220 Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Trevor Niarchos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Enjoyed my time at 220"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training! I came in with limited sales experience, I wasn't a natural and they helped me grow. Gaining new skill sets and knowledge are positive qualities in my opinion. It's reassuring when the company actually delivers quality product with great service/support. Uncapped commissions were motivating and rewarding.

Cons

Challenging like anything else performance based.

Advice to Management

Keep finding new ways to add value to clients as well as the organization and the success will continue.

2. "Sales rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at 220 Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training and pay. Very cool co workers and atmosphere to work. Very team oriented

Cons

Sometimes the office gets too cold

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Work Hard-play Hard"

Pros

The employees are awesome and the training and team envoirment.The CEOs passion for success.

Cons

7 AM start time and loan officers can be difficult to work with

"It’s all a facade"

I worked at 220 Group full-time

Pros

- You learn a lot because they offer zero training so you have to teach yourself.
    - The team outside of management is amazing, I have developed strong and Long lasting friendships there.
    - company events are fun
    - central location

Cons

Verbal abuse, sexism, and sexual harassment are all things you’ll experience here. Not to mention the drug use that management is also ok with. They even have quotes from dictators on the wall.

Only 2% of the employees have been there longer than a year because it’s a constant revolving door, in all departments. When someone leaves the owner bashes them.

Anytime there was a negative review, there was a company meeting where we were yelled at and threatened. A lot of us were forced to leave positive reviews and show management or lose our job.

I was asked to meet with the owner and grilled about my friendship with someone who had recently left and felt that if I continued to have communication with said person, I’d be fired.

Advice to Management

Take leadership course, be about your people. If you can’t then sell the company because someone will sue one day

"Nothing will change! CEO needs to resign!"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor

I worked at 220 Group full-time

Pros

Maybe the Team? Maybe the team outings ?

Cons

Where to begin:
    Product is old!
    No leads- all cold calling without marketing support,
    No marketing
    No new product or design improvements
    No real job opportunities for career growth
    Passive-aggressive management
    No leadership
    Scary and unstable CEO
    Building is lame and vibes are temporary
    Most run to Happy hour to vent about the abuse of the day!
    Verbally abusive Non motivating CEO
    Non professional management

Advice to Management

Do your job!
    Take a professional course on how to work with People. Understand your flaws and take ownership. Actually- this will never happen so why bother. If I could make it a negative metric I would.

"Solid Company that Cares about People and getting better"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at 220 Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun company culture with lots of events and group activities. Padres Game, Del Mar Races and more.
    Dedicated to improving their product and services. Trevor, the owner, is always pushing for and encouraging ideas from every level of the company and he is always willing listen to feedback from employees about how to improve the product and company culture.
    Recently started a profit sharing give back to employees.
    The product has always gone through some big changes and improvements over the last few years and they have expanded their offerings to better service their clients and provide more opportunities to employees to make more money. They also sponsor ongoing education on relevant topics to the business contributing to tuition for classes.

Cons

Early start time 7 AM
    Loyalty- sometimes they hang on to employees to long and could be quicker to get rid of the bad apples

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on improving and building a positive work place, because the people that get it, appreciate it.

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant

I worked at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to learn and grow. The marketing department is always looking for new ways to get ahead of the game. You will get the opportunity to work with a variety of clients, and will become a better consultant.

Cons

220 is a smaller company. It is growing, but because it is smaller, you will need to wear many hats and be willing to put in the work to make the company successful.

"A truly great company"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best teams I've ever worked with and some of the best management I have worked for, the people at this company are indeed second to none!

Cons

I had a great experience at 220 but if you are not motivated and don't possess a strong work ethic, this job probably isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Sales Rep"

I worked at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO is fun you get time off and alcohol on the job

Cons

Claims to be good for people with no sales experience but that is not the case you have to start hitting your goals ASAP or you will get fired. The training is not good for the goals that are needed.

"Marketing Consultant"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

220 Marketing has been by far one of the best jobs I've ever had. One for the product that they provide for their customers is truly second to none. Two for the leadership of the organization who work tirelessly to keep you at the Forefront of any new information and changes so that you are well prepared for the questions and situations you will come across in your day-to-day activity. The team and culture at 220 is incredible they have really been able to put together an amazing team of individuals that together form a unit that not only support each other but provide a service to their clientele that is unparalleled in the industry. Everyone knows the organization only Rises to the speed of the leader that is why I know 220 Marketing is on a good path the CEO of the company has an amazing reason why he even started the company and his dedication to his employees is really that of a servant mentality. He not only has worked in the trenches building this from the ground up but he is truly looking for the leadership to take his company to four or five times the size that it is. I wants I will continue to watch closely as this company grows and I am confident that they will achieve and surpass any go they set.

Cons

This job is by no means no means easy but the work that you do and the skills that you learn truly make you better that anything that you do. I don't really have any cons other than potentially offering some part-time sales positions but due to the nature of the industry I understand how that's not possible. 220 Marketing is not a place to work if you have a faint heart and are easily discouraged but for those of you who really want to make a change in your life and grow not only as a person but with a group of people going in the same direction this might be the perfect fit for you. I left for personal reasons I were out of my control put should I have stayed I am confident that I could have mastered what we do there due to the training and support that they have in place.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and really listen to your employees and their suggestions because that's where your next million dollar idea is.