3 Day Blinds Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Dave Hall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I love working as a Design Consultant with 3 Day Blinds because of the flexible schedule, great pay with an awesome bonus structure and amazing support (in 7 reviews)

• flexible schedule, company provided leads, great support from other designers in my group, company invests a ton of (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a fair amount of turnover in the customer service department, and working with newer reps can be an extreme challenge (in 9 reviews)

• They are several new design consultants and it takes time for them to get their legs underneath them (in 7 reviews)

"LOVE MY JOB & 3 DAY BLINDS"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love my clients and I am passionate about making their homes beautiful! This job is about waking up and giving your 300% . How lucky am I - I get to meet the most interesting people every day! In my very long career I have never been able to encounter such fabulous people and hear who they are, where they come from and what they have done in their lives. I LOVE IT! Our fierce leader and team of Design Consultants are the BEST! Me being a very critical recruiter in years past can say we have the most dynamic, intelligent and inclusive team - whom all truly love each other! When needed we lift each other up and together we can conquer anything! Our team is very professional and on point with regards to knowing our company and the products we sell. WE as a team are VERY STRONG and anyone who joins us will see they have an opportunity to work with some of the best in the industry. I think if our team had a motto it would be "WORK ETHIC STRONG"!

Cons

WISH I had known about this job years ago!

Advice to Management

Recruiting and Training are the key to the success of this company!

2. "Poor Management"

I worked at 3 Day Blinds part-time

Pros

Great initial presentation of what the company offers

Cons

Very sketchy treatment of new employees. Tampa area is especially egregious in unfair business practice. Caution if you think about working with the Tampa management

Advice to Management

Look internally at Tampa area management and business practices

3. "I wouldn’t"

Former Employee - Design Consultant
    Former Employee - Design Consultant

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like to work a ridiculous amount of hours, this is the job for you. The training is really great but they should let you do a couple of ride alongside before hand so you know what you’re getting yourself into.

Cons

Long hours, commission/ bonus structure is the worst, the appointments are nowhere near each other and you go out of the way a lot. Constant technology issues. Product is overpriced so it can be a hard sell.

"Design Consultant (DC)"

Former Employee - Design Consultant (Sales) in New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Design Consultant (Sales) in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reluctant to give 1 star. Many more aspects of serious concern with this company than attributes. The cons overcome any pros.

Cons

High pressure. Stress. Commission structure completely overlooked interview and training. Misleading communications and corporate attitude to get you hooked (company states top DC’s earn over 100K) however there is no way to achieve even mediocre (40K) sustained compensation for time spent.
    Massive DC turnaround is no surprise considering lack of respect and decency from management. Aside from lousy commission structure-compensation, NO paid time off including holiday’s, vacation, sick or even bereavement leave. Disturbing lack of regard for employee safety. No vetting of cold call appts or location.
    If you are willing to work 50+ retail hour weeks, run your private vehicle into the ground, have 40 miles of each travel day deducted from your mileage, earn 20-25K, this is the job for you.

Advice to Management

STOP THE MADNESS! Revamp the entire DC structure. Your investors will make more $$$ in the long haul when DC’s are compensated appropriately and treated fairly.

"Great Opportunity IF you live in a large city"

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Redding, CA
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in Redding, CA

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent in-depth product training, Not a high-stress environment, Autonomy and Freedom, Good Products, Great Warranty, Good Bonuses

Cons

Compensation Plan for Design Consultants needs to change (the design consultant is penalized commission for discounting in order to be competitive), Managers are stretched very thin sometimes, you will put a lot of miles on your vehicle. If you are not in a large city, and in more of a remote area, the level of support you will receive will be different.

Advice to Management

Don't enter a new market if you don't know anything about the area and are not willing to do the research, or generate the marketing activities to help the new market succeed. A 'one size fits all' marketing approach does not work in all markets. Communication needs to improve as well. If a Design Consultant calls or emails someone at the corporate office that person should not be ignored.

Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in South West City, MO
    Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in South West City, MO

I worked at 3 Day Blinds (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of at this time. They do pay .54 cents for mileage but that about all the good I could say.

