220 Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Trevor Niarchos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "This is a fine company. I use fine and good instead of hyperbole."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good crew, everyone is very welcoming when you're new and answers the dumb new guy questions. They're committed to their customers and help sometimes very difficult clients succeed .

Cons

I'm about twenty years older than most of the staff so communication with some of the younger staff was challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Good company and good product.

2. "Good Digital Marketing Company"

I have been working at 220 Group full-time

Pros

220 Marketing works with a variety of digital marketing topics. I really like that the management gives you training on marketing, including on-going training on the rapid changes in the industry. There is a good environment, with a light but professional atmosphere. People seem willing to help out and be supportive.

Cons

The company is smaller, so at times you will have to take on multiple roles or a lot of work. The company is growing though.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Advanced Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Advanced Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company cares about your success. If you come up with a great idea, they will do their best to implement it. 220 Marketing is also flexible and if you are not the best fit in a role they can move you to another division to highlight your strengths. The people are cool and management does a good job at motivating + coaching. I have learned a lot about marketing and different industries.

Cons

Coming in at 7, but you get used to it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and bring on A players who can keep 220 great.

"Don't recommend"

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The staff and some of the managers are the only pro about this place and the only reason people stay. This is a good job for the in between but is a dead end place.

Cons

its a marketing company that doesn't even do any marketing for itself. They do not do anything that they tell customers to do. The website looks very old and not mobile responsive like it was built in the 1990. But every month the president promises a new website and new things but nothing never changes. I'm not sure how anything is ever done he is never at the office unless he is yelling at some one or talking about girls.

The pay is very low for living in San Diego. There is a lot of work process for simple things that should be automated. 220 stands for second to none but is not that at all. The benefits are not good only pats 100 a month and we pay the rest. Paychecks are not always paid on right days.

5. "Good Marketing Company to work for with excellent ongoing coaching/training"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is extremely helpful and we all work as a team. We participate in ongoing weekly training to help us grasp concepts and gain knowledge on the industries we market to. The senior management really shows concern and cares about the growth & development of employees that work here. The benefits after 90 days (PTO, holiday pay, health insurance) are excellent. 40 hours provides steady work & consistency in the schedule is very nice.

Cons

The out of the gate expectations are a little high while trying to get used to cold calling and marketing to various industries. The commissions for a rookie (first month) are a little bit low while the work load is heavy.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Management is excellent & extremely helpful. We have all the resources we need to succeed in the positions we are in.

6. "Almost a year in the books"

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming up on my year mark at 220 Marketing, I look back and reflect on my journey here. I must say that I have fully enjoyed the ride. The culture here is very diverse and people are all great, from the bottom to the top management. I am looking forward to making this place my home for many years to come. In an environment where markets and technology are always changing it is a refreshing change to be part of a team that is always changing and adapting to the changing times. 220 is fast paced and never a dull moment, the culture here is designed for success and not just overnight success but long term success. I could see myself working here for a long time. Very happy to be part of this team and looking forward to a bright future.

Cons

No cons at this time, but like any other place there are days that have challenges, but the goals being met are worth the challenges that are faced.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward and assure the success of the company and your employees.

"Listen to the reviews!"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at 220 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone there is great and the managers really have true interest in their employees. The culture and people I worked with are the reason I stayed. The product is very good as well and works, clients were actually making money.

Cons

The owner is a very negative person and puts people down all the time. He walks around with his chest pumped out llike he is better than everyone. I have scene him degrade the person in the desk next to me because they were sending an email.

Advice to Management

treat your employees with more respect.

220 Group Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Sales Manager

We appreciate and value the feedback you have provided to us. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our company as we are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent, and collaborative... More

"Terrible Company"

I worked at 220 Group full-time

Pros

Some of the staff was nice and there were social activities

Cons

unprofessional management
    very poor pay
    no clear job titles
    you are told one thing and then the opposite later
    overworked with unrealistic expectations
    lied to about bonus pay
    no room for advancement

Advice to Management

Stop being so aggressive and a micro manager. You're not training- you just expect robots to produce.

220 Group Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Sales Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We wish that you would have provided us with this information at the time of employment so that we could have had the opportunity to address... More

"Team environment is great"

I worked at 220 Group full-time

Pros

The atmosphere and team environment are very welcoming for newcomers. Everyone seems to enjoy coming into work every day and genuinely enjoys their job. Everyone is knowledgeable in their role and eager to help other team members. Managers and supervisors work hard to help you obtain your goals in and outside of work; they take a mentor approach to help you grow in your career. We are not selling something that doesn't work. Clients see results without system within the first 90 days if they are meeting with marketing, it's nice knowing that we are honest with the sales pitch. Marketing is always communicating success to continue to show us the value. From what I can tell there is growth opportunity, most of the managers, if not all, started at the bottom. During the core values, the president stressed promoting within. The company also does a lot of charity events to give back to the community another core value the president stressed.

Cons

Senior managers and supervisors do everything possible to make the day to day a positive experience and work very hard, which goes unnoticed by upper management, but the owner doesn't seem to share that same view and micromanages. He seems to only focus on the sales number instead of growth as a whole. The sale tactic is very old school, cold calling and cold calling only. There is not much inbound marketing happening to encourage more inbounds. A lot of employees that I've spoken to past and present don't seem to like the CEO because of how he talks to people and promises management to everyone. He also plays favoritism and changes the rules based on who you are. The benefits aren't the greatest either. Only puts in $100 towards medical and only contributed 2% of your salary to retirement.

Advice to Management

The managers do the best they can to act as a filter from the owner but if it was possible to have the president take a step back and focus on president items and let the manager run their departments I think the company would go much further.

"Care about what really happens?"

Current Employee - Sales Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

Pros

They do what they say and say what they'll do. So far, in the time I have been on the sales team I have never heard a customer call in with a problem. The product is sold with expectations alligned with what is delivered. The atmosh phere at work is one of cammeraderie, support, opportunity for all, and retention. I am very glad that I have landed here and plan to maintain and grow with 220.

Cons

It's in Point Loma and this is a bit of a drive.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive and natural style you guys already approach everthing with