220 Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Trevor Niarchos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A truly great company"

I worked at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best teams I've ever worked with and some of the best management I have worked for, the people at this company are indeed second to none!

Cons

I had a great experience at 220 but if you are not motivated and don't possess a strong work ethic, this job probably isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Sales Rep"

I worked at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO is fun you get time off and alcohol on the job

Cons

Claims to be good for people with no sales experience but that is not the case you have to start hitting your goals ASAP or you will get fired. The training is not good for the goals that are needed.

3. "Marketing Consultant"

I worked at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

220 Marketing has been by far one of the best jobs I've ever had. One for the product that they provide for their customers is truly second to none. Two for the leadership of the organization who work tirelessly to keep you at the Forefront of any new information and changes so that you are well prepared for the questions and situations you will come across in your day-to-day activity. The team and culture at 220 is incredible they have really been able to put together an amazing team of individuals that together form a unit that not only support each other but provide a service to their clientele that is unparalleled in the industry. Everyone knows the organization only Rises to the speed of the leader that is why I know 220 Marketing is on a good path the CEO of the company has an amazing reason why he even started the company and his dedication to his employees is really that of a servant mentality. He not only has worked in the trenches building this from the ground up but he is truly looking for the leadership to take his company to four or five times the size that it is. I wants I will continue to watch closely as this company grows and I am confident that they will achieve and surpass any go they set.

Cons

This job is by no means no means easy but the work that you do and the skills that you learn truly make you better that anything that you do. I don't really have any cons other than potentially offering some part-time sales positions but due to the nature of the industry I understand how that's not possible. 220 Marketing is not a place to work if you have a faint heart and are easily discouraged but for those of you who really want to make a change in your life and grow not only as a person but with a group of people going in the same direction this might be the perfect fit for you. I left for personal reasons I were out of my control put should I have stayed I am confident that I could have mastered what we do there due to the training and support that they have in place.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and really listen to your employees and their suggestions because that's where your next million dollar idea is.

4. "This is a fine company. I use fine and good instead of hyperbole."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good crew, everyone is very welcoming when you're new and answers the dumb new guy questions. They're committed to their customers and help sometimes very difficult clients succeed .

Cons

I'm about twenty years older than most of the staff so communication with some of the younger staff was challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Good company and good product.

5. "Good Digital Marketing Company"

I have been working at 220 Group full-time

Pros

220 Marketing works with a variety of digital marketing topics. I really like that the management gives you training on marketing, including on-going training on the rapid changes in the industry. There is a good environment, with a light but professional atmosphere. People seem willing to help out and be supportive.

Cons

The company is smaller, so at times you will have to take on multiple roles or a lot of work. The company is growing though.

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Advanced Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Advanced Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company cares about your success. If you come up with a great idea, they will do their best to implement it. 220 Marketing is also flexible and if you are not the best fit in a role they can move you to another division to highlight your strengths. The people are cool and management does a good job at motivating + coaching. I have learned a lot about marketing and different industries.

Cons

Coming in at 7, but you get used to it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and bring on A players who can keep 220 great.

"Don't recommend"

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The staff and some of the managers are the only pro about this place and the only reason people stay. This is a good job for the in between but is a dead end place.

Cons

its a marketing company that doesn't even do any marketing for itself. They do not do anything that they tell customers to do. The website looks very old and not mobile responsive like it was built in the 1990. But every month the president promises a new website and new things but nothing never changes. I'm not sure how anything is ever done he is never at the office unless he is yelling at some one or talking about girls.

The pay is very low for living in San Diego. There is a lot of work process for simple things that should be automated. 220 stands for second to none but is not that at all. The benefits are not good only pats 100 a month and we pay the rest. Paychecks are not always paid on right days.

8. "Good Marketing Company to work for with excellent ongoing coaching/training"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is extremely helpful and we all work as a team. We participate in ongoing weekly training to help us grasp concepts and gain knowledge on the industries we market to. The senior management really shows concern and cares about the growth & development of employees that work here. The benefits after 90 days (PTO, holiday pay, health insurance) are excellent. 40 hours provides steady work & consistency in the schedule is very nice.

Cons

The out of the gate expectations are a little high while trying to get used to cold calling and marketing to various industries. The commissions for a rookie (first month) are a little bit low while the work load is heavy.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Management is excellent & extremely helpful. We have all the resources we need to succeed in the positions we are in.

9. "Almost a year in the books"

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming up on my year mark at 220 Marketing, I look back and reflect on my journey here. I must say that I have fully enjoyed the ride. The culture here is very diverse and people are all great, from the bottom to the top management. I am looking forward to making this place my home for many years to come. In an environment where markets and technology are always changing it is a refreshing change to be part of a team that is always changing and adapting to the changing times. 220 is fast paced and never a dull moment, the culture here is designed for success and not just overnight success but long term success. I could see myself working here for a long time. Very happy to be part of this team and looking forward to a bright future.

Cons

No cons at this time, but like any other place there are days that have challenges, but the goals being met are worth the challenges that are faced.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward and assure the success of the company and your employees.

"Listen to the reviews!"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone there is great and the managers really have true interest in their employees. The culture and people I worked with are the reason I stayed. The product is very good as well and works, clients were actually making money.

Cons

The owner is a very negative person and puts people down all the time. He walks around with his chest pumped out llike he is better than everyone. I have scene him degrade the person in the desk next to me because they were sending an email.

Advice to Management

treat your employees with more respect.

220 Group Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Sales Manager

We appreciate and value the feedback you have provided to us. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our company as we are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent, and collaborative... More