2313 Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
2313 President Ken Lear
Ken Lear

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The fact that hard work and effort is rewarded is a plus" (in 6 reviews)

• "I also am in numerous meetings that inspire, motivate, and shape my leadership skills week over week" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's high pressure door to door sales 6 days a week and you'll spend 8 hours in the field every day with meetings before and after so expect to work 10" (in 9 reviews)

• "I later found out it was essentially door to door sales or something similar starting off no matter what through reviews" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at 2313 full-time

Pros

2313 offers a great opportunity to build your own business. Having graduated from an Ivy League school, I have seen my friends succeed in many different jobs and businesses around the world. Personally, I am most motivated by having the opportunity to create my own success without a ceiling.

Ask anyone who has been successful in business or played sports at a high level and they will tell you that you need a coach to be successful. Ken is the best coach. I knew him when he was a new sales guy in the business and he killed it because he was dedicated and made it fun. As a coach, Ken teaches from experience. He knows how to help you develop as a sales associate and even more importantly as a business owner when you're ready for the next step.

I love working with Ken. He is always there for me and I know what I need to do every day to be successful in this business because of the time he gives me when I need it.

Cons

Sometimes the weather sucks. If it is raining or if it is really cold then it is challenging to be outside prospecting.

Advice to Management

Keep holding me accountable for my actions and keep me on track so I do more of what makes me successful.

Jun 18, 2018 – Management Team

This is so great! I'm so appreciative that you took the time to share this. What insightful (and rewarding) feedback. Moreover - I really couldn't be happier that you had such a wonderful experience... More

"Work Hard Play Hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at 2313 full-time

Pros

First thing I have to talk about before I even begin speaking about the company is the CEO, Ken. He cares more about his people than any other person you'd ever hope to work for. He puts his heart and soul into his business and I am thankful to have the opportunity to work and grow with him and his organization.

If you're someone who is looking to be in a position where you control your opportunity, advancement, and pay then you will be successful here. The leadership at this firm is second to none. It is truly a family style culture in a people helping people business. I have had the chance to learn everything from driving revenue all the way to executive level management in a performance based environment. Everything comes down to my work ethic/ positive attitude and in a non-seniority environment that has made me work harder since I know those are solely in my control. I've also been able to travel often to network and learn with other like minded individuals very often which has been very rewarding as well!

I appreciate the opportunity I have had since I've started with Ken and 2313 Inc. and I can't wait to see what the future has in store!

Cons

If you're the type of person who just wants a job you can skate by/put in the minimum effort and aren't driven to be a better person than you are today, these roles are not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"THEY ACTUALLY PAY YOU!!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Trainer in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Trainer in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at 2313 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are organized and truthful, Other "offices" I went to did not deliver on their promises. I was looking for a job right away and I got hired right on the spot!
     Which is great because I didn't have to wait around for a week for a call.

Cons

If you don't have business clothes you have to buy some in order to work here.

Advice to Management

Only been here for 3 months so I don't know the guy that well, but he gave me a job so he's great in my book.

Feb 22, 2019 – Management Team

Hey there! The title of your review made me laugh :) I'm very glad that things are going well for you here. Never hesitate to come and chat with me if there's anything you need. All the best, Ken... More

"Manager in Training"

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at 2313 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started this experience because I wanted to grow. I have been sick and tired of jumping from job to job hoping to get advancement opportunities and it never happens. Since day 1 I have been incredibly impressed with our company, I heave been trained in sales, customer service, and after proving myself now leadership! I am excited about the culture and the coworkers, I feel we are truly a family outside of my own. I am really looking forward to more growth as my career develops.

Cons

The work is challenging, meeting people in sales and customer service is for people who have charisma and confidence. A con could be it is a no seniority environment, so sometimes I have felt overwhelmed, so some people may not be able to handle the fast paced culture.

Advice to Management

Continue applying pressure to grow us as leaders and the business overall, positive pressure as you apply it creates positive growth.

