24 Hour Fitness Reviews in San Carlos, CA | Glassdoor

San Carlos, CA

2.0
24 Hour Fitness Acting CEO Frank Napolitano
Frank Napolitano

Pros
  • Lots of downtime, free gym membership, great regulars, employee discount (in 428 reviews)

• Loved the free gym membership to any 24-Hour fitness (in 211 reviews)

Cons
  • I have worked at all and as an operations Manager my work life balance is bad (in 40 reviews)

• Minimum wage but will work you 39 hours/week (1 under full time to avoid benefits) which is not enough money to get by (in 75 reviews)

1. "Position completely isolated from the rest of the gym and company"

Current Employee - Kid's Club Attendant in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Kid's Club Attendant in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Easy and predictable work hours
    -Can be fun if you like kids

Cons

-Poor pay
    -Almost complete lack of communication with co-workers and management
    -Can be very un-stimulating
    -Difficult to cover shifts and even cover breaks.

Advice to Management

Include the Kid's Club Attendants in the company. While I've been working here, I have not been required to attend any staff meetings (I had to work through them), have seen my boss in passing perhaps once a week, haven't made any friends at work, and have not ever been given rest breaks. I only recently found out I was actually entitled to them, and will be pursuing compensation for my missed breaks over the past year. Management needs to certify more employees for Kid's Club so that breaks or even restroom use is an issue for the Kid's Club Attendant.

2. "Good for anyone new"

Current Employee - Master Personal Trainer in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Master Personal Trainer in San Carlos, CA

Pros

This job is great for anyone new to personal training. Clients are given to you most of time and you have the potential of making anywhere from 12-35 dollars an hour counting commission. If you work full-time benefits are offered such as vacation and health. People you work with are in there 20's to 30's and full of energy. Everyone generally gets along unless you have a really bad manager.

Cons

I have been at 24 Hour fitness awhile now and I have only seen benefits taken away. There use to be a lot of competitions to get sales up. We use to get paid even higher hourly but we swapped for this new system in 2006 that wants you to be a salesmen instead of a trainer. Management usually fails to recognize great performance and the only thing telling you "good job" is your check.

Advice to Management

Do more for your employees and raise the wage rates.

Showing 2 of 1,442 reviews