3 Day Blinds Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dave Hall

Pros
  • I have been employed as a Design Consultant with 3 Day Blinds for 5 years (in 7 reviews)

• Able to set own schedule, option to have holidays off ( not paid) & work from home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a fair amount of turnover in the customer service department, and working with newer reps can be an extreme challenge (in 7 reviews)

• They constantly talk about the fabulous Bonus structure yet it is near impossible to earn because they go by error rate of 1% and under (in 6 reviews)

1. "Sales/Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales in Barrington, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Barrington, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

From the training to the field, there is non better than 3 Day Blinds.
    4 weeks of intense product,design and sales training prepares you for the position.
    Our manager, Tony Tampa is top notch. He truly wants everyone to do their best and to make a great income. He trains and uses positive encouragement for better results.
    It's a wonderful opportunity to help people get superior products that fit their design style and their budget. Window treatments add one more layer to a completed look!
    The income is fabulous!

Cons

You need to be comfortable with a lot of driving. Your appointments can be far from each other.

Advice to Management

You just can't be better! We are more than fortunate to have Tony Tampa as driving our force!

2. "LMC / Field Trainer"

Current Employee - LMC/Field Trainer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - LMC/Field Trainer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love my job with 3 Day Blinds. I get to work closely with all our designers and our managers. I enjoy helping our team to be the best they can be. The support given to me to be the best help I can be to our designers is amazing. The company as a whole is the most supportive team I've ever worked with. They are always encouraging.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!!

"A great place for a Designer with drive!"

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been an interior designer for about 8 years before joining 3 Day Blinds. This is my first commission based job so I was a little nervous. But after going through the training and getting set up the way they do, I feel its a great place to be. It's a slow start at first, so don't get frustrated, but for the majority of my week, I have a full schedule of appointments, which is great that the leads come in so much! I'm in the San Diego District and I love our team here. Everyone is open to giving advice and answering questions, not just from my District Sales Manager, but also the other designers. It's refreshing to be able to work well with other designers! Tarnia is my District Sales manager and she's been a gem! I work best with positive management that's open to questions and not only is she helpful with questions, she really takes to heart questions and concerns from myself and the team. So I find myself so lucky to have been placed with a great manager! I love the job too, I'm a talker so it's fun for me to meet new clients everyday. I like that I can use my design skills everyday with clients, I wish I would of looked into this company sooner! I would recommend this for any designer that's open to change and hustle!

Cons

You've got to love this work! The hours can sometimes be long, so you really have to manage your time well. Organization is key and the technology will help you, but you have to be open to it! I don't mind it because some days can be long, other short, so its a give and take. Overall it's still pretty good. This is also made for someone that hustles! You definitely can't sit back and hope clients will buy from you. You need to really be on your game and follow-though! Eye to detail is also key! Make sure to double check your work, don't let errors take over! That's really the only hurdle you have, yourself! Give yourself a learning curb, of course you may not be making the big bucks at first, but hang in there! This company is in it for the long haul!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, I love that we change and adapt with feedback from everyone in the company, I'm a believer in change for the good and every time we've made a change it's made my job easier. So thumbs up!

5. "Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work from home
    Company benefits
    Company provides all resources--tablets, phone, business cards, paid mileage, training, samples--everything!
    Can earn great money if you can sell!

Cons

Work from home means you will have work to do after hours at home-- but I knew that !

Advice to Management

They provide contests, bonus $$-- support is great and managers have sold before so they know what challenges we face

6. "Having a fun job"

Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like design and people this job is for you. It feels wonderful to help people select window treatments.

Cons

There is mileage put on your car but gas is reimbursed!

Advice to Management

They have a wonderful staff behind us that is so helpful. Keep it up!

7. "Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is the most supportive team I have ever worked for. They supply all of the training and tools you need to become successful. The management is full of encouragement and help whenever you need it. There is never any criticism, only encouraging words and help to get you where you want to be. They are fair and the pay is amazing. This company should be in the top 10!

Cons

Occasionally days are long. But that is to be expected at any job that makes good money!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You rock!

"Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job is you like meeting new people on a daily basis. Company gives fabulous training and fabulous resources once you are in the field. It is entirely up to the Design Consultant on how much you want to earn and how you build your business. 3 Day does provide appointments and Design Consultant can add as many of their own as they can/want. Self generated appointments are compensated higher than company generated appointments. They make a great product and back it with a great team. This is a commissioned job with a minimum guarantee the first year in the field. Mileage included and health benefits available.I am over 60 and can take the time off I need to visit my kids and grand kids and still make a good living. I love this job!

