and Family Friendly!

Jan 4, 2021 - Director in Dakota Dunes, SD
    Business Outlook

Pros

After spending early part of my career with a Fortune 100 company and experiencing the "just a number" mentality, it has been refreshing to spend the later part of my career working for an employer who allows for full use of my skill sets as well as challenges and supports development of new skills! My coworkers are like family and the balance between work and home has been great! Our CEO is focused on the health and well being of his employees and has gone above and beyond in response to the global pandemic.

Cons

As with any smaller company with fewer resources, we still have many tasks and goals to achieve, which at times can be stressful, but it is a good stress with feelings of accomplishment when completed.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good support during covid and Christmas

Dec 21, 2020 - Collections
    Business Outlook

Pros

Made good changes once covid began to help everyone feel safe. Safety has been a priority for them and I like how they handled everything so far. They also rewarded everyone at Christmas so you know your appreciated.

Cons

Office could be updated more modern

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work, poor work life balance

Feb 2, 2021 - Senior Analyst in Sioux City, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Privately own, owner cares about employees. Lots of work to accomplish

Cons

A lot of of work for skeleton crew. Poor work life balance. Same excuse every year for the same yearly raise percentage.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

High stress, dirty workplace, decent pay.

Jan 24, 2021 - Collections Representative in Sioux Falls, SD
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Pay is decent, they play games to get you off the phones and you can win money pretty often -Bonus can be good if you meet requirements which are kind of strict -Management is pretty cool for the most part

Cons

-Coworkers clipping their nails, sneezing, coughing in close quarters. Nail clipping is a major issue that management failed to address the entire time I worked there. -Job is very repititive and mind numbing. Leaving messages all day and stuck on the dialer for most of the day. -Absolutely no room for growth.

5. 4.0

Employment Review

Oct 26, 2020 - Customer Service Specialist in North Sioux City, SD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since I started my career at 1st Financial Bank USA in 1997, there have been many life-changing events, from a birth to a passing, from school shootings to 9-11, from natural disasters like flooding to man-made disasters like recession. In that time of conflict and uncertainty, I have always felt secure, respected and supported by my employer. I have profound respect and admiration for 1FBUSA for allowing me to raise my family with that support.

Cons

I have nothing to share at this time.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

1st financial bank is a good to place to work..very work friendly with co workers and manangement

Oct 21, 2020 - Collections Specialist in Sioux Falls, SD
    Business Outlook

Pros

the reason I work I here I liked the causal atmosphere and good benefits with the company

Cons

I really have no con's to provide at this time

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Leaders With Integrity

Oct 16, 2020 - Employee in Dakota Dunes, SD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership believes in supporting the individual and their growth/development; competitive compensation; great benefits; unique employee engagement strategies.

Cons

No formal strategies around mentoring, coaching, DEI or personal development.

8. 4.0

Caring Employer

Oct 12, 2020 - Security Services Specialist in Dakota Dunes, SD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Safe and clean environment. Casual Dress. Good Insurance, HSA and Vacation Benefits. Close to work. Affordable housing. Matching 401k. Spiffs for attendance. Monthly lunch for employees. People that really do care about employees and customers.

Cons

Very busy environment. Could always use more staff.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to learn -- do a lot with very little

Jun 22, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to learn , learn new things forced to pick up pace and do what it takes to get the job done. Flexibility , pretty flat management. No lay off during recessionary times. -- Stable place to work.

Cons

Some people take advantage of the flexible hours, and ability to work from home, to the point where its being abused. management turns a blind eye to it. seen a person showing up only 60% of the time. Pay increase only keeps up with the inflation at lower levels. No bonuses or incentives. no formal training , expected to learn on our own.

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Risk Chargeback Advisor

Nov 1, 2016 - Risk Chargeback Advisor in Wilmington, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

First USA has been brought out by MBNA

Cons

The biggest downside is they merged

2 people found this review helpful