2k Manhattan Reviews | Glassdoor

"Motivated"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at 2k Manhattan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company encourages reaching your full potential. I have had many jobs, even jobs that I thought were careers, but none felt like how I feel when I show up for work here. Everyday, I learn how to be better than who I was yesterday. I learn skills that not only help me in my professional life, but translate into my personal life. I have become stronger, mentally and emotionally, not to mention more confident and secure with my abilities. I love the training, my co-workers, and the management staff is amazing. Definitely blessed to be a part of this family.

Cons

You will be tested, mentally, emotionally, and professionally. Management does not settle for anything less than 100% effort. If you are not reaching your maximum potential, management will make your life difficult. If you are not in a space to take it to the next level, this position is not for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to raise the standards, and help us reach for the stars.

"Lies & more lies"

Former Employee - Secretary in Hackensack, NJ
    Former Employee - Secretary in Hackensack, NJ

I worked at 2k Manhattan part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You're coworkers will be the best part of this job.

Cons

When they call you to set up an interview they read from a script. No matter your education level or degrees obtained, they say the same thing to everyone. They will sell you on a position that suits what you want but are actually interviewing you for a door-to-door sales position, not business to business. They have you "shadow" an "account holder" after one of your multiple interviews. Basically you follow another sales person to a location (driving your own car, wasting your own gas) and watch as they attempt to get people in the street to buy make up. While in the field they ask if you could see yourself doing this job. You say yes and you are told to return to the office for another interview and offered a position. If you say no, they send you home. They pay next to nothing because your salary is commission based. Overall, they lie to you from the moment they meet you. Just do yourself a favor and quit while you're ahead.

Advice to Management

Be up front and honest about what position you're hiring for. And give everyone an equal opportunity if they accept the job.

"Going out on random main streets selling people cosmetics in a suit during the summer? Not for me..."

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Hackensack, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Hackensack, NJ

I worked at 2k Manhattan full-time

Pros

If your amazing at selling to random people on the street there if room for fast promotion

Cons

Over 40 hours a week
    12 hour shifts
    100% of pay is all commission

Advice to Management

Raise the commission pay

2k Manhattan Response

Sep 5, 2013 – Public Relations

2K Manhattan strives to provide a positive work environment with career opportunities to all that join our team. It is our intention to always act in the best interest of our team members and our... More

"You get what you put in"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at 2k Manhattan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Did I mention you get in what you put in? I've always been a go-getter and love that I can work as hard as I want and get to move up in the company based on my work ethic. It's the best place for people that are career-driven and don't want to base a career off seniority.

Cons

I've never managed people prior to this job and within 2 months I was responsible for overseeing the development of 3 individuals so that was a learning curve. It definitely helps if you've had prior experience in teaching and training people, but I was coached along the way.

Advice to Management

Fresh coffee and donuts every morning would be a nice touch.... :)

"Fast paced"

I worked at 2k Manhattan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team atmosphere, a lot of outgoing personalities, considerable amount of growth opportunities

Cons

I was challenged by how fast paced everything was. i was used to coming into to work and just doing my job and leaving, but this place challenged me. I've learned a lot about myself through everything and have gotten better at juggling things.

6. "Unpleasant Surprises"

I worked at 2k Manhattan full-time

Pros

You'll appreciate your next job even more.

Cons

All the negative reviews are 100% true, this company is nothing more than a pyramid scheme. They give you fancy titles to make the job seem more important than what it really is. But in all actuality they give you this fancy title of account manager so that you can work more than 40 hours a week without having to be paid overtime. They tell you that all your gas and meals will be reimbursed to you when you do your taxes, but in all actuality those type of expenses go under deductions in your taxes. You'll most likely never see that money back again. If you express any type of emotion fatigue or an opposing opinion to what the executive says they will begin to force you out. Nothing is consistent at this workplace, employees come and go some only staying for a few days or less. They hype you up so that when you're driving more than 100 miles a day, doing door-to-door sales, and walking for more than 10 hours a day you'll believe it is for a good cause. They put a daily quota on everything that you're supposed to sell, and if you don't make that daily quota they begin to force you out. They will hire anybody, even individuals with a criminal history who later on was arrested for stealing credit card information. Like most people joining this company, I wanted to believe in everything they said. I wanted to create a successful life for myself and make money. I worked there for three months before realizing that I was not having a healthy work life balance. The bottom line is you can find a better job that pays more and really cares about you as an employee.

Advice to Management

Change your business tactic, try to hire people for long-term and do what it takes to keep them happy. The revolving door business tactic it's not fair to employees.

"Waste of time and effort"

I worked at 2k Manhattan full-time

Pros

You learn a lot, work experience and life experience. Sales and management experience are the biggest positive.

Cons

The money isn't worth it and management plays favorites. Very nasty when you express any type of emotions and impossible to move on unless you schmooze your way to the top.

Advice to Management

Care about employees and show some respect

"Laughable don't waste your time - would give one star"

Pros

None, it's essentially management making money off people working for 100% commissioned salary. You need no education to do this job.

Cons

Basically a ponzi scheme, the Herbal Life of cosmetics. Regardless of what you think you may have applied for it is all for a door to door sales job pushing their product for a 100% commission based salary. The office and interview process is one giant act to recruit anyone to push their products with "get rich quick" promises. If you are actually educated and have experience they will dismiss it as interviewers went to better schools, have more houses, cars, etc. Ultimately if you are looking for a real job as posted, you will not find it here.

Advice to Management

Go to acting school, the "I'm super rich and you be can too" show you put on is laughable.

"Best Opportunity for Growth out There"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador

I have been working at 2k Manhattan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great, always feel welcomed, great work environment I love coming to work every morning, team meetings and bonding really gives this firm the upper hand. Build new networks everyday. Opportunity for promotions are always available.

Cons

A lot of hard work in a short amount of time.

Advice to Management

Having drinking water available would be great!

"It doesnt even deserve one start"

Pros

there is no real incentive to work here at all if you're an educated person

Cons

it is a pure con into making you a peddler for whatever product they come up with and then you have to go door to door selling it to people for at least a 75% mark up. they tell you theyre interviewing you for whatever bogus position and then send you out with an "account executive," to "shadow" but they dont tell you that you have to waster YOUR gas, YOUR time and YOUR money. Do not even bother applying or going to these bogus interviews.

Advice to Management

be open and honest from the get- go about what you are trying to get people to do