24 Hour Fitness "minimum wage" Reviews | Glassdoor

24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews about "minimum wage"

Updated 20 Nov 2019

3.3
24 Hour Fitness CEO Tony Ueber (no image)
Tony Ueber
Pros
Cons
  • "They don’t give raises ( barely minimum wage) & unfortunately the front desk reps are usually expose to danger (they’re exposed to risks)(in 94 reviews)

• "The pay for everyone not in upper management was at the least that they could possibly get away with(in 73 reviews)

Reviews about "minimum wage"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Kids club attendant"

Former Employee - Kids' Club Attendant/Service Representative in La Mirada, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work while you're a student! Your coworkers are your second family! Flexible scheduling and free gym membership!

Cons

Management gets changed a lot! Minimum wage job but if you works kids club you get paid a bit more!

24 Hour Fitness2017-04-24
  2. "Eh"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manhattan Beach, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I’ve met some amazing people ^_^.....most of them members!

Cons

Management sucks ! They’re all about themselves & rely wayy too much on lower level employees to pick up their slack! They don’t give raises ( barely minimum wage) & unfortunately the front desk reps are usually expose to danger (they’re exposed to risks)....especially the graveyard reps! There have been many lawsuits with this company because they don’t treat their employees with respect ....without the... employees you wouldn’t have a gym....there I said it! Respect goes along way!!

Advice to Management

Give raises! There are people who have been there for years & if it wasn’t for those kind reps some of your members wouldn’t come back! So please recognize the talent that you have before you lose them! .....& stop hiring managers that don’t know what they’re doing! No wonder you guys keep getting sued!!!

24 Hour Fitness2019-11-20
  3. "Good job for college student"

Former Employee - Kids Club Associate

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible hours, fun job if you like kids

Cons

no company growth, not enough hours, starts off at minimum wage

24 Hour Fitness2019-08-12
  4. "Great for new trainers"

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

They give you clients and consultations

Cons

Base pay is minimum wage

Advice to Management

Great management

24 Hour Fitness2019-06-22
  5. "Worth a paycheck"

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time

Pros

You get a free 24 hour membership, the culture is pretty easy going, and not a bad job to have during college

Cons

It’s open 24 hours so you get some early shifts at 6 am, and they pay below minimum wage

24 Hour Fitness2019-06-14
  6. "Good Entry Level Job"

Former Employee - Kids Club Attendant

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun and welcoming environment. I became friends with many of the other girls who also worked in Kids Club. Would be great for young people in college who live at home that are looking for a part-time job.

Cons

Very part-time, split shifts, minimum wage, worked 7 days a week just to get 30 hours, not much room for growth

24 Hour Fitness2019-03-22
  7. "Perfect job for student that lives fitness"

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time

Pros

Can be a very fun atmosphere. A great place for people who love fitness to interact with members on a daily basis.

Cons

Many jobs other than management only oat minimum wage. Sales team has a commission structure that is very difficult for any to achieve and that can be extremely frustrating for them

24 Hour Fitness2019-01-07

"Good for Members, bad for Employees."

Current Employee - Service Representative in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for less than a year

Pros

24 has good equipment and a lot of the members are nice.

Cons

Corporate sucks. They cut the pay rate, and when I decided to step down from lead, even though I was an employee before the cut rate, my pay went from 10 to minimum wage, instead of back to the 8.84 I had before I became lead. They don't care about their low wage employees, they're bad at developing their managers, and they don't really have development opportunities unless you're looking to go to club or district... manager.

Advice to Management

Get it together, treat your low wage staff better and give them a reason to actually want to work there, since you won't pay them well.

24 Hour Fitness2018-11-13
  9. "it you're into fitness, you'll enjoy this job"

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time

Pros

commission friendly environment different customers each day, not a retail job room for growth, because its such a big company highly recommend for people who know how to communicate with others

Cons

pay is mainly through commission, unless you're happy with minimum wage. traffic varies among clubs.

24 Hour Fitness2018-10-04

"Operations Manager"

Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

•atmosphere is fun •meet great people (members and team members) •free membership for you and family •discount personal training

Cons

•High turnover (frontline team members) •Lack of holding your team accountable bc of fear of losing them. •lowered standards as manager due to low pay for team members •life work balance Had to set my expectations low when recruiting bc couldn’t find any quality employees. They usually turn down the job due to pay. As a manager had to lower my standards and settle for team members that usually wouldn’t be hired.... Accountability is thrown out the window bc you can’t hold or build a great team at minimum wage. No time to manage bc we are always recruiting. No time to develop our current team bc we are always looking to hire. It’s gotten so ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Advice do CEO. If you care about your team then take care of them. This $7.25/Hour is ridiculous. You will lose a lot of amazing managers due to the lack of managing we are doing. We are just trying to survive daily.

24 Hour Fitness2018-09-09