3 Day Blinds Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dave Hall

Pros
  • I have been employed as a Design Consultant with 3 Day Blinds for 5 years (in 7 reviews)

• Able to set own schedule, option to have holidays off ( not paid) & work from home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a fair amount of turnover in the customer service department, and working with newer reps can be an extreme challenge (in 8 reviews)

• They constantly talk about the fabulous Bonus structure yet it is near impossible to earn because they go by error rate of 1% and under (in 6 reviews)

"Top notch benifit package and income oppurtunity"

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

Pros

No start up cost as with other outside sales positions
    Unlimited income potential with huge bonus potential
    Support of corporate office and management team
    Ongoing sales and marketing training.
    Paid mileage
    Paid for marketing materials
    Laptop and smart phone

Cons

It is hardwork this is not easy money but the rewards are worth it.
    no office
    Not a good fit for someone who has no self management or organizational skills.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work. Never forget how hard the field works to make it happen. Thanks for all you do for your employees. This is an amazing place to work and I am thankful for that every day!

2. "Great place to work with amazing bonus opportunity and management"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Denver, CO

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Corporate hotline for employees support
    Up to date equiptment ie> laptops, printers, phones etc
    Accesible and supportive District Manager
    Fair commission/excellent bonus opportunity
    Mileage reinbursment
    Expense reimbursment

Cons

no company car provided/use your own car

Advice to Management

The people in the call center at the corporate office could be a nicer on the phone and a little more understanding about our position. If they could ride with us for one day to see what we really are up against, maybe they would be more understanding to our position.

3. "Best bonus program in the business. Most team members and local management...a great partnership!"

Current Employee - Desugn Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Desugn Consultant in Denver, CO

Pros

Longevity of company, nice product variety, company provides most everything needed to promote istself and you as a commissioned employee.

Cons

No profit sharing, no benefit pay rate. No holiday pay.

Advice to Management

Offer profit sharing. Pay ALL employees for holiday time and vacation time based on their sales from the previous year.

"I have worked at 3Day for the past 5 years and have enjoyed the entire experience."

Current Employee - Customer Service in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a positive atmosphere where people really support each other in solving problems and growing the business. We have values that we honestly live by that include Teamwork, Integrity, Customer Satisfaction and excellence. I have not worked for any other company that takes thier values so seriously. Another thing is that we are always trying new ways to do things better like new products, new systems, new tools to make the job easier. Its a good place to work.

Cons

Things move very quickly so you have to be focused and resillient. To stay on top, you have to constantly change to improve. I don't mind this but I know it is hard for some people.

Advice to Management

It would be great if there were a way for the people in the office to meet the people in the field.

6. "3 Day Blinds is the ideal company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

3 Day Blinds is a company lives up to their core values- integrity, one team, superior client experience, excellence and passion. Any position you hold at 3 Day Blinds offers unlimited career growth and opportunities to work with really great people.

Cons

I really don't have complaints pertaining to working for 3 Day Blinds!

Advice to Management

Great team chemistry you've instilled in all 3 Day Blinds employees, keep up the great work.

7. "Great Company and opportunity for growth!!!"

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time

Pros

There is room and opportunity for growth if you work hard, show your commitment and embrace the vision and values. A main focus at this company is the team effort it takes to produce results and everyone contributes and plays a part in the results.

Cons

As with any team, sometimes frustration can happen if you don't feel like others value the company or contribute as a team towards the goals.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the company environment a positive one. Encourage activities and/or that promote fun and well being.

8. "3 Day Blinds has given me back a great quality of life, while enjoying a full time career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

3 day blinds offers you the opportunity for a booming full time career without an impact to your quality of life, and as a full time employee, mom and wife, I need that balance in my life. This is the first time in the last 15 years, that I have felt happy in my career choice because I am able to juggling my life more effectively than years prior while working at other companies. I also feel like I am apart of an amazing team, with truly caring people. 3 Day Blinds not only cares about its employees, but also about their families, and the community. They do many philanthropic activities and events, like large donations to Habitat for Humanity, Families Forward, and others. This makes me feel proud to be apart of a company that cares so much.

Cons

I have not experience any cons in the last 5 months of my employment with 3 day blinds.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

9. "Opportunities are endless"

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunities are endless as promotion from within in strongly nurtured. 3 Day Blinds takes pride in continual development of their staff in all departments. Employee satisfaction is considered just as important as client satisfaction and financial growth.

Cons

When your friends outside of work are bonding with horror stories about the places they work you will not have much to add to the conversation.

Advice to Management

Management is always looking to improve the business inside and out. Keep it up.

10. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is great! It's a pleasure coming in and working with such wonderful, hard working and passionate people. The excellence of the company is based on how we all really work as one team for the greater good for the client.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

I would like to see some sort of introduction or "Meet and Greet" for new hires. I constantly see new employees in the building and have no idea who they are. It would be nice to have maybe an email or post of the new hires that way we can welcome them to our team.

11. "Tons of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Design Consultant
    Current Employee - Design Consultant

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been in this industry for about 7 years now, and cannot say enough positive things about 3DB! As a Design Consultant, they provided extensive product training before sending me out into the field and there are people available to help as questions arise, so I always feel supported. They gave me all the samples to sell from for free, which is amazing, because with other companies you often have to invest your own money and they are not cheap! I'm 100% commission, which I love because I essentially get to write my own pay check. The incentives and bonuses are great and I also get full health benefits. The product quality is terrific and makes me proud to sell it.

Cons

Sales can be a tough business, but I think people are inherently sales oriented or they aren't. If you love it like I do, then this is a great company to work for with tons of earning potential.

Advice to Management

Continue to expand the product offering so I have more to offer my clients.