24Hr Homecare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
David Allerby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This company truly cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment (in 10 reviews)

• Great company culture, game breaks to help build relationships (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance used to be a huge issue seems they've since fixed that problem (in 10 reviews)

• Long hours, immature team at times, (in 7 reviews)

1. "Customer Service"

Pros

Easy, fun, surrounded by fitness, and great managment

Cons

little hours and pay

Advice to Management

My manager is great!

2. "caregiver"

I have been working at 24Hr Homecare full-time

Pros

very professional company cares about the clients

Cons

nothing bad to me so far

Apr 4, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback!

"Not Bad, Definitely Not Good"

Current Employee - Account Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at 24Hr Homecare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a decent training program and teaches entry level employees a lot about the home care industry. The people, namely entry level positions, get along well more or less. Most employees are very young (twenties) which contributes to the overall vibe of the office. Multiple locations available for employment and corporate office is very nice.

Cons

Unfortunately, a lot of cons. First, with most of the employees being so young, their hiring process almost comes off as ageist. Second, they devote a lot of time and energy into the company "culture," however, they really only promote things that they can be flashy with on social media. For example, they have a nice looking office, nice kitchen with perks, games, etc., and they leverage this for Instagram and LinkedIn purposes. But substantively, the culture is pretty horrid. Employees are overworked, employees' workloads are overwhelming, hours are terrible, upper management is unresponsive, development beyond the intro training is limited, advancement opportunities are slim, and they will find any excuse they can to not give you a raise. Upper management is very sales-focused and focuses time and energy on making themselves and the company look great, rather than investing in anything that can actually make them great. Third, upper management does not contribute enough to the overall operations. Most have been with the company for a long time and feel that they have "put in their dues" so to speak and rather allocate work than complete themselves. Lastly, the care they provide to actual families and clients is extremely sub-par. It would be rewarding for employees if they could feel good about the help/caregivers they provide, but unfortunately most clients are left having been over-promised. This information can be directly substantiated by a third party rating system that rates companies in their given industry.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation where it counts. Recognize employees' successes relative to their work, not how well they do in some random office contest. Recognize the workload on lower level employees and allocate more effectively/fairly. Compensate employees based on performance and not strictly title and tenure. Get in the weeds and do more work personally to support your teams. Be. More. Responsive. Or responsive at all.

Apr 4, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your training and working with our amazing team members! As a company this year, our top priorities are to focus on our Client Experience... More

"Great opportunity, but not for everyone"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at 24Hr Homecare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training programs! Offers you a lot of opportunity to show what you've got via working with the higher ups on the Sales and Ops teams for up to a week at a time at the corporate HQ.
    Very friendly work environment from corporate to local offices
    Very fulfilling work that allows you to help elderly or kids with disabilities

Cons

Due to the structure of the company, opportunities to move up can be difficult to come by. Really depends on expansion of the company or other senior leadership moving into a higher role or leaving.
    Work-Life balance used to be a huge issue seems they've since fixed that problem.
    Could use more transparency between corporate and the satellite offices.
    Not necessarily a con - but this is a very fast-paced work environment that keeps you on your toes at all times. If you don't like to be go-go-go all the time then this might not be for you.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with employees about the future of the company, often times can have a lot of "smoke and mirrors" with regards to future plans for the company.
    Open up more pathways for advancement.

Apr 4, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback - we love hearing what we are doing well and ways we can improve!

5. "Caregiver"

Current Employee - Caregiver in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 24Hr Homecare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relatively easy. Helping out people in need.

Cons

Not fullfilling work. Not what I want to be doing.

6. "Best home care agency there is"

Current Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at 24Hr Homecare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love 24hr because they go over and beyond make things happen and words can’t describe how much I love my job they are so understanding and caring I take my job seriously wouldn’t have it any other way once again I can go on and on about how much I love 24hr care Shelby is the best and Phylicia are by far my favorite employees and Jesse great staff keep up good work love you guys

Cons

I feel every one has downfall I haven’t had one yet

Advice to Management

Some of the caregivers need to be a little more nicer speak and smile at all times a lot of them have came to work non verbal I don’t like that please speak and smile at all times

Jan 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback - we love hearing great things about our amazing team members!

