2020 Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

2020 Companies CEO Steve Peters
Steve Peters
  1. Best Place I've Worked Post-Graduation

I have been working at 2020 Companies full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

2020 is one of about five places I've worked since college, and honestly the best environment of them all. No one in the organization is perfect, but I have seen first-hand over the 8+ years that I've been with them that the leadership truly is focused on taking care of their employees, while also balancing meeting the needs of their client. The type of work we do as a 3PL company is different than a lot of other...

Cons

As mentioned, a large part of the employee base is not at the corporate office. This can make it challenging for some of the front-line employees to really feel connected to the organization. This sometimes causes team members to feel more loyal to the clients we serve rather than 2020 itself. Progress can be made in this area to advertise the value of working for the company and increase employee retention.

2. O.K. place to work.

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at 2020 Companies full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I enjoyed the flexibility of the position.

Cons

There did not seem to be much room for promotion. Did not pay well.

3. Field Sales Manager

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager

I have been working at 2020 Companies for more than a year

Pros

Travel reimbursement, free promo items

Cons

Temporary projects, unstable opportunities for future

4. They overpromise and underdeliver

Current Employee - Alpha Merchandiser

I have been working at 2020 Companies full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The job is fun and challenging

Cons

The work they provide is inconsistent. Management continues to say that the next week will be busy, but jobs do not materialize. Planning a budget when you are unaware of what income will be available is difficult. Management tells you that we will have a full slate of jobs, but when you check on Monday morning you will only see one job. Communication is almost non existent even with scheduled conference calls (many of...

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees. Do not lie. Tell them what is happening and be clear on what is happening. If they won’t have work the following week let them know. That way they can budget and schedule for the inconsistencies.

5. Sinking ship

Current Employee - Syndicated Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at 2020 Companies full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Awesome coworkers and management. District managers are very down to earth and human, always there to help you and very transparent.

Cons

Lost their biggest client so there's no more hours to give despite higher ups telling us to hang in there because new clients and tons of hours incoming (but never happens). In order to get hours we are forced to do hard sales standing in a store pushing home renovations with very little commission while competing with another company pushing the same exact services! Low compensation with no raises. No holiday pay,...

Advice to Management

Cut the cord, end the program. You clearly can't keep clients or get good contracts anymore, you tried and the program doesn't work.

A Great Place to Jump Start your corporate career

Former Employee - Field Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at 2020 Companies full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Excellent Staff- everyone wants to help you succeed and is friendly. Flexibility- Taking time off for family is simple and as long as you put in the work, they will do what they can to accommodate you!

Cons

Pay- Less than you deserve, they have contracts with other companies so that may or may not be completely up to them, but you deserve more.

Advice to Management

More pay for larger territories can help employees invest in the business more. When making the bottom end of the salary range for a field it's difficult to give your all because part of your time is focused on how you can make money elsewhere, whether it's side-gigs, part time work, or trying to network and find a better paying position with a competitor.

Great entry level management position

Former Employee - Field Sales Manager in Missoula, MT

I worked at 2020 Companies full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Compensation and flexible daily schedule.

Cons

You work for 2020 but the client is really in charge, this creates a dynamic were your performance is graded by someone you do not actually work for.

Advice to Management

Be more involved in your employees career. I heard from my Operations Manager 4-5 times over a 2 year span. Don't just throw your employees to the client, who does not have their bet interests in mind.

Disorganized, chaotic, and cheap.

I worked at 2020 Companies

Pros

Management and corporate are so disorganized there's no accountability for poor performance.

Cons

Mileage is paid at half the federal rate, failing to cover costs of gas, vehicle depreciation, and maintenance. Programs don't expand due to poor company performance so upward mobility is severely limited. Expensive health benefits. Long wait for 401k with high requirement for a low match. Management is full of task completers with no leadership ability.

Advice to Management

Be better.

Discrimination towards women in management

Current Employee - Rep in Seattle, WA

I have been working at 2020 Companies full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

My previous DM was wonderful and very supportive. She was also honest and a great motivator.

Cons

2020 only wants men in the position of manager of any type in the field.

Advice to Management

Stop with the practice of only have men in management positions. You took away one of the best managers I've ever had and replaced her with one that doesn't take any time to communicate and of the rare occasion that he does, he's very rude and condescending. You need a balance of both men and WOMEN to ensure that you have a balanced team. Bring back one of the best managers you've let slip thru your fingers!

Not a bad company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

I worked at 2020 Companies full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Fun job working for Samsung. Met lots of nice people.

Cons

I wish they would have put in effort to find another job or contract that i could be on. Sales numbers were #1 in my district for the past 2 quarters and always at the top for almost 5 years and not a single thought was given to placement.

Found 600 reviews