KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

24 Hour Home Care Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2022

Found 333 of over 360 reviews

4.3
24 Hour Home Care CEO David Allerby (no image)
David Allerby

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

7h

a

Registered Nurse

Looking for ideas for a slight "career change". I can't stand working bedside/acute care nursing anymore, officially burnt out. Does anyone have any experience with informatics based nursing jobs, or clinical documentation specialist positions? EMR auditing? Remote jobs? Pros/cons? Do you find there are part time positions available? I don't have my masters just my BSN/RB, nor do I plan on going back for my masters, would possibly consider a certification if really necessary.

3 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are great(in 17 reviews)
  • "People are all around great(in 15 reviews)
  • "Hires great staff(in 12 reviews)
  • "The HR team is a great team to be apart of always providing support and there to answer questions when you get stuck.(in 10 reviews)
  • "The culture is great and you get to work with talented hard working individuals.(in 10 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of 24 Hour Home Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Love the company

Jun 25, 2022 - In Home Caregiver in Riverside, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great customer service Can always get a hold of someone to help Simple timesheet and GPS clock in

Cons

Closed on weekends in case we have questions

2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Find another agency

Jul 24, 2022 - Currently Unemployed And Seeking Work
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have met some wonderful connections from other caregivers/nurses to clients seeking care. Also being able to choose my own hours was a plus since I like to keep my schedule full.

Cons

Terrible customer service on the phone making it very difficult to get in contact with anyone who actually knows something. It seems the people on the phone only know how to take notes & they refuse to give number or even email to contact HR. Several of my paychecks had been delayed. And of the millions of texts they send for jobs hardly any were in the area I was assigned to. This lead to wasting gas they don’t reimburse you for. On top of all of that, when they raised the rates on clients they claimed it was for employees to get a raise. We found that was false because I among several other employees I asked never seen a raise. I have never experienced anything like this before

24 Hour Home Care Response

Vice President, Operations

Thank you for your feedback. I'd love the opportunity to help resolve your concerns. Please reach out to me directly at your convenience. Jeff Daignault Vice President, Operations Direct # 310-846-4937 Email: jeff@24hrcares.com

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Flexible hours, low pay

Jul 20, 2022 - Home Health Caregiver in Culver City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best reason to work here is the flexible hours, which is great for parents of small children.

Cons

They barely pay minimum wage, which is absurd for California. If you are full time, you would need to work all the hours you can just to pay to run your car. It’s ok only if you need to supplement your income.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Flexable hours

Jun 2, 2022 - Caregiver
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved that the hours were very flexible! The management was very understanding.

Cons

Sometimes you'd deal with clients that had deeper health issues than let on and it was outside of my job title and I did not feel comfortable at times. It would have been better if I was informed before going. I'm not sure if it was due to the clients being untruthful or management.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Solid Business that is good to workers

May 11, 2022 - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture. People are very friendly, and management is very good! Especially the Operations Manager

Cons

Work can get a bit monotonous.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Last option

Jun 13, 2022 - Caregiver in Ventura, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can choose your own clients and schedule. Applying is easy.

Cons

They will not pay you on time, they will make you wait a month until you are paid. They won’t help you with finding another client. Be sure to get the name of the person you are communicating on the phone with because you will get different answers to the same question/questions you have.

7. 5.0

They Care

Apr 27, 2022 - Human Resources Coordinator in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They create a Very good culture for employees

Cons

A bit unorganized. Sometimes it's not clear who is in charge of what

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Apr 22, 2022 - Respite Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Efficient, orderly, nothing too bad

Cons

Pay could be better. It's what is expected though

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Learn a ton, great entry level role

Apr 18, 2022 - Talent Acquisition Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

The onboarding and training experience is great, you learn all about recruitment, human resources, and administrative support. Everyone I work with is really kind and caring, there is good work life balance and respect from others.

Cons

It's a high volume job hiring caregivers and there's a lost of non-responsiveness to the job recs after someone has applied they won't answer my calls or texts

10. 2.0

Avoid

Apr 29, 2022 - Coordinator in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great, friendly company

Cons

There is not room for growth and employees are overworked but underpaid

Viewing 1 - 10 of 333 Reviews

24 Hour Home Care Reviews FAQs

24 Hour Home Care has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 360 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at 24 Hour Home Care to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, 24 Hour Home Care employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at 24 Hour Home Care. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

79% of 24 Hour Home Care employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated 24 Hour Home Care 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at 24 Hour Home Care to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, compensation.

Popular Careers with 24 Hour Home Care Job Seekers