7. "care giver"

Former Employee - Caregiver in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at 24Hr Homecare (Less than a year)

Pros

good team work spirit, good pay

Cons

unstable work plan and unplanned shifts

Advice to Management

prior planning for work

8. "Owners care for their employees"

Current Employee - Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at 24Hr Homecare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have never work for a company that the owner were involved in every aspect of the business. All 3 are kind. Will to help in any way they could. They hired a management team that reflects the company moto. There is always training available. They hire from within so it is up to you how far you would like to get with your career. The owners offer snacks and drinks to all employees. There is a culture at 24hr Homecare that is unlike no other. 24hr Homecare is involved in Giving Back to the community and they show it in several ways, Alzheimers walk, you drives, Movemeber which is awesome. I would still be with 24hr Homecare if it was not for medical issues taking me out of state.
    Lastly, I would recommend 24hr Homecare to anyone.

Cons

For me the drive was long. I don't have any Cons besides that.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about your employees. You all 3 have hearts of gold and that is very rare i n these times.

Jan 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback! :)

"Worst Agency Ive ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Caregiver in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Caregiver in San Diego, CA

I worked at 24Hr Homecare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I did have schedule flexibility as long as there was work availability. You can aggregate sick pay over the year.

Cons

Pay attention to the fact that all the positive reviews are from employees working less than a year and the negative ones are from employees who have been with them longer. There is literally no hierarchy here. Any issues are dealt with by the care coordinators/schedulers. Any time I asked to speak with HR or a supervisor, they flat out refused. They sent me to jobs that didnt exist and addresses when the client was in the hospital and not home. They will not be flexible with you. If youre ill, you must have a doctors note or call in 48 hrs before your shift to avoid penalty points. They do not pay overtime through graveyard shifts. Because of a no show on a 24hr case, I had to continue working for a total of 17 hours and I only received one hour of overtime. Additionally, they hired me in April 2017 at $11 and hour and in October 2017, they lowered pay rates to $10.50. That is a huge indication on the turnover and health of the company. I finally had to file a wage claim to get a check reissued because its been two weeks and I still havent received it. I resigned and still havent received my final check. When I called about it, they told me I wasnt getting my check because I owed them money for overpayment on a job that I never went to and someone was supposed to have reached out to me on that already, which no one had. When I questioned them on the nature of the overpayment, they said nevermind, its a mistake. I am also still getting emails for open shifts a week after I quit. Its complete incompetence. Four different people asked for my updated car insurance and I kept sending it only to have a different person ask me a week later. I have no idea who these people were either. I hardly talked to the same scheduler twice. Many of them seem to leave within months.
    I highly discourage anyone from applying here. You will not make any money. They will screw up your schedule. They wont care if you have a life outside work or a personal emergency. They dont care about you or value you. Their priority is getting a shift filled so they get paid for filling it. Im worse off financially a year later than I was when I first started for them. If you get injured, they will not send you for workers comp. I injured my back and received points for calling out because I could not get a doctors note due to no insurance. I wish I had thought better to file a complaint but I was a brand new employee at the time and didnt want to ruffle feathers. I was sexually harassed by one of their clients who had an existing sexual harassment lawsuit through the company as well. They did nothing to protect their employees or warn them about the potential for a difficult client or environment. The only thing this company cares about is making a profit.

Advice to Management

Change your management style because this profits-only thinking is unsustainable. Get competent care coordinators that know how to do their job and do it well. Figure out a way to reduce what must be a horrific turnover rate with your employees. Try using an open door policy so that your employees have a way to feel their needs are being met and their concerns are heard instead of having care coordinators deal with it and shut employees down.

Dec 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I am very sorry to hear you had a poor experience working with our company. We want to investigate this further, so please reach out to our HR Business... More

"Know what you are signing up for"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at 24Hr Homecare full-time

Pros

Benefits such as gym coverage, clothing reimbursement, snacks, etc..

Cons

Rough work life balance, long hours, difficult to please management, shady business practices, excessive paperwork

Advice to Management

Value work life balance, don't demonize sick days, value integrity and honesty, promote a healthy work environment that involves some fresh air every here and there