220 Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Trevor Niarchos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Solid Company that Cares about People and getting better"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at 220 Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun company culture with lots of events and group activities. Padres Game, Del Mar Races and more.
    Dedicated to improving their product and services. Trevor, the owner, is always pushing for and encouraging ideas from every level of the company and he is always willing listen to feedback from employees about how to improve the product and company culture.
    Recently started a profit sharing give back to employees.
    The product has always gone through some big changes and improvements over the last few years and they have expanded their offerings to better service their clients and provide more opportunities to employees to make more money. They also sponsor ongoing education on relevant topics to the business contributing to tuition for classes.

Cons

Early start time 7 AM
    Loyalty- sometimes they hang on to employees to long and could be quicker to get rid of the bad apples

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on improving and building a positive work place, because the people that get it, appreciate it.

"Fun environment"

I worked at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, management that cares. Lots of opportunities. No micro management. CEO Trevor really cares about your success. Best training ever.

Cons

Little cold on the sales floor. Sometimes the music they play is not that great. They don’t let people go as fast as they should.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant

I worked at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to learn and grow. The marketing department is always looking for new ways to get ahead of the game. You will get the opportunity to work with a variety of clients, and will become a better consultant.

Cons

220 is a smaller company. It is growing, but because it is smaller, you will need to wear many hats and be willing to put in the work to make the company successful.

"A truly great company"

I worked at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best teams I've ever worked with and some of the best management I have worked for, the people at this company are indeed second to none!

Cons

I had a great experience at 220 but if you are not motivated and don't possess a strong work ethic, this job probably isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Sales Rep"

I worked at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO is fun you get time off and alcohol on the job

Cons

Claims to be good for people with no sales experience but that is not the case you have to start hitting your goals ASAP or you will get fired. The training is not good for the goals that are needed.

"Marketing Consultant"

I worked at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

220 Marketing has been by far one of the best jobs I've ever had. One for the product that they provide for their customers is truly second to none. Two for the leadership of the organization who work tirelessly to keep you at the Forefront of any new information and changes so that you are well prepared for the questions and situations you will come across in your day-to-day activity. The team and culture at 220 is incredible they have really been able to put together an amazing team of individuals that together form a unit that not only support each other but provide a service to their clientele that is unparalleled in the industry. Everyone knows the organization only Rises to the speed of the leader that is why I know 220 Marketing is on a good path the CEO of the company has an amazing reason why he even started the company and his dedication to his employees is really that of a servant mentality. He not only has worked in the trenches building this from the ground up but he is truly looking for the leadership to take his company to four or five times the size that it is. I wants I will continue to watch closely as this company grows and I am confident that they will achieve and surpass any go they set.

Cons

This job is by no means no means easy but the work that you do and the skills that you learn truly make you better that anything that you do. I don't really have any cons other than potentially offering some part-time sales positions but due to the nature of the industry I understand how that's not possible. 220 Marketing is not a place to work if you have a faint heart and are easily discouraged but for those of you who really want to make a change in your life and grow not only as a person but with a group of people going in the same direction this might be the perfect fit for you. I left for personal reasons I were out of my control put should I have stayed I am confident that I could have mastered what we do there due to the training and support that they have in place.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and really listen to your employees and their suggestions because that's where your next million dollar idea is.

"This is a fine company. I use fine and good instead of hyperbole."

I worked at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good crew, everyone is very welcoming when you're new and answers the dumb new guy questions. They're committed to their customers and help sometimes very difficult clients succeed .

Cons

I'm about twenty years older than most of the staff so communication with some of the younger staff was challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Good company and good product.

"Good Digital Marketing Company"

I have been working at 220 Group full-time

Pros

220 Marketing works with a variety of digital marketing topics. I really like that the management gives you training on marketing, including on-going training on the rapid changes in the industry. There is a good environment, with a light but professional atmosphere. People seem willing to help out and be supportive.

Cons

The company is smaller, so at times you will have to take on multiple roles or a lot of work. The company is growing though.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Advanced Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Advanced Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company cares about your success. If you come up with a great idea, they will do their best to implement it. 220 Marketing is also flexible and if you are not the best fit in a role they can move you to another division to highlight your strengths. The people are cool and management does a good job at motivating + coaching. I have learned a lot about marketing and different industries.

Cons

Coming in at 7, but you get used to it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and bring on A players who can keep 220 great.

"Don't recommend"

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The staff and some of the managers are the only pro about this place and the only reason people stay. This is a good job for the in between but is a dead end place.

Cons

its a marketing company that doesn't even do any marketing for itself. They do not do anything that they tell customers to do. The website looks very old and not mobile responsive like it was built in the 1990. But every month the president promises a new website and new things but nothing never changes. I'm not sure how anything is ever done he is never at the office unless he is yelling at some one or talking about girls.

The pay is very low for living in San Diego. There is a lot of work process for simple things that should be automated. 220 stands for second to none but is not that at all. The benefits are not good only pats 100 a month and we pay the rest. Paychecks are not always paid on right days.