KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

23andMe CEO  Anne Wojcicki
Anne Wojcicki

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of 23andMe and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Best Work-Life Culture Around

Jun 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel valued and respected by my team, as an employee and as a human being. I am given the time and space to take care of myself and my family. I am given opportunities to grow, learn, and be challenged. I am recognized for my accomplishments and praised for my hard work. I am given career support by my manager to grow internally within the company. I am contributing to positive, life-altering work as we pioneer the field of genetics-based healthcare.

Cons

Location and commute can be difficult if you live in the north/east bay or south San Jose, and you want to return to the office. That's largely the fault of the Bay Area itself making commuting difficult, and the company is very flexible about allowing you to WFH.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love working here

Jul 20, 2022 - Senior Associate Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, caring company. Relatively competitive salaries and benefits. Great science

Cons

Facilities/operations is still getting up and running so some kinks are still being worked out

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Going from bad to worse

Aug 24, 2022 - Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talented and passionate employees. Decent benefits

Cons

Poor leadership. Inconsistent treatment of employees.

Continue reading
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great mission, great people!

Jul 18, 2022 - Product Scientist in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

23andme is full of earnest, hardworking, kind people and the company is increasingly hyper-focused on DEI.

Cons

There can be a lot of turnover on regular tech product teams at 23andme

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great people and culture!

Jun 14, 2022 - Business Operations Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and culture, very scientifically driven

Cons

A bit of changing priorities, but typical for a startup

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing culture

Jun 12, 2022 - Security Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive work culture, surronded by very intelligent people, work life balance

Cons

Direction may shift after a fe months of investment

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Passionate people

Jun 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

People truly care about positively impacting the world

Cons

Consumer product organization is tumultuous and goes through the same boom and bust cycle every couple of years.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great culture

May 6, 2022 - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative and smart employees who've helped create a vibrant company culture.

Cons

Needs t focus on core business areas to get to profitablity

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, lovely people, but work needs to be done.

Apr 14, 2022 - IT Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, the culture is great. Benefits are decent. The people working there really do believe in the company and want it to succeed.

Cons

23andMe needs to grow up. They have held on to a quasi startup culture for too long. The vision of the company needs work. Over my tenure the amount of large scale company wide projects that got shelved was fairly high. It sometimes felt like the company was blindly trying good ideas and hoping one of them stuck.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Calm and and easy going don't expect growth

Mar 4, 2022 - IT Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

A calm and easy-going company, be good at what you do, and coast by. Low stress

Cons

Don't expect growth or much to learn.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 180 Reviews

23andMe Reviews FAQs

23andMe has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 195 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at 23andMe to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, 23andMe employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at 23andMe. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

66% of 23andMe employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated 23andMe 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at 23andMe to be benefits, senior leadership, culture and the cons to be compensation, management, career development.

Popular Careers with 23andMe Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at 23andMe? Share Your Experiences

23andMe Careers

Cover image for 23andMe

Think big. We are a mission-driven company with big dreams of using data to revolutionize health, wellness, and research. We heart...More

• Diversity (DEI)
  • Benefits
  • 23andMe Therapeutics
  • Postdoc Program

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

1 days ago

Taking care of ourselves means more than just exercising and eating right; it also means knowing and understanding our DNA. Hosts Becca Tilley and Tanya Rad from “Scrubbing In” discuss this and more in the new episode of Spit, an iHeartRadio podcast with 23andMe.
Shared image - https://lnkd.in/e8FhDmbK
lnkd.in

5 days ago

Company News
In honor of #SickleCellAwarenessMonth, we wanted to share a bit about our efforts to bridge the knowledge gap about the condition through a collaboration with Dr. Lametra Scott, PharmD, CCHP and the non-profit Breaking the SSickle Cell Cycle Foundation (BTSSCC). Check out our Q&A with Dr. Scott where she talks about her work and some common misunderstandings about sickle cell disease.
Shared image - 23andMe on LinkedIn: Personal Experience Motivates Dr. Lametra Scott's Work to Raise Awareness
www.linkedin.com

23andMe Photos

+ Add Photo
23andMe photo of: PRIDE Celebration
23andMe photo of: We ♡ DNA! In 2019, we celebrated DNA Day with a Customer Panel to hear first hand how our work is impacting lives and a reminder of our core value, behind every data point is a human being.
23andMe photo of: Our new HQ!
23andMe photo of: Our South San Francisco office!
23andMe photo of: Our Tx team celebrating DNA day!
23andMe photo of: Rock painting to welcome our new Sunnyvale, HQ!
23andMe photo of: The farmhouse on our HQ campus is the original cottage that was restored and moved 200 feet from its original location

Expert Career Advice