Cons

Very long hours, no vacation or holiday pay, they lie about how much you will make. Their products they claim are the best but in reality they are about the same quality of a Lowe’s. They micro manage and their support staff is sub par. They have terrible installers. I have worked for other window companies and they are the worst. They use very high pressure sales because they don’t want your customer to shop around because they will find it a lot cheaper. You have no personal life at all. Even on vacation you have to stay connected or it can cost you money.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like real people and you won’t have 70% turn over rate.

"working harder not smarter"

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Paterson, NJ
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in Paterson, NJ

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule, company provided leads, great support from other designers in my group, company invests a ton of $ into training new hires

Cons

company does provide leads but they are not prequalified so you spend a lot of time discussing quality product with people who don't care about quality they only care about the bottom line (and your bonus is based partially on how many appts you actually sell). Schedulers are horrible and do not consult a map when scheduling appts so you could travel an hour or more to get from 1 consultation to the next and then you arrive to an angry person because you are late. Job description was ever changing. At time of hire requirements were 15 appts a week (basically 3 a day) and 1 evening each apt having a 3 hour block of time for the consultation and travel. Shortly after apt blocks were shortened to 2-1/2 hours but our territories remain large and this is where the design suffered. If you want people to buy a quality product they expect the design consultation and don't expect the order taker who is running to the next appt. Not for the kind of money we are expecting people to pay for blinds, shades and especially draperies. Along with the shortened apt time we were then asked to do up to 4 and even 5 consultations a day and more than 1 evening. And then, if you are selling, you are doing paperwork until 10pm...where is the quality of life and time with family? Even on days off you have a work phone and people get mad when you don't get back to them right away...so true "days off" are very rare since you are always trying to close things that may not have at the house and put out the fires when customer service drops the ball (which happens OFTEN). The pay is another area entirely. This job is 100% commission which they are honest with you from the beginning but what is not accurate is the % you are actually paid. You are brought on board with the delusion that you will get 10% commission. What they don't tell you is that you only get full commission if you do not give any discounts. Meanwhile the market is FLOODED with discount coupons and everyone has one...I honestly don't think I ever sold anything full price, especially since we need to make our prices more competitive. So...that being said, I never got 10% commission on anything. Discount coupons come right off of the designers bottom line. There is also no paid vacation. None. Not even after a year.

Advice to Management

the design consultants are your front line, everything should be done to make this job more manageable for them. If they are happy it will reflect in their performance and there will be far less turnover and therefore less money wasted in the training process. Get schedulers to read a map so there is less driving between appts and maybe don't be so agreeable to the potential client and tell them who will be in their area and when. DC's need a better work/life balance. Maybe even give a paid vacation. We work really hard and unless you are working 6 days a week and open for 24 appts you really are working hard for little reward. I've seen a lot of great designers leave and these are some of the reasons.

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time

Pros

There are no Pros to working for 3 Day Blinds.

Cons

No work/life balance; high pressure to close sales; micromanaged; more of a quick close sales job than Design Consultant. No class or refinement....they chew you up and spit you out--Stay away!

9. "Always on the cutting edge"

Former Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA

I worked at 3 Day Blinds part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Marketing Director Adele Nasr, is amazing and knowledgeable. They strive to always be on the cutting edge and they attend conferences and rub shoulders with companies today who are killing it in digital marketing. The 3 Day Blinds marketing team does a great job at creating an atmosphere where everyone is constantly learning and reading up on the latest case study. They are not afraid to invest in new solutions.
    They want to see their customers happy and do whatever they can to improve customer experience.

Cons

They can be a bit cliquey.

Advice to Management

There is always room to improve company culture. 3 Day Blinds is a great place to work, but it could be even better if you had a full HR department and regular company events. I wish there had been more communication between departments.

Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have no Pros with company

Cons

You have no life working for this company. No days OFF and unrealistic hours. Your getting calls after 10 pm emails after midnight. Working with this company YOU HAVE NO LIFE. STAYED WITH COMPANY WAY TOO LONG!

Advice to Management

Be totally honest with the person that you are interviewing. 1. Long hours (not legal) you work over 60 hours a week. Even on your day off, nights and Sundays. If you do not respond to a email or call you pay for it.... Can't even go to Church on Sundays because you are always on CALL 24/7.... IF I WAS TOLD THIS WHEN INTERVIEWED NEVER WOULD OF ACCEPTED THE OFFER.