Cons

If you are not people oriented, going into "strangers" homes every day and turning them into friends will be exhausting. This is not a job for shy or lazy people. If you are people oriented you will have a blast and make a very good living.

9. "Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been at 3day for a few months, and am amazed with the extensive training they provide. 3day also has a great support staff to help sales people with whatever they need. I am looking forward to my success at 3day.
    3day also has a nice benefits package, the health insurance is important to me!!

Cons

Lot's of driving, just have to be patient.

10. "Sales/Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You are not sitting in an office all day. You have some flexibility in your day and you meet new people every day. You are provided the training and all the resources you need to be competent in your job. Able to work from home/car. You can earn decent money if you can sell and pay attention to details. If you generate your own business, the income gets better.

Cons

Dealing with clients can be difficult at times. Need to make sure clients understand all the details of their order, so you don't have issues after installation. Can still be working late at night processing orders and responding to emails.

Advice to Management

Decrease turnover in customer care. Being able to get accurate and quick answers to questions is key. Better response time to clients having issues.

"Coffee is for Closers"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunity to make extremely good money is given with 3DB. As a full time salesperson, I have the opportunity to make a $9000 bonus every month PLUS commission.

Hours can be flexible if you are skilled at time management. If you have background being self employed or having autonomy with your schedule, you can work smarter, not harder, and make a great living while you do it. HOWEVER if you want to make 9k+Commission every month (about $15-16k monthy, on average) you have to work all the time. This includes weekends and evenings much of the time. But again if you have time management skills you can make those meetings short and sweet. You would need to know your products inside and out to cut down on time spent working, and that takes a considerable amount of time to learn.

If you are a "people person" this job is fun. Yes there are days when it's horrifying, that's true of any job in the world. But mostly it's decent, can be fun. I have met great people on my sales appointments. And it's not a dog-eat-dog environment, at least in my district. We are not pitted against each other so much like you will find in a closed sales environment, like if you work inside sales and see the same salespeople every hour of the work day and have to "fight" for customers. We are given territories that are geographically and success driven, there's very little competition amongst ourselves.

Upper UPPER management is within reach. I don't think newer people are aware of this, but most of the "big wigs" would be happy to talk to you if you need something.

Cons

There is a fair amount of turnover in the customer service department, and working with newer reps can be an extreme challenge. The lack of product knowledge at the corporate level is astonishing to me at times and can make my job very difficult.

The Blame Game is played every day. You need to be extremely diligent in making sure you cover every base and explain every detail and get everything signed and initialed or it's your paycheck on the line. Having an Error Rate over 1% of your sales will take your 9k bonus down to 3k. And also to get to that highest bonus level, it is extremely difficult. Most reps will not make 9k a month. Your errors stay with you for 3 months. So if you screw up, your paycheck will be affected (basically 2/3 of it taken away) for 3 months.

When and if you DO hit the highest bonus level of 9k, they say it is "unlimited bonus earnings" because if you sell another 15k you can tack on $500 to that bonus. Selling 15K is worth a whole lot more than a measly $500 and I feel that the bonuses should raise exponentially. It's very, very difficult to hit those high levels, and if you do, you should be paid accordingly.

Advice to Management

My direct supervisor, Tarnia Prater, is AH-MAY-ZING!!! I have had 2 other district managers in my time at the company and by leaps and bounds, Tarnia is the best. Having had a background of self-employment, I might not be the easiest person to "manage" and my boss understands that and gives me plenty of opportunity to do my job successfully. I do not need to be micromanaged, so she does not. I have team members that definitely do need to be micromanaged, so she does. Best part about her management style is that it's fairly tailored to each of us as needed. She takes the time to really get to know each of us and our successes and struggles and works with everyone individually, as well as getting us in a group so we can help eachother. My past managers were either extremely negative personality types, or inefficient management types. The contrast is stunning.

My other advice to management in other departments would just be to listen to the struggles or advice from the front lines, the design consultants. We are the ones that see the actual products, know what could be done better, what styles are in demand, etc. Working "inside the bubble" seems to be an area for improvement at times.