Feb 13, 2019 – Management Team

Thank you SO much for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback. I am so glad to read everything you wrote and I also encourage you to keep me posted on your journey! Warm regards, Ken

"Great place to learn how to sell"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at 2313 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everybody is extremely helpful, happy, and fun to be around

Cons

door to door sales everyday

Feb 13, 2019 – Management Team

Hey there!
    Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. I'm very happy that you enjoyed working with us and learned crucial sales skills! I have no doubt that many of the things you learned during your... More

"Professional Fun and Growth"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at 2313 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed Everything. I loved coming to work everyday. I used to work in the restaurant industry where I didn’t enjoy my co-workers, my management, nothing. Here I enjoy the new ping pong table and fun team nights with co-workers. I feeI had grown professionally in the first couple months then I did going to college.

Cons

I don’t think the job is for everyone, it is for the motivated, not for those who blame others for their results. You will be encouraged to try new things like sales or sales training if you have never done it before.

Advice to Management

Keep giving positive recognition daily, giving back to the community and the world as you have done recently. Keep meeting the team weekly 1 on 1 to help them personally and professionally.

Dec 19, 2018 – Management Team

Hey there thanks so much for sharing this feedback! I'm so glad you're enjoying working here and I appreciate your advice.
    Best regards,
    Ken

"Dishonest Company"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at 2313 full-time

Pros

You'll work with some cool people and get sales experience.

Cons

They lie about everything! From the job description to the hours to the average earnings. It's high pressure door to door sales 6 days a week and you'll spend 8 hours in the field every day with meetings before and after so expect to work 10+ hours a day. They'll tell you average entry level makes about $600 a week but I worked there and saw people's numbers. Total BS. Stay as far away from this unethical business as you can.

Advice to Management

Stop the lies. If this is such a great business why do you feel the need to lie to people to get them in the door?

Jan 15, 2019 – Management Team

Dear Reviewer,
    I would love to speak to you. My office line is 248-907-3447. I value integrity; it is the cornerstone of our company, and has been for the 16 years we have been in business... More

"A Company that Gives Back"

I have been working at 2313 full-time

Pros

I have worked for this organization and over the course of my employment I have seen the leadership teams and ownership give back more than any other I have seen. When we go to leadership seminars they give time during the meeting just to do fundraisers the night before and at the event. The owners recently went to an Orphanage in Belize to help kids with no families paint and rebuild their lives. I also am in numerous meetings that inspire, motivate, and shape my leadership skills week over week.

Cons

Initial sales isn’t for everyone but if you can see the growth and want to be developed and inspired to be a good person this may be for you

Advice to Management

Don’t change - you inspire, motivate, give back in so many ways, and prepare more than any other company I have worked for.

Nov 30, 2018 – Management Team

Wow, thank you! This is heart-warming feedback and I really appreciate that you took the time to share this. Happy holidays and all the best to you.
    -Ken

"Do not work here"

Pros

Can't think of any.

Cons

Everything. They will lie to get you in the door. Door to door sales all day every day. Wear and tear on your car.

Dec 19, 2018 – Management Team

Hey there! I'm very sorry to hear that you had anything less than a wonderful experience working here and I'd love the opportunity to speak with you to learn more. Would you be up for giving me a... More

"Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at 2313 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has giving me the opportunity to gain sales, leadership and communication skills. In the last few months I have learned about marketing and the strategy that 2313 impelememts to acquire new customers (directly meeting clients face to face) and how much value that bring to their clients. I have been challenge which has allowed me to increase my business acumen. The management training program is designed to find people that have great work ethic, want to be part of a team and are solution oriented. If this is you then apply.

Cons

There will always be rejection in sales, sometimes is difficult to accept that.

Advice to Management

Continue developing leaders!

Oct 21, 2018 – Management Team

Hi and thank you for your feedback! It's so great to hear that you're thriving at our company. I really appreciate the time you took to share this. Please continue to keep me in the loop and never... More