KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

22nd Century Technologies

Is this your company?

22nd Century Technologies

Add a Review

22nd Century Technologies Employee Reviews about "22nd century"

Updated Jul 9, 2021

Found 26 of over 348 reviews

3.2
22nd Century Technologies President  Satvinder Singh (no image)
Satvinder Singh
Pros
  • "A lot of places you can go with 22nd century(in 20 reviews)

• "Great compensation, healthy work environment, upper-level management cares for its employees(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No benefits, lack of communication at times, no feedback, no comraderie(in 7 reviews)

• "I have no cons for 22nd century(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

1y

a

Sales Engineer

311 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "22nd century"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Outbound

May 23, 2018 - Outbound in Mira Loma, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is extremely helpful and respond quickly to any question I have .

Cons

I have no cons for 22nd century

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

ok company

Jul 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

22nd century is flexible and understanding

Cons

PTO give per pat period

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Bad company to work for!!!!!

Dec 20, 2019 - Cyber Security Engineer in Germantown, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

The poeple I worked with were nice. But the company is poorly manage. My work location was only 25min drive from my home. Was able to work remotely if needed on the contract i was on.

Cons

22nd Century Technologies is only for themselves they do not care about their employee. Read on.. They have the worst Health benefits I ever had in life. One of the worst companies that I have worked for in my 32 years in the IT field. If I were not working on my personal business, I would not work for 22nd Century Technologies. 22nd Century Technologies pay is much lower than others IT companies. When asking for more money they will not give it to you even if your skill level is much higher than what the job requirements are. The big thing I hate about 22nd Century Technologies is they will not pay you for any Vacation or sick leave that you have earned. I had 36 vacation hours and 8 hour of sick, and when I left 22nd for a much better job this year December 2019 they will not pay me for those earn hours even talking to their HR and Payroll personal. In addition, IT formal training is a big no go, they are too cheap to help pay for training. 22nd Century Technologies is only for themselves they do not care about their employee.

13 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Bad company

Nov 17, 2020 - Network Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of places you can go with 22nd century.

Cons

My shop has seen a 100 percent turn over rate due to benefits and pay. Forfeiture of sick and vacation when you resign as well.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Ethical Company with Good Benefits and Excellent Job Opportunities

Nov 3, 2016 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am going on my third year with 22nd Century, and they are a company of integrity. My check has always been on time, and the amount expected is the amount paid. The benefits are acceptable, conforming with the industry standard packages including health and paid vacation. I was able to get a high-quality gold medical plan with a reputable carrier, as well as eye and dental policies. Their HR department will resolve payroll disputes quickly and professionally. As with any consulting firm, you need to ensure everything you requested is spelled out in your contract.

Cons

Communication can sometimes be slow in regards to a contract issue, where a senior manager needs to resolve the issue.The HR department is fairly knowledgeable about benefits, but if you specific detailed questions about health policies they will give you a contact number, usually a represetative from the underwriter who will answer your questions in detail. To some people, this is not necessarily a con, but others may view it as a minor annoyance. They do try hard to resolve your issue and will, but sometimes more than one person might get involving causing confusion and delay. This is not common, but with a little patience they will resolve it to your satisfaction. You do get a personal phone call from the principle agent who will resolve your issue.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Dynamic Workplace

Mar 24, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

22nd Century is an exciting, growing, company. The employees are energized about their work, management is supportive, knowledgeable, and understanding, and upper management is friendly and warm. The teams are tight knit and exceptional at what they do. Overall, 22nd Century isn't your average IT services company. It's more than just a place to work. It's where people from all different backgrounds come together to make things happen.

Cons

Like any growing company, 22nd Century is working on some issues as they arise. The workload is high, and seeing managers work nights and weekends can be disconcerting for great employees in search of work/life balance. They are hiring new employees to address this issue though.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Supervisory Role

Mar 16, 2016 - Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's often that unsatisfactory reviews make it to the websites of the companies and service industry and 22nd Century Technologies reviews are no exception. I have seen unlimited growth potential of any employee for about a year that I have been employed here. This is evident from the multiple Contracts and Task Orders that the company has been winning and the leadership positions it presents. Extremely dedicated, driven, and hard-working professionals servicing its multiple customers.

Cons

As true for many small business, work involves wearing multiple hats. There are growing pains as the internal process (HR, Recruiting, Benefits) need to mature and getting better

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Sep 16, 2016 - Program Manager in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I personally have had a great experience with 22nd Century Technologies. The growth of the company has allowed for many opportunities for job growth. As we are a contract base company jobs do disappear but they try to find a best fit replacement or offer a great reference if a fit is not available. The HR (ECare team) responds quickly to questions and assigns tickets that remain open until the employee is satisfied. Leadership is easy to talk to and willing to assist to make environments and lifestyles healthy and happy.

Cons

Reputation, employees separating due to bad experiences seem to have a broader voice than those who have had a good one. Healthcare is a bit high but it is getting better.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

IT Security Assurance Analyst

Nov 30, 2017 - IT Security Analyst in Dayton, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great HR team who took care of my needs and were very responsive. Hired on at 22nd Century and was later moved to a subsidiary of the company. The 22nd Century team and Program Manager at the location where I worked was great! This company will provide opportunities and employment if you are agile, produce results, and flexible. If I was actively in the job market and there was a position that was a good fit, I would not hesitate to apply to work for this company.

Cons

As with any contractor position, no matter the company, there can be uncertainty when the contract is up for re-bid or option years renewed. Though with any employer to a degree, there are no guarantees and everyone is replaceable.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Exceeding Expectations

Oct 12, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dedicated staff. quick response time, careful candidate selection, and excellent work in matching the fit of employee to team. All candidate activities were handled diligently and smoothly. Negotiations were cordial and supportive. I have dealt with more than 500 recruiters and worked for at least 50 staffing companies short and long term (personal goals and project staffing). 22nd Century performs in the 95th percentile based on my experience. Their persistence in problem solving is excellent!

Cons

The only small issues I was ever aware of (very few) were a normal result of growing pains. Benefit packages are good and improving, Communications internally and externally are very well managed.

22nd Century Technologies Response

ankush@tscti.com

Thank you so much for your positive words !!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews