2 Brothers Moving & Delivery Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 9, 2019

4.0
Adam Sweet

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Inclusive Family Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Crew Leader in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Crew Leader in Portland, OR

I have been working at 2 Brothers Moving & Delivery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful place to work with a team that cares about each individual person no matter where they are in the company. Everyone has the ability to enact change within the company and that helps create a really inclusive culture among the team.

Cons

Sometimes people complain about the work being hard, but for the most part everyone is extremely supportive and positive.

2. "A Great Culture & A Place to Grow"

Former Employee - Client Service Coordinator in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Client Service Coordinator in Portland, OR

I worked at 2 Brothers Moving & Delivery full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Great opportunities for growth - the company really goes as far as it can to foster personal and professional growth in their people.
    *2 Brothers is a great place to be given an opportunity to develop real, high-level professional skills. All of the senior management while I was there started as a mover. I myself started as a mover and by the time I left I was qualified to do office management, strategy development, P&L audits, and more. If you're driven you can go far.
    *Employee driven decision making
    *Pay and benefits
    *Onsite gym
    Family atmosphere ( I am still good friends with many of my former coworkers)

Cons

Some of the days as a mover can be long and physically challenging
    Most of the customers rarely move, and they're typically under stressful circumstances which can sometimes make things difficult

Advice to Management

Keep growing and developing employees. It may be a good idea to look at making an "official" growth program and identify skills that new, entry level employees, want to develop in their time at 2 Brothers. It's already in the companies DNA, but making the process more standardized may lead to better growth from employees who may not know how to explicitly ask for more opportunity and knowledge.

"Over worked/under paid and definitely not appreciated"

Former Employee - Mover in Portland, OR

I worked at 2 Brothers Moving & Delivery full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None?? Normalish working hours I guess.

Cons

You’ll ruin your body busting your back for a couple of multi-millionaires that can’t even give you a 401k match of any kind. All they care about is if you had an “athletic” background so that they know you’re physically capable of being their pawns.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees if you want retention. There’s a reason your competitors are wiping the floor with you ever since your “benchmark” year(s).

Stop living in the past and hemming and hawing over the golden years that you took advantage of your employees and made record profits.

2 Brothers Moving & Delivery Response

Jan 28, 2019 – CEO

If these multi-millions are in the form of high fives you caught me red handed (pun intended). There isn’t “a couple” of us though, as everyone who’s worked at 2 Bros knows my brother left the... More

4. "Great place to learn real world skills under excellent management"

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at 2 Brothers Moving & Delivery (More than a year)

Pros

The owner of the company has created a great business with a very fun company culture. Most of the guys/gals are educated, fun, positive people to work with and the management is willing to teach if you're willing to learn. I probably learned more about leadership, logistics, and planning in my two years there than I did in my four years in the military.

Cons

Moving is hard work, and for most people, it has an expiration date. This means that good people will come and go quite often. You never know what time you will get off work because that is simply the nature of the moving business, which can complicate a work/life balance. There are one or two bad apples that still work there that I have personally heard using racial slurs as well as having a toxic ego problem - just avoid those people when possible because they don't seem to be going anywhere for some reason.

5. "Different kind of moving company"

Current Employee - Crew Lead in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Crew Lead in Portland, OR

I have been working at 2 Brothers Moving & Delivery (More than a year)

Pros

Flat management hierarchy. If you have an idea on how to do something better, management is available and wants to hear it. Great coworkers -- sense of community and easy place to make new friends. Free gym membership; soon to be full gym on-site with free personal training. Focus on innovation and data driven decisions to help make schedules that accommodate everyone. If you are capable and want to take on more responsibility in sales, customer service, leadership, recruiting, long distance jobs or operations you will be encouraged to do so

Cons

Sometimes there can be long days but it's rare and if it happens the operations team will either send help to the job or make sure the rest of your work week is shorter. It's hard work and can be physical and mentally exhausting but there's always a sense of pride and accomplishment at the end of the day

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on our core values of community and innovations to make 2Brothers a great place to work and let that carry over into our customer experience to help grow the business

6. "Best summer job"

I worked at 2 Brothers Moving & Delivery full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free gym membership and good tip money. Some of my favorite people to ever work with. Management listens and keeps movers involved. Stay in shape while making money!

Cons

Sometimes long days back to back can beat you down

Advice to Management

Keep listening to movers

7. "Good Summer Job"

Former Employee - Summe Mover
    Former Employee - Summe Mover

I worked at 2 Brothers Moving & Delivery full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a great company culture that is perfect for any dude looking for summer work. Pay is ok but tips really help.

Cons

You have to be super flexible when it comes to scheduling as you may never work the same 5 days each week.

8. "2 Brothers"

I worked at 2 Brothers Moving & Delivery full-time

Pros

Good Company Culture they keep it light.

Cons

Low Pay. They start you at 12 and claim you will make just under $38000 a year but in the fine print that includes tips, medical benefits, and other "fringe benefits". You make $12 and hour with tips and you can get a $0.50 raise every 3-6 months for the first year.

Turnover is horrible. Out of the entire company maybe 4 have been there over a year. Lots of stoners.

2 Brothers Moving & Delivery Response

May 9, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for sharing what your perception of pay and the environment was like. We're unsure where you heard 38000, hopefully we've already sorted it out since you've been here. Since we tend to be a... More

9. "Good Summer Job"

Former Employee - Summer Moving-crew Member in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Summer Moving-crew Member in Portland, OR

I worked at 2 Brothers Moving & Delivery full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of colleagues. Good boss. Oriented towards team atmosphere. Great tips!

Cons

Very Hard work for $10 an hour. If it weren't supplemented by tips I would be dissatisfied with my pay.

10. "2 Brothers: a synopsis"

Current Employee - Crew Lead Apprentice in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Crew Lead Apprentice in Portland, OR

I have been working at 2 Brothers Moving & Delivery full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work with endless opportunity. Management is very approachable and transparent. The pay is good, as are the hours. Since being hired I've quickly become friends with all of my coworkers. The work place brings a solid balance of personality and professionalism. So far 2 Brothers has been my most favorite work experience.

Cons

You don't what your job is until 7 PM the night before, and sometimes the days are very demanding.