24 Seven Talent Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2020

3.7
24 Seven Talent President Celeste Gudas (no image)
Celeste Gudas
Pros
  • "Stocked kitchen, back massages (if you can book an appointment which is really tough), ice cream Thursdays in the Summer(in 18 reviews)

• "Company culture is collaborative and fun(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management only looks at employees as production numbers, not as individuals(in 12 reviews)

• "No one can relax while on PTO because your jobs are given away(in 11 reviews)

1. "Good company"

Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at 24 Seven Talent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very helpful leadership, good pay, fun environment

Cons

Need more up to date training material

April 21, 2020Marketing Manager

Thanks for your feedback!

2. "BDM"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 24 Seven Talent full-time

Pros

Female ran company - CEO is amazing

Cons

No work life balance

April 21, 2020Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing!

3. "My 24 Seven Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 24 Seven Talent full-time for more than a year

Pros

In October 2018, after over 17 years in the tradeshow business, I made the decision to switch careers and took on the role as Business Development Manager here at 24 Seven, Inc. Staffing and recruiting was completely new to me. There was a lot of uncertainty and excitement, all going on at the same time. Over the last year and a half, I’ve made significant progress. Last year I was promoted to Sr Business Development Manager and in January I was honored at the company annual Presidents Club in Antigua, as the 2019 Margin Master! Of course I worked very hard this past year to achieve these accomplishments, but I could not have done it alone. The management and commodity of my peers here at 24 Seven played a significant role in my success. They offer an amazing onboarding/training program that is designed to set you up for success. The senior management team doesn’t sit in offices, behind closed doors, they are right in the trenches with you. I’ve experienced tons of support from the team leads and support staff. The goals and matrix are clear and achievable. I can honestly say you are set up for success and given to tools and support to meet, and surpass, your goals. In addition to all that, you’re made to feel part of a family here at 24 Seven and offered a work/life balance, which is very important. Finishing off 2019 with the trip to Antigua for the Presidents Club retreat was VERY special. While it’s nice being honored for your achievements, spending time with, and getting to know your peers from offices all across the country, was very cool. It was an experience I will never forget! I know I made the right decision starting my new career here and I’m excited for my future at 24 Seven. Whether you’re looking to build a team, find a new job, or begin a career in staffing and recruiting, start your search at 24 Seven!

Cons

My only complaint is my commute, but I love where I live so I don't want to move. I have carpool buddy, so that helps! :)

February 19, 2020Marketing Manager

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We're so glad to have you as part of the 24 Seven family!

4. "Trip to Antigua for President's Club Winners"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at 24 Seven Talent full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a winner of the annual President's Club award this year, I was fortunate enough to go on the company trip to Antigua. This trip was absolutely incredible- everything was coordinated so well, and from start to finish, I (and my guest) had the best time! Whether you wanted to snorkel, pet stingrays, tour the rain forest, or relax with a massage in the spa- everything was offered to you. The food was incredible, the views from the spectacular rooms were stunning, and the camaraderie created among the teams was so much fun. 24 Seven really thought of everything! This trip definitely motivates me to want to win next year so that I can go back to this paradise!

Cons

Not a darn thing! :)

February 14, 2020Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing!

"Avoid! This company has lost it's way."

1.0
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at 24 Seven Talent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Prior to the changes at the company, this was a great place to work. I can no longer endorse any aspects of this company as of 2020.

