2001 Audio Video Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Frank Annecchini
1 Rating

1. "I'm not sure why some are complaining....?"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at 2001 Audio Video full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive team trying to sell. I wasn't good at commission sales, however the team atmosphere was amazing. I had fun advising, helping customers with their electronics questions. Management knows how to run the business, they've been around for awhile.
    Stores performance may be attributed to supply and demand in the area. Even the owners put their two cents in on selling, it was a bonus that an owner would speak to us. Training was cool, Training happens almost everyday, colleagues shared information or spoke about issues they've had with electronics. Vendors came to demo their new electronics regularly and we had group lunches. I am happy to see 2001 around.. Never a problem with payroll, HR was always accessible when required for questions. It was too bad i didn't excel at sales. I left behind a great group of work colleagues.

Cons

No Cons, have nothing to complain about.

Advice to Management

none, keep up the good work.

2. "Very weird place to work"

I worked at 2001 Audio Video full-time

Pros

Not a lot of supervision from management at the store level other than district managers stopping by from time to time. Good place to learn sales skills.

Cons

Imagine a store from the 70s that hasn't changed since the 70s. Very low pay and no safety standards.

Advice to Management

Pay your salespeople more and you won't lose them as often.

May 22, 2015 – HR Director

A trained and experienced Store Manager or Assistant Manager is always on duty at every location. We do loose many people that are only looking for a "job" but are not interested in becoming a ... More

"It was alright, nothing special but a good culture with future potential"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at 2001 Audio Video full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, good training and learning experience. I enjoyed the time you have to relax when/if store is not busy. You get to meet lots of people and learn all kinds of things as well as network which is great.

Cons

Low pay and employee retention programs/initiatives. I really wished the pay was better since I had a tough time maintaining bills and other payments on low salary.

Advice to Management

Consider new alternatives and new technologies to keep up with trends and obtain higher profit margins to help employees attain better benefits/wages.

5. "Poorly managed, you wear multiple hats while compensation remains the lowest possible."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at 2001 Audio Video full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee purchasing plan.
    Training is barely, but up to par.
    Some schedule flexibility.
    If Sandro is your district manager, your overall experience will be better.

Cons

Generally poor management, management lacks skills, education and experience.
    Many sales people lack respect for each other and this is mainly due to low salaries and poor commission programs.
    Every single employee starts to develop hatred and resent for this company, they stay employed by them and eventually move up to management with poor attitudes towards others.
    Pay structure is terrible, minimum wage bracket and benefits take effect an entire year after employment.

Advice to Management

Stop feeling intimidated to suggest change, and start implementing change with strength and leadership.

May 22, 2015 – HR Director

Only low performing employees earn minimum wage. Many new recruits do better than minimum wage after one or two months of working with the company. If you worked for us for three years and were still ... More

6. "It was good for awhile then got boring"

Pros

if you like routine this is your ticket

Cons

getting away from their own identity and thinking like the box stores now

7. "I was witness to consistent failures by management and they lacked the humility to accept it."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Discounts on some of the products sold.

Cons

You will be forced to work long hours and make only minimum wage without any support.

Advice to Management

The lack of experience and unusually high ego of the owners means any advice offered will not be taken.

May 22, 2015 – HR Director

Only low performing employees earn minimum wage ($22k a year). Our employees work 39 hours a week.

"Retail Salesman - Electornics"

Current Employee - Salesman in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Salesman in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Pros

Allows you to work with technology and talk to a variety of different people.

Cons

Lack of growth in company. The owners are very closed minded with a lack of business and social sense.

Advice to Management

Sell your business and let someone else run it