3 Day Blinds Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Dave Hall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company provides all resources--tablets, phone, business cards, paid mileage, training, samples--everything (in 8 reviews)

• flexible schedule, company provided leads, great support from other designers in my group, company invests a ton of (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • but you have customer service support, manager support, and coworkers are always eager and willing to help (in 10 reviews)

• no vacation or sick pay for design consultants (in 8 reviews)

1. "Love my job & Company!"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing company to work for both as an employee and a client. They are so nice to their customers and fair when there are issues. They have great products, amazing customer service and I feel good about selling for them. I truly appreciate the systems they have in place as an employee and for the customers. It's very thorough and detailed. There is always someone available to help whether it's IT, your manager, your local marketing coordinator or customer care for product questions. Especially when you are in an apt and need answers! They are there. They want you to succeed and they ask you how they can make it better.

Cons

It is a VERY fulltime job. You are driving a lot of the day and going from one appointment to the next. There is always some paperwork and client followup even after your appointment hours, so prepare to work! But it can be very lucrative and they will reward your for your hard work!

Advice to Management

Keep asking questions about what the sales people hear from clients and the general public. Always be will to change a system to make it better, which I think you all do a great job at. Keep appreciating how hard we work and create incentives that reward to sales people that go the extra mile!

2. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Mission Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Mission Viejo, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Truly unlimited Income
    - Good benefits
    - Good corp culture

Cons

some really long days
    lots of driving
    can you handle 100% commission?

"Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am in Sales and love that we can be ourselves and not have to follow any mandatory scripts. My clients appreciate it too and love how our sales process is an honest to goodness conversation about our products and how we can help you get what you need. This is a company that you can grow roots with and have piece of mind.

Cons

Nothing really to report on the Cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Been here 8 years - no plans to leave!"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, not stuck in an office!

Cons

It’s commission sales, so that can sometimes be stressful… But your earning potential is very high!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great honest company"

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you want to put in the effort the money is way above industry standard. 3DB is always moving forward with developing and changing products to keep it new and exciting.

Cons

Must be able to multitask

Advice to Management

Keep progressing to be the market leader.

6. "Do not Apply here."

Former Employee - Call Center in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Irvine, CA

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast interview, hired same day as interview.

Cons

Almost everything. I was given a dirty desk where the previous person was fired from. I was not given my schedule for the week so I had no idea what time to come in, what time to clock out, when my lunch was. The training was mediocre at best. I was made to watch videos that were more for the designers than for my position, I just watched people do their work and then had to imitate. When my training was over I was again not given any schedule for my hours. I had to ask my manager to give it to me. When I did confirm hours with the manager it got switched up like 2 times and it ended up being my fault. Even though I have the proof on paper that shows they switched it many times and never told me. No one was organized, It was complete chaos, no one knew what they were doing.

Advice to Management

Be more organized. Actually have bi weekly schedules or let people know what their schedules are ASAP.

"Karen Clark is the best manager you could ever work for"

Former Employee - Design Consultant
    Former Employee - Design Consultant

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time

Pros

Karen shares her time and knowledge of coaching and assisting you to be successful. Having such a positive attitude and teaching me ways to be more successful at my appointments was a God send. Its refreshing to have a manager who cares about you and helps in your successes.

Cons

I cant think of any

Advice to Management

Keep Karen Clark happy, she is a treasure to your company

"Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for the company almost 13 years now and actually almost everyone on my team is a tendered employee of over 5 years or more. 3DB shares there integrity with the client and the employee, that very important to me. I enjoy selling up to date products an the industries best, straight from the manufacture, which we are!! When my customers tell me that it looks like I love my job I reply "Yes I do an it helps when the company you work for is great to".

They supply all of our networking pan-flits, samples, computers and phones, so not out of pocket. The training and support is also amazing!

Cons

I Honestly have no cons

"Design consultant"

Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for 3 day blinds in the inland empire area of southern California for over 5 years now. So far, so good! I am normally kept pretty busy with appointments and when it gets a little slow from time to time we are encouraged to generate our own appointments. The company provides everything, such as, a laptop , printer, business cards, flyers, brochures and lots of other marketing and sales material you can use to help make yourself successful. The company also pays for your gas mileage between all your appointments. Every company has it's pros and cons but so far over the last 5 and a half years it's been mostly positive and overall a great experience!

Cons

There is A Lot of product knowledge to learn with all the different types of window treatments the company offers. 4 weeks of training before you can start running appointments, however, they do pay a salary while your in training, so I guess that's a con and a pro at the same time.

"Great company!"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My job challenges me to grow and learn all the time. I am not micro managed but trusted to get my job done. My manager is very supportive and helpful. She partners with me to be successful. The company has grown exponentially since I have been here. It is exciting to be a part of this growth.

Cons

At times the hour are long but that is balanced with being able to work out of my home when not in the field.

Advice to Management

Ask us more how we can help our teams be more successful. We are the ones out there everyday so we know what is needed. More training for DC's on things they need to be more successful from the training dept would be helpful. We create a lot of training but could use more support as we are also in the field 4 days a week.