24 Hour Fitness Reviews

Updated May 16, 2022

Found 3,215 of over 3,281 reviews

3.5
24 Hour Fitness CEO Tony Ueber (no image)
Tony Ueber

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Meet great people and enjoy free membership(in 161 reviews)
  • "Hours are flexible and often times you wont be doing anything demanding(in 112 reviews)
  • "Flexible Scheduling and Free Gym Membership(in 86 reviews)
  • "Coworkers great and other trainers seem to want to help other trainers learn and become better at the profession.(in 84 reviews)
  • "discounted rates on personal training (but trainers dont want to work with you at a lower rate).(in 69 reviews)
Cons
  • "The pay is low so the jobs do not keep good hard working people in them.(in 309 reviews)
  • "poor management and not very clean consistently(in 217 reviews)
  • "Too controlling if given a bad manager(in 123 reviews)
  • "Horrible Upper Management(in 66 reviews)
  • "You were expected (as a service rep) to close 'every single person who walks in' and attach fitness packages with a trainer for NO commission.(in 64 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of 24 Hour Fitness and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good for people still in school

Mar 1, 2022 - Sales and Service Associate in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Membership benefits Building relationships Experiences

Cons

The only downside is the hours and pay

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Too Much Stress & No Work/Life Balance

Apr 28, 2022 - Fitness Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Pay was good, however say goodbye to any semblance of a personal life. - Changing lives was the main reason for working here

Cons

- No work boundaries. They want you to work on weekends, overtime, holidays, vacations are had to come by. - Extremely sales-oriented, which causes stress daily, weekly, monthly. Nothing is ever good enough for corporate. - Quantity of sales over quality of training/trainers is a huge problem here. As an FM, I was usually "gently forced" to fire Trainers who cared and knew their science just because they didn't hit NBU goals for the month. - Extremely constant turnover rate. We always had a new sales/training team every 3 months. - Unhealthy work culture. For being a health-based company, thye sell some of the worst brands of fitness supplements and constantly push energy drinks down our throats.

Continue reading
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awful management

Mar 25, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great employees. Everyone is awesome and chill. The system is easy and you don’t have many angry costumers.

Cons

Managers don’t care about you although is a low pay job. My friend miscarriage her baby, she couldn’t walk properly she was pale and asked for time off. They deny her, force her to work and didn’t have the human decency to even let her sit down. They don’t train you, they except you to learn everything by yourself or get your coworkers to teach you and if we mess up they would get so angry because we didn’t know how to do it properly. Force me to be morning shift although I wasn’t even thought how to open the store and they made me do it alone. Manager would be angry if you show up late for work but they mostly never show up for their shifts. Managers hire young adults, forgetting that they are also students so more than helping us with our schedule we got threatened to be fire if we needed to change are shifts.

Continue reading
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great with the right leadership

May 16, 2022 - Fitness Manager III
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved my team and managers

Cons

Company is struggling and can't control how much I bonus

5. 5.0

Great

May 16, 2022 - IT Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, People, Industry, Pay, Benefits

Cons

Can't think of any right now

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great Place To Start

May 4, 2022 - Personal Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

You learn a lot really fast and it's a good way to get used to training with a lot of support and safety measures.

Cons

It has a stunted growth after a while.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Bad pay

May 16, 2022 - Child Care Worker in Falls Church, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, nice kids, you can watch movies with the kids

Cons

Bad pay, no one cares about your schedule. I was literally in the emergency room and my boss was like "well get someone to cover for your shift :/"

8. 5.0

Great compensation!

May 8, 2022 - Personal Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great compensation - Great target demographics - Flexible schedule

Cons

- Management and the commission changed after COVID

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A good place to start

May 7, 2022 - Certified Personal Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good career progression and great trainers to learn from.

Cons

Early morning and late nights. Clients not showing up

10. 5.0

PT Review

May 9, 2022 - Personal Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Making own schedule competitive pay bonus opportunities

Cons

lack of consistency on income

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,215 Reviews

24 Hour Fitness Reviews FAQs

24 Hour Fitness has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 3,281 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at 24 Hour Fitness to a friend and 39% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, 24 Hour Fitness employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at 24 Hour Fitness. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

61% of 24 Hour Fitness employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated 24 Hour Fitness 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at 24 Hour Fitness to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with 24 Hour Fitness Job Seekers