24Hr Homecare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
David Allerby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This company truly cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment" (in 10 reviews)

• "Great company culture, game breaks to help build relationships" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-Life balance used to be a huge issue seems they've since fixed that problem" (in 11 reviews)

• "Long hours, immature team at times," (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Owners care for their employees"

Current Employee - Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at 24Hr Homecare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have never work for a company that the owner were involved in every aspect of the business. All 3 are kind. Will to help in any way they could. They hired a management team that reflects the company moto. There is always training available. They hire from within so it is up to you how far you would like to get with your career. The owners offer snacks and drinks to all employees. There is a culture at 24hr Homecare that is unlike no other. 24hr Homecare is involved in Giving Back to the community and they show it in several ways, Alzheimers walk, you drives, Movemeber which is awesome. I would still be with 24hr Homecare if it was not for medical issues taking me out of state.
    Lastly, I would recommend 24hr Homecare to anyone.

Cons

For me the drive was long. I don't have any Cons besides that.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about your employees. You all 3 have hearts of gold and that is very rare i n these times.

Jan 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback! :)

2. "Customer Service"

Pros

Easy, fun, surrounded by fitness, and great managment

Cons

little hours and pay

Advice to Management

My manager is great!

3. "Bad Place to Work"

Former Employee - Home Health Caregiver in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Home Health Caregiver in San Diego, CA

I worked at 24Hr Homecare (More than a year)

Pros

The pay looks good if it is 12 hors shift. They pay strictly by law, holidays and overtime.

Cons

80% of my shifts were cancelled in less than 24 hours. Sometimes less than 12 hours, sometimes when you already drove 40 minutes to client's house and there is other caregiver. You have no consistency in salary.
    The company DOES NOT CARE about you. Managers are on agenda to make money, they lie about clients to have covered clients that no-one wants to work with. Like people who are trying to commit suicide or those who might hit a caregiver. Never felt safe.
    Managers have no supervisors- there no one yo complain about their actions. Whatever they do to you like for example forget to say that your shift is cancelled, there is no one to complain. Once I asked a manager to give me her supervisor phone number-she simply hanged up on me and didn't pick up the phone again.
    When I had my intro with company they said that they will give recommendations after all-guess what? After 1,5 years I asked for one but of course didn't get it. Lies are a part of corporate culture. The same with benefits and medical insurance they put in job offers-none.

Advice to Management

Invest in those who work good instead of trying to hire as much people as possible because most good caregivers quit after a while.
    Have supervisors that on caregivers side-caregivers are those who go out there and actually make you money.

4. "Ok Job"

Pros

You get to pick which hours to work
    Will let you work overtime

Cons

Clients may cancel an hour before shift and you don't get paid for it
    You have to cancel a scheduled shift 24-48hrs in advance or else you get a ding. Two dings and you're out

"Care Coordinator"

I have been working at 24Hr Homecare full-time

Pros

Work Schedule, Learning and Work Experience, Great Company Culture.

Cons

Pay, Work load, Communication, and Management.

6. "Care Coordinator"

I worked at 24Hr Homecare full-time

Pros

-pay
    -casual dress code
    -hours
    -Tyner was very kind to everyone, no matter what their position was. He would walk into the office and say “hi” to everyone. If he noticed someone new, he would go out of his way to introduce himself. He was the only one who seemed genuine.

Cons

-working all holidays
    -large workload, resulting in burnout
    -huge culture disparity between after hours team and day hours team
    -loud work environment
    -lack of support from upper management
    -poor work/life balance
    -there are people who do the bare minimum because they know they can get away with it

Advice to Management

For people invested in the company, you should give them options of not working every holiday. Perhaps, there should be rotating holidays.

7. "CNA/Caregiver"

Current Employee - CNA/Care Giver in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - CNA/Care Giver in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 24Hr Homecare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro is working with good clients. You develop a relationship with them and generally start caring about them.

Cons

If you work a 12 hour night shift you don’t get paid overtime due to the fact that the work day ends at 11:59pm.

Advice to Management

Stop with the shady business practices.

8. "caregiver"

I have been working at 24Hr Homecare full-time

Pros

very professional company cares about the clients

Cons

nothing bad to me so far

Apr 4, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback!

"Not Bad, Definitely Not Good"

Current Employee - Account Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at 24Hr Homecare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a decent training program and teaches entry level employees a lot about the home care industry. The people, namely entry level positions, get along well more or less. Most employees are very young (twenties) which contributes to the overall vibe of the office. Multiple locations available for employment and corporate office is very nice.

Cons

Unfortunately, a lot of cons. First, with most of the employees being so young, their hiring process almost comes off as ageist. Second, they devote a lot of time and energy into the company "culture," however, they really only promote things that they can be flashy with on social media. For example, they have a nice looking office, nice kitchen with perks, games, etc., and they leverage this for Instagram and LinkedIn purposes. But substantively, the culture is pretty horrid. Employees are overworked, employees' workloads are overwhelming, hours are terrible, upper management is unresponsive, development beyond the intro training is limited, advancement opportunities are slim, and they will find any excuse they can to not give you a raise. Upper management is very sales-focused and focuses time and energy on making themselves and the company look great, rather than investing in anything that can actually make them great. Third, upper management does not contribute enough to the overall operations. Most have been with the company for a long time and feel that they have "put in their dues" so to speak and rather allocate work than complete themselves. Lastly, the care they provide to actual families and clients is extremely sub-par. It would be rewarding for employees if they could feel good about the help/caregivers they provide, but unfortunately most clients are left having been over-promised. This information can be directly substantiated by a third party rating system that rates companies in their given industry.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation where it counts. Recognize employees' successes relative to their work, not how well they do in some random office contest. Recognize the workload on lower level employees and allocate more effectively/fairly. Compensate employees based on performance and not strictly title and tenure. Get in the weeds and do more work personally to support your teams. Be. More. Responsive. Or responsive at all.

Apr 4, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your training and working with our amazing team members! As a company this year, our top priorities are to focus on our Client Experience... More

"Great opportunity, but not for everyone"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at 24Hr Homecare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training programs! Offers you a lot of opportunity to show what you've got via working with the higher ups on the Sales and Ops teams for up to a week at a time at the corporate HQ.
    Very friendly work environment from corporate to local offices
    Very fulfilling work that allows you to help elderly or kids with disabilities

Cons

Due to the structure of the company, opportunities to move up can be difficult to come by. Really depends on expansion of the company or other senior leadership moving into a higher role or leaving.
    Work-Life balance used to be a huge issue seems they've since fixed that problem.
    Could use more transparency between corporate and the satellite offices.
    Not necessarily a con - but this is a very fast-paced work environment that keeps you on your toes at all times. If you don't like to be go-go-go all the time then this might not be for you.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with employees about the future of the company, often times can have a lot of "smoke and mirrors" with regards to future plans for the company.
    Open up more pathways for advancement.

Apr 4, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback - we love hearing what we are doing well and ways we can improve!