2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 59 reviews

4.2
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty CEO Scott Cromie
Scott Cromie
Pros
  • "2-10 has monthly "fun Friday's" that are a great way to connect with team members(in 13 reviews)

• "I have been asked a lot lately why I have worked for 2-10 HBW for so long and my answer is always the same, the people(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "This company expects their employees to come to work as scheduled and do the job they were hired for(in 3 reviews)

• "no cons just more support on floor(in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Long Live Happy Homes ... and Employees!"

Current Employee - A Tenured Employee in Aurora, CO

I have been working at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A company that provides the necessary tools in order to learn and develop professionally and personally. A beautiful newly, renovated facility with an onsite gym, food options available for purchase, areas to focus and collaborate with your team away from the traditional workspace, comfortable places to share lunch with colleagues and play a little ping pong, or even to just sit in peace and quiet during breaks.... Leadership across the company willing to support and mentor employees, no matter what level of an employee you are. An intelligent and caring CEO who maintains an open-door policy, who is regularly seen walking throughout the building chatting with employees, asking about their day or obtaining their opinions on how to grow the business together, as a team. There are weekly food trucks onsite and monthly fun engagement activities. If you want to work for a company that cares about its employees, offers competitive salaries and benefits, provides a refreshing work environment, and ensures a work-life balance then, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is where you want to be!

Cons

There are no cons. This company expects their employees to come to work as scheduled and do the job they were hired for. We work hard ... and play hard, when it's the proper time to do such!

Advice to Management

Continue to acknowledge and recognize employees for their hard work and dedication.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty2019-01-14

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Response

March 4, 2019Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback and the information around what is working well. We love to hear how your experience has been with the company and what we should continue to focus on as an organization.

2. "Great Place!"

I have been working at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Daily exposure to leadership, to include the CEO who is frequently seen walking around the building conversing with employees - Fantastic, modern office environment - Great growth potential, the sky is the limit to what you want to accomplish here - Fun Fridays, frequent free lunches, free doughnuts and fresh fruit every Friday - Outstanding benefits package

Cons

- Lack of process and direction for many departments (this is aggressively being worked on)

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty2019-05-10
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Outside sales opportunity"

Former Employee - Risk Management Specialist

I worked at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Ability to make a great salary with bonus and commission.

Cons

Tens to micro manage, change focus too quickly.

Advice to Management

Determine product value and stick to one course of action to support it.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty2019-07-08
  5. "Sales Posotion"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Aurora, CO

I have been working at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, RTD Eco Pass, Lots of Free Food. Warm-ish leads.

Cons

It’s a grind. Not hard, but a grind. Warm leads, but feel cold at times.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty2019-05-23
  6. "Horrible management"

Former Employee - Senior Claims Representative II in Aurora, CO

I worked at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits free donuts on Fridays. They do things to help make it a more fun environment to work in. Close to public transit.

Cons

They have horrible management. When asking a question you will get a different answer from every manager you talk to causing conflict and confusion. They say there are opportunities for advancement, but only if your willing to play their office politics.

Advice to Management

Cohesive information being provided from all management, more positive reinforcement.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty2019-05-11
  7. "Not the best company I have worked for"

Former Employee - Purchasing Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits and 401k matching was nice

Cons

Pay was a big one with how much it costs to live in Colorado

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty2019-05-29

"Terrible company"

Former Employee - Builder Underwriting in Aurora, CO

I worked at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are ok, 401k match is nice

Cons

The pay, environment, management, you'll only advance if you're friends with management

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people who have no business being supervisors and managers. Start paying people a competitive wage for the state. You're losing good employees over terrible ones you refuse to terminate.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty2019-05-24
  9. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty full-time

Pros

2-10 is a great place to work, and truly supports the professional growth of its employees. There is a lot of work to be done as a part of this expanding business, so there's no shortage of diverse tasks to keep the day-to-day interesting. That being said, there is a strong family-focus with an emphasis on work-life balance. Really a great culture all around.

Cons

The online reputation of the company does not reflect the focus of the company and hard work of the employees to satisfy customers and provide the service that is promised, which can be somewhat frustrating, at times.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty2019-04-08
  10. "Claims"

I have been working at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty full-time

Pros

good place to work for

Cons

work on better pay for employees

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty2019-04-01
  11. "Strong momentum in 2019"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Aurora, CO

I have been working at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Leadership cares about their employee's success and has recently rolled out new training for our team. Received recognition for my strong performance in 2018 with both a recognition trip and a raise! Very happy with the company and the people I get to work with every day. Our team is making great progress so far in 2019.

Cons

Technology is an opportunity for improvement - the IT team is working to bring us better technology.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great employee engagement activities and encouraging us to be successful.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty2019-03-09