24 Hour Fitness Reviews
64% would recommend to a friend
(3712 total reviews)
69% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Meet great people and enjoy free membership" (in 182 reviews)
- "Free gym membership and flexible hours if you don't need many hours and live at home." (in 128 reviews)
- "Coworkers great and other trainers seem to want to help other trainers learn and become better at the profession." (in 94 reviews)
- "Flexible scheduling and a good job during school year" (in 87 reviews)
- "Most employees such as the trainers were nice and would give a deep discount for personal training." (in 79 reviews)
- "Turn over is very very high because the pay is low and there is nothing extrodinary to keep people around." (in 355 reviews)
- "Dealing with bad management and not having enough support." (in 251 reviews)
- "Too controlling if given a bad manager" (in 138 reviews)
- "No commission and sell by any means necessary" (in 76 reviews)
- "Horrible Upper Management" (in 67 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of 24 Hour Fitness and is not affected by filters.
Found 3,712 of over 4K reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Oct 5, 2023Personal TrainerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBoulder, CO
- Amazing Management - Amazing Staff - Great Atmosphere - Great customers - Bigger lot than most local gyms - Variety of equipment compared to other gyms
I don't talk bad about the company I am still employed at. That would be stupid. But even if I wasn't, this place has brought many memories from great ones to stressful ones. That comes with any job though. What matters is whose running it, and how well they are doing that, and how you look at what life throws at you. And in my case, this location is top notch.
- 2.0Dec 5, 2023Sales and Service ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOakland, CA
great community and gained valuable experience with a livable wage. benefits include discounts to many things like electronics and hotels but nobody tells you about it.
the workload is way bigger than advertised, I act as assistant general manager although I'm only the manager of one department. hours are erratic and I'm almost always called on my day off. and the location I work at receives little support from corperate when it comes to equipment and funding. area has a lot of crime with slow/nonexistent police response. also they axed commission before I got there.
- 5.0Nov 26, 2023Group Fitness InstructorCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
I love the 2 free memberships that I get for my family. We get paid an extra 15 minutes per class and 30 min per week for practice. They don't take advantage of paying 'admin pay' of minimum wage for online training or meetings
Sometimes hard to find a substitute instructor for a class
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Certified Personal TrainerFormer EmployeeSan Diego, CA
Great management, team & location
No cons- really recommend working here.24 Hour Fitness Response6d
Thank you for providing us with this feedback about your experience working at 24 Hour Fitness. We aim to create positive experiences for our team members as well as our members, so we’re happy to hear you felt that! If you’d like to recognize anybody in particular, please send us an email at email@example.com so we can share some positivity and recognition!
- 4.0Nov 19, 2023Sales and Service ExpertCurrent EmployeeYorktown Heights, NY
Learned a lot about sales, metrics, budgets.
You are pushed to make sales yet you do not receive much incentive. There is little to no bonuses to make these sales.24 Hour Fitness Response6d
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. It is our goal to create compensation plans that reward our team members for their hard work and align individual goals with those of the organization. We’re sorry that you feel we missed the mark. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org because we’d love the opportunity to hear more from you about your experience.
- 5.0Nov 21, 2023Kids Club SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBoulder, CO
Free membership Benefits are not so bad Fun culture
Pay minimum wage Management changes quickly and frequently
- 3.0Nov 30, 2023Master Personal TrainerFormer EmployeeLas Vegas, NV
Good Training Program Coaching by Managers Benefits
Long Hours High emphasis in sales (not for everyone) Aggressive monthly goals Easy to get burnt out
- 4.0Nov 11, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearUpland, CA
Relaxing job Relatively easy work Free gym membership
Low pay Very little advancement
24 Hour Fitness Reviews FAQs
24 Hour Fitness has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 3,794 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at 24 Hour Fitness to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
64% of 24 Hour Fitness employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated 24 Hour Fitness 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.