24 Seven Talent Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Celeste Gudas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Stocked kitchen, back massages (if you can book an appointment which is really tough), ice cream Thursdays in the Summer (in 13 reviews)

• Staffing is not for the faint of heart so the culture here is one that promotes a work-life balance and, dare I say it, fun (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There could be a bit more flexibility in terms of work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• There is another review from me on here which is positive- that's because upper management BEGGED my team to get on here and write positive reviews (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

24Seven is truly an exceptional company to work for. Leadership provides the support you need to be successful. They do not micromanage but are 100% there when you need help or advice.

The environment is very positive- we work hard but everyone is encouraging and has a team mentality. There is also huge opportunity for upward movement and increased compensation. Each individual is largely in control of their total comp which is exciting and motivating.

I would definitely recommend 24Seven to anyone looking for a new position. I am lucky to be part of such an amazing team

Cons

There could be a bit more flexibility in terms of work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing :)

Sep 2, 2016 – Marketing Assistant

What a compliment! We are so pleased to hear about your experience at 24 Seven. We plan to continue to do the best we can in ensuring success and happiness. Thank you for your hard work and... More

2. "Love this company"

I have been working at 24 Seven Talent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

24 Seven is an amazing company to work for. They value their employees and provide room for growth as well as promote from within. I've built a career I can be really proud of here. Plus the company's mission, helping people find jobs, is one you can feel proud of.

Cons

No flexible schedule/ Summer Fridays

Advice to Management

Flexibility is important to people today, might be something to consider.

Jul 27, 2017 – Marketing Assistant

Thank you for providing your insight. We are pleased you are able to utilize the opportunities 24 Seven provides and wish you nothing but success in your career!

3. "Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 24 Seven Talent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the creative space, love the people, love the culture, love the CEO - amazing talent internally and externally

Cons

wish we were in more markets - I know we are working on that but want the opportunity to refer more people

Advice to Management

Hire great leaders that inspire and hire great people! Stay close to your markets and make sure you have great leaders representing the brand in every market!

4. "There's a high turn over rate for a reason"

I worked at 24 Seven Talent full-time

Pros

Meeting some great people and the food

Cons

Unorganized management, verbal harassment, bullying, favoritism, and upper management literally ignore internal complaints or tell you to "push the restart button".

Advice to Management

Create a more supportive atmosphere and hold proper people accountable for their actions.

Jul 25, 2017 – Marketing Assistant

We apologize if you feel you have been treated poorly, we assure you that is not our intent. 24 Seven tries to provide a supportive and transparent culture among its employees and management. We are... More

5. "Freelance Talent"

Current Employee - Freelance Graphic Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Freelance Graphic Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at 24 Seven Talent (More than a year)

Pros

Fast placement, decent rate for freelancers.

Cons

Freelance clients are disrespectful and complain about the rate, noting that the agency overcharges them for talent, as a result your rates are made transparent to employees which causes contempt on site.

Advice to Management

Please inform the clients not share or gossip about rates of the contractor. I'm unsure what the relationship that 24 seven has with the client , but if the client has the inability to afford the contractor rates it unfair to guilt trip them onsite.

Jun 19, 2017 – Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry you were exposed to such conversations! This is the first time we've heard of such a thing and will definitely be mindful of the issue moving forward... More

"Mediocre."

Former Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in New York, NY

I worked at 24 Seven Talent (More than 3 years)

Pros

Uncapped commission structure. Stocked fridge with snacks and beverages. Holiday party. Ice cream Thursdays from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Onsite masseuse (if you can snag an appointment). Internal competitions to keep people semi-engaged.

Cons

Very little career progression. No increase to annual base pay even after you're promoted in title. No transparency from leadership. Mediocre commission structure compared to other recruitment agencies. Non-compete that hurts the worker bees but protects 24 Seven. Terrible MLOA policy. High turnover and instead of finding out why they take the hire, fire, hire approach. You may feel like a number at 24 Seven (it use to feel more personal which is what I loved about the company) but you'll be left alone as long as you hit your billing quota.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent especially with the Morgan Stanley "partnership" as it was coined. Lead by example - strong leadership comes from the top down. Conduct annual employee surveys to find out what you're doing well and what you could do better. Incorporate what you're finding from external employee surveys into 24 Seven's own culture; the research you're doing is compelling to retain talent so take advantage of your findings, in particular around work-life balance and the company's mission. Encourage interal collaboration vs. dog eat dog work environment. Increase base pay when someone earns a promotion. Move people around internally as an alternative means to career progression. Invest in better technology - no more paper applications!

Jun 1, 2017 – Marketing Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide constructive feedback. We appreciate your honesty and are taking your response seriously as we structure internal affairs moving forward. We wish you the best... More

7. "Best staffing agency to work for!"

I have been working at 24 Seven Talent full-time

Pros

The people that work at 24 Seven are amazing! It comes from the top and that is what has kept me motivated here.

Cons

The recruiting space is competitive but 24 Seven gives its employees the support they need to be successful.

May 15, 2017 – Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your feedback! We truly appreciate it. We are so glad to hear you're motivated and you're receiving the support you need and deserve.

8. "OK place to work"

I worked at 24 Seven Talent full-time

Pros

Location, Limited clock watching, work/life balance. I worked for 24 seven for 3 years and for the most part enjoyed my time with the company.

Cons

Very Political, Not able to work on jobs you want, Business Development Department is total mess. The quality of jobs that you get to work on are low. BD will take almost any job and they almost never get 25% fee from clients. It tends to be 20% to 15% and they are not ideal jobs.

May 23, 2017 – Marketing Assistant

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We also apologize that your experience with Business Development was less than pleasant. We take your concerns to heart and are working to create... More

9. "they listen!"

Current Employee - Vice President in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at 24 Seven Talent full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This organization is full of leaders that listen and lead. I love the brainstorm and open minded environment here. All ideas are welcome leaving no room for limitation in both career path & earning potential.

Cons

None, at least that I've seen in my 12 years here!

Apr 19, 2017 – Marketing Assistant

We pride ourselves on listening to our staff and we appreciate you taking notice! Thank you for providing your honest feedback. We are so pleased to hear about your experience over the past 12 years... More

10. "Talent Coordinator"

Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at 24 Seven Talent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

company culture, flexibility, opportunity for growth, mentorship, team work ethics

Cons

training program and base salary

Advice to Management

Instill more defined training programs for roles.

Apr 19, 2017 – Marketing Assistant

We are happy to hear of your positive experience at 24 Seven. We can't wait to see what doors of opportunity open for you!