Cons

Ever since Morgan Stanley came onboard to help make 24 Seven into the next Creative Circle, the company has lost its way. Here a couple of examples: 1 - Pay scale and commissions has been shifted from favorable to miserable. You used to be able to make good money on the sales side at this company. That is no longer the case. 2 - Favoritism runs rampant at this company. From the top all the way down to the bottom. If you're not a favorite, don't expect to make any money. and expect a difficult path forward. We had a large office, and it was clear by the payouts, who was a favorite and who was not. 3 - This company does not "officially" let employees leave before 6PM. The last hour in our office was absolutely a waste. We had few clients that were in their office past 5PM. The CEO is a stickler on this and out of touch with the industry the company is serving. 4 - PTO and time-off is a joke at this company. Need to have surgery? Too bad. Car accident? Too bad. Death in the family? Too bad. There is no leniency at this company for anything. You'll lose your seat if you can't make it in to work. They could care less about anything happening in your personal life. 5 - Upper management is a joke. In my professional history, I have never seen such behavior from an upper management team. Here are a few examples: badmouthing your employees and mistakenly CC'ing them on the email, after-work drug use with employees, asking your employees to do personal favors - get dry-cleaning, make dinner reservations, pick up groceries, protecting employees that are underperforming and have no business in the company because they are "favorites" or have been with the company for a long time. 6 - Their strategy for besting the competition - poach their talent. Always concerned about other companies like Creative Circle, and not enough with their own.

March 10, 2020Marketing Manager

We appreciate your feedback and take these reviews into consideration as we make adjustments internally.

"Happiness and success depends on your role and what you're looking for"

Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at 24 Seven Talent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you are a recruiter and meeting your targets (which the management monitors very closely) you will make a decent commission, and if you work with people you enjoy you'll likely be comfortable in the office environment. If you work in an administrative/operational role, you won't be considered as important to the overall success of the company as recruiters and business development.

Cons

Little room for growth for employees in administrative roles. Fairly archaic rules and clear favoritism make being a more junior employee very uncomfortable.

February 4, 2020Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience.

7. "Extremely professional"

I have been working at 24 Seven Talent

Pros

Excellent communication and great team of people

Cons

I do not have any to mention

January 9, 2020Marketing Manager

Thanks for sharing!

"Read in between the lines"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager

I worked at 24 Seven Talent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

24 Seven has connections to the beauty, fashion and marketing agencies world. If you're lucky enough to be added on any of those accounts for recruiting or sales, you'll get some easy money to cushion your numbers and have an enjoyable experience. The team they built are a fun group of hard working individuals, who are driven behind sales. There's occasional catered lunches/snacks and free coffee. Bottom line, people stay at 24 Seven because you can go from making 40K - 50K to well into six figures in a year's time. Same situation as every sales job without any extra benefit.

Cons

- There is no real training. They expect every new hire to start producing day one and give unattainable goals for employees to “strive for more” (but blame you for not meeting them) - The managers have little to no understanding of how to help develop their direct reports besides criticizing your work in hopes you’ll learn from your mistakes. - No resources to do your job. They expect you to use your basic LinkedIn profile and share a LinkedIn Premium account. No lunch and learns. - They teach the sales team to pick up any and all job orders, so the sales team make empty promises to clients and expect you to fill it with no candidates in your inventory. - Management promotes a “push back culture”. Its the sales team responsibility to “make the recruiters” get them candidates and the recruiters have to update the sales team every second, but are the main point of contact to clients after the job order is picked up. This causes unnecessary tension between the two teams. - There are NO raises for promotions or yearly adjustment. You may beg and get a 5K adjustment, but it's up to you to ask for it. No one will offer it. - No flexibility in hours or WFH. Absolutely zero. Management insults you with “early 15 minutes off” 30 minutes before closing and you have too much stuff to do to leave early anyways. - The benefits are awful. A family of 4 pays 13,000 in medical insurance a year. - You don’t get 401K until your 1st full year

Continue reading

"If you're a robot with no culture"

1.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 24 Seven Talent full-time

Pros

- Earning potential - Extensive training - Call on companies you like

Cons

- They require you to be a robot. Calls during strict hours. Must use words/scripts given to you. Entire day is on a strict schedule. - No work/ life balance - Management treats you like a child regardless of experience

"Love working here!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at 24 Seven Talent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Earning potential with uncapped commission! - Excellent PTO that goes up with tenure - Great perks and benefits - Growth potential - Beautiful office - IT team is always on top of things

Cons

I cant stop eating all the snacks in the kitchen.

November 14, 2019Marketing Manager