1stdibs.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 137 reviews

4.2
1stdibs.com CEO David Rosenblatt
David Rosenblatt
Pros
  • "1stdibs operates in a luxury niche and is rapidly expanding(in 24 reviews)

• "Beautiful office, strong community (lots of affinity groups), challenging work, great leadership(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you work at 1stdibs try to be an engineer(in 14 reviews)

• "Having access to work at any time can mean your work-life balance is affected(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Concierge Support Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at 1stdibs.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

amazing company, great people, lots of perks.

Cons

None this is a great company to work for.

1stdibs.com2019-08-19
  2. "Run for the hills"

I worked at 1stdibs.com full-time

Pros

- Office is in a great location - Always free food around, free weekly catered lunch - Friendly colleagues - Free alcohol/bar area to unwind - Beautiful office

Cons

To those of you considering whether or not to apply to an open position at or accept a job offer from 1stdibs, I would strongly urge you to consider/ask about the following: Consider the inflated rating 1stdibs has on this site. This is largely due to the number of 5-star reviews given by employees that have been at the company for less than a year. The reason for so many of these reviews? HR makes leaving a Glassdoor...

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and ears to what your employees are saying. Most everyone who still works there is dead inside and would happily jump ship if a suitable opportunity came along. Like others have said in their reviews, the only people who are happy are engineers.

1stdibs.com2019-08-20

"A Great Team to Work With"

Former Employee - Senior Java Developer in New York, NY

I worked at 1stdibs.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The BE team is run by dedicated, intelligent, and talented developers. If you leave 1stdibs, you'll almost certainly be a better developer than when you started. The senior developer core has worked together for quite some time, which can be hard to find in the field. FE is well-run and does a good job integrating with BE. DB and Sysops teams know their domains really well and are quick to support teams whenever...

Cons

Lapses in cross-team communication can result in duplicated work sometimes. 1stdibs is very generous about allowing a developer who moves away to continue to work for them, but it feels like they're just running out the clock until the developer finds a new job. This is only a "Con" if you don't intend to live in the area long-term.

Advice to Management

Continue to incentivize employees to stick around, especially outside of the Engineering team. Try not to lose the "soul" of the company as it continues to grow larger and larger.

1stdibs.com2019-06-26

"Love working here!"

Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator

I have been working at 1stdibs.com full-time

Pros

Great company culture with plenty of supportive employees

Cons

No cons so far! Definitely would recommend working here

1stdibs.com2019-06-28
  5. "Pretty Good"

Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at 1stdibs.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Building, location, snacks, friendly people, health benefits, opportunity for growth, tech jobs, marketing jobs, young people, parties

Cons

Hourly, work on holidays, work hours are different from most people, not great work life balance, must talk on phone with clients, must work at company for a year before internal job move

Advice to Management

Better work life balance, better hours, no work on holidays, help people make internal job moves instead of hiring outsiders, give everyone salaries

1stdibs.com2019-07-04

"fast paced, exciting and growing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at 1stdibs.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

THE PEOPLE - I really like everyone I work with and its clear everyone wants to help and support each other. Opportunity - I have grown in my role and been able to make an impact from starting in a more junior role.

Cons

I have seen other reviews about management and change in direction - I haven't seen any bad management. There is a lot of ambiguity and pace here as we are trying new things and growing quickly. This is pretty normal in growing companies, this is something I have been used to and I think the business is handling it really well.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Share more around the strategic initiatives so that everyone has more insight into what is happening

1stdibs.com2019-06-04

"Apply only if you like alcohol"

Former Employee - Programmer in New York, NY

I worked at 1stdibs.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food at the office

Cons

Alcohol culture Meetings hell Always doing artificial stuff to impress stakeholders Impossible to do an impact, seniors afraid of changes

1stdibs.com2019-07-06

"Startup without any of the benefits"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at 1stdibs.com full-time

Pros

Nice people, catered lunch 1x week

Cons

Extremely poorly run management, minimal growth, no raises

1stdibs.com2019-04-06

"great colleagues, poorly run management"

I worked at 1stdibs.com full-time

Pros

fun office, travel, great industry, fun people

Cons

bad managers, lots of changes in direction without strategy or long term thought

1stdibs.com2019-02-27

"Beware the Trade Department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at 1stdibs.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers Amazing office in a great location Bar in office and weekly catered lunches

Cons

The Trade department is so poorly managed. Management has instilled a culture of fear among all its employees. Since the company values "saying it with data" the upmost attention to the sales reps who have impossible quotas to fulfill and therefore do not care about protocol or the other departments they work with to get their sales done. They think about a big idea and do not even test it or think about the consequences...

Advice to Management

Stop making huge changes just because you think it'll make you more money. Without a well thought out plan and time to transition clients from one new idea to another, everyone is miserable.

1stdibs.com2019-02-12