24Hr HomeCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
David Allerby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This company truly cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment" (in 10 reviews)

• "Great company culture, game breaks to help build relationships" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-Life balance used to be a huge issue seems they've since fixed that problem" (in 11 reviews)

• "Long hours, immature team at times," (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best home care agency there is"

Current Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at 24Hr HomeCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love 24hr because they go over and beyond make things happen and words can’t describe how much I love my job they are so understanding and caring I take my job seriously wouldn’t have it any other way once again I can go on and on about how much I love 24hr care Shelby is the best and Phylicia are by far my favorite employees and Jesse great staff keep up good work love you guys

Cons

I feel every one has downfall I haven’t had one yet

Advice to Management

Some of the caregivers need to be a little more nicer speak and smile at all times a lot of them have came to work non verbal I don’t like that please speak and smile at all times

Jan 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback - we love hearing great things about our amazing team members!

2. "An incredible place to work!"

I worked at 24Hr HomeCare full-time

Pros

Working at 24Hr HomeCare does require a lot of hard work and determination, but those who have a positive attitude and strong work ethic are well rewarded. The owners and upper management exemplify the company's motto and values. They are willing to give people the chance to advance their careers fairly quickly if that individual shows that they are dedicated. The culture of the company is incredible and unparalleled; everyone is like family and it is a work hard, play hard kind of atmosphere.

Cons

Home care can be a very challenging industry, but I feel the company does its best to support its employees and give them the tools and training they need in order to handle some of the more stressful or difficult situations they may face.

Advice to Management

Never lose your heart! It is what sets 24Hr HomeCare apart from everyone else.

Aug 2, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback!

3. "In home care"

Former Employee - Caregiver in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at 24Hr HomeCare part-time

Pros

Fast hiring process, proactive with finding clients for employees, compensated well.

Cons

The staff members would constantly change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Aug 2, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you!

"Love working here"

Current Employee - Marketing Department in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Department in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at 24Hr HomeCare full-time

Pros

Very fun, young work culture, great co-workers, great work-life balance, caring management, casual dress code, rewards & perks, birthdays off, volunteer time-off, stocked kitchen.

Cons

Pay is just okay, technology is lacking (most employees don't get laptops so it's hard to WFH), no 401k until you've been here a year & no 401k matching.

Advice to Management

Your employees care about their future - not having a 401k for a year & no matching is a big downside to working here.

5. "Cool Company"

Current Employee - Program Coordinator Assistant
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator Assistant

I have been working at 24Hr HomeCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is so up-beat and positive. Things are constantly changing/improving.

Cons

Some offices are a little disorganized.

6. "Bad Place to Work"

Former Employee - Home Health Caregiver in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Home Health Caregiver in San Diego, CA

I worked at 24Hr HomeCare (More than a year)

Pros

The pay looks good if it is 12 hors shift. They pay strictly by law, holidays and overtime.

Cons

80% of my shifts were cancelled in less than 24 hours. Sometimes less than 12 hours, sometimes when you already drove 40 minutes to client's house and there is other caregiver. You have no consistency in salary.
    The company DOES NOT CARE about you. Managers are on agenda to make money, they lie about clients to have covered clients that no-one wants to work with. Like people who are trying to commit suicide or those who might hit a caregiver. Never felt safe.
    Managers have no supervisors- there no one yo complain about their actions. Whatever they do to you like for example forget to say that your shift is cancelled, there is no one to complain. Once I asked a manager to give me her supervisor phone number-she simply hanged up on me and didn't pick up the phone again.
    When I had my intro with company they said that they will give recommendations after all-guess what? After 1,5 years I asked for one but of course didn't get it. Lies are a part of corporate culture. The same with benefits and medical insurance they put in job offers-none.

Advice to Management

Invest in those who work good instead of trying to hire as much people as possible because most good caregivers quit after a while.
    Have supervisors that on caregivers side-caregivers are those who go out there and actually make you money.

7. "Ok Job"

Pros

You get to pick which hours to work
    Will let you work overtime

Cons

Clients may cancel an hour before shift and you don't get paid for it
    You have to cancel a scheduled shift 24-48hrs in advance or else you get a ding. Two dings and you're out

"Care Coordinator"

I have been working at 24Hr HomeCare full-time

Pros

Work Schedule, Learning and Work Experience, Great Company Culture.

Cons

Pay, Work load, Communication, and Management.

9. "Care Coordinator"

I worked at 24Hr HomeCare full-time

Pros

-pay
    -casual dress code
    -hours
    -Tyner was very kind to everyone, no matter what their position was. He would walk into the office and say “hi” to everyone. If he noticed someone new, he would go out of his way to introduce himself. He was the only one who seemed genuine.

Cons

-working all holidays
    -large workload, resulting in burnout
    -huge culture disparity between after hours team and day hours team
    -loud work environment
    -lack of support from upper management
    -poor work/life balance
    -there are people who do the bare minimum because they know they can get away with it

Advice to Management

For people invested in the company, you should give them options of not working every holiday. Perhaps, there should be rotating holidays.

10. "CNA/Caregiver"

Current Employee - CNA/Care Giver in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - CNA/Care Giver in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 24Hr HomeCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro is working with good clients. You develop a relationship with them and generally start caring about them.

Cons

If you work a 12 hour night shift you don’t get paid overtime due to the fact that the work day ends at 11:59pm.

Advice to Management

Stop with the shady business practices.