24Hr HomeCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 5, 2018

3.9
David Allerby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This company truly cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment" (in 10 reviews)

• "Great company culture, game breaks to help build relationships" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-Life balance used to be a huge issue seems they've since fixed that problem" (in 11 reviews)

• "Long hours, immature team at times," (in 7 reviews)

1. "Best senior job(:"

Current Employee - Senior Caregiver in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Caregiver in Torrance, CA

I have been working at 24Hr HomeCare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love taking care of th elders and this company really works with my school schedule (:!

Cons

Shifts are sent my calls , emails, or emails sometimes others can pick up the shift you’d like before you only bad thing

Advice to Management

They are open 24Hr so they will help you with any questions

Oct 24, 2018 – Digital Communications Specialist

Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time to review 24Hr HomeCare. We are thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your job with our company thus far! We take pride in being flexible with our care... More

2. "Respite Care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I have been working at 24Hr HomeCare part-time

Pros

The supervisors and families I have worked with have all been very respectful.

Cons

It's a work when you want job so trying to pick up a shift is very difficult since a lot of other employees are also trying to pick up the same shifts that you want.

Advice to Management

Please find a way to make respite shifts more available.

Nov 5, 2018 – Digital Communications Specialist

Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time to review 24Hr HomeCare. We take all of our reviews very seriously, as we are always looking for ways to improve! We take your review and your words very... More

3. "Talent Acquisition Coordinator"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 24Hr HomeCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team bonding events, supportive culture, monthly bonus upon hitting goals, independent work, recruiting presentations, networking via LinkedIn, hands-on supportive management.

Cons

Branch office is remote from support center, sometimes feelings of disconnect arise, gaps in email communications, can be extremely fast paced recruiting environment without in person support of another coordinator.

Advice to Management

Ensure all offices have both talent acquisition coordinator and sales and recruiting manager to provide assistance and back up when needed.

Sep 26, 2018 – Digital Communications Specialist

Hi there!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to review 24Hr HomeCare! We take pride in our culture and the efforts we have put forward to create a supportive work environment for our wonderful... More

4. "Overworked and not worth it- care coordinator"

Former Employee - Care Coordinator in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Care Coordinator in El Segundo, CA

I worked at 24Hr HomeCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You’ll find the best people on your team that will go above and beyond the call of duty to help clients get staffed.

Cons

Be prepared to be taken advantage of. OT seems mandatory and you never know when you’re going home. Turn over rate is high as a result... not a lot of people stay at the company because of the stress. Care coordinators more or less are telemarketers for the company calling/texting/emailing upon its caregivers to take the worse shifts imaginable for minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Compensate your caregivers more for the hard work they are doing to keep you’re company a float. You can continue to relay on your care coordinators to staff caregivers who aren’t willing to do the work for bare minimum.

Sep 27, 2018 – Digital Communications Specialist

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review 24Hr HomeCare. We take all reviews very seriously, as we are constantly looking to improve the employee experience here at 24Hr HomeCare... More

5. "Wonderful Company"

I have been working at 24Hr HomeCare full-time

Pros

- Truly the most caring, supportive, respectful, and encouraging company and colleagues I've had the pleasure of working with in my career
    - Team members are very friendly - everyone cultivates a culture in which genuinely helping one another is commonplace and all questions are respected
    - Company management is invested in the development of their employees - encourages employees to grow in their positions and within the company

Cons

- Offices are spread out and could be challenging to keep the company unified but management does make a genuine effort to create a cohesive and seamless environment

Advice to Management

Stay true to your core values and you'll continue the growth of this wonderful company

Sep 10, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback!

6. "In home care"

Former Employee - Caregiver in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at 24Hr HomeCare part-time

Pros

Fast hiring process, proactive with finding clients for employees, compensated well.

Cons

The staff members would constantly change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Aug 2, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you!

7. "An incredible place to work!"

I worked at 24Hr HomeCare full-time

Pros

Working at 24Hr HomeCare does require a lot of hard work and determination, but those who have a positive attitude and strong work ethic are well rewarded. The owners and upper management exemplify the company's motto and values. They are willing to give people the chance to advance their careers fairly quickly if that individual shows that they are dedicated. The culture of the company is incredible and unparalleled; everyone is like family and it is a work hard, play hard kind of atmosphere.

Cons

Home care can be a very challenging industry, but I feel the company does its best to support its employees and give them the tools and training they need in order to handle some of the more stressful or difficult situations they may face.

Advice to Management

Never lose your heart! It is what sets 24Hr HomeCare apart from everyone else.

Aug 2, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback!

"Love working here"

Current Employee - Marketing Department in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Department in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at 24Hr HomeCare full-time

Pros

Very fun, young work culture, great co-workers, great work-life balance, caring management, casual dress code, rewards & perks, birthdays off, volunteer time-off, stocked kitchen.

Cons

Pay is just okay, technology is lacking (most employees don't get laptops so it's hard to WFH), no 401k until you've been here a year & no 401k matching.

Advice to Management

Your employees care about their future - not having a 401k for a year & no matching is a big downside to working here.

Aug 27, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback!

9. "Cool Company"

Current Employee - Program Coordinator Assistant
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator Assistant

I have been working at 24Hr HomeCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is so up-beat and positive. Things are constantly changing/improving.

Cons

Some offices are a little disorganized.

Aug 27, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback, glad to hear you enjoy the positive work environment - we hope to keep improving!

10. "I love it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at 24Hr HomeCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best culture I have experienced in a work environment, the support from upper management is helpful and the owners are awesome!

Cons

Very fast paced and not for the faint of heart!

Advice to Management

It has been a pleasure working here. If you continue to ensure your employees have a pleasant experience along with your clients this company will continue to grow!