3 Day Blinds Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dave Hall

Pros
  • I have been employed as a Design Consultant with 3 Day Blinds for 5 years (in 7 reviews)

• Able to set own schedule, option to have holidays off ( not paid) & work from home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a fair amount of turnover in the customer service department, and working with newer reps can be an extreme challenge (in 7 reviews)

• They constantly talk about the fabulous Bonus structure yet it is near impossible to earn because they go by error rate of 1% and under (in 6 reviews)

1. "Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been at 3day for a few months, and am amazed with the extensive training they provide. 3day also has a great support staff to help sales people with whatever they need. I am looking forward to my success at 3day.
    3day also has a nice benefits package, the health insurance is important to me!!

Cons

Lot's of driving, just have to be patient.

2. "Sales/Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You are not sitting in an office all day. You have some flexibility in your day and you meet new people every day. You are provided the training and all the resources you need to be competent in your job. Able to work from home/car. You can earn decent money if you can sell and pay attention to details. If you generate your own business, the income gets better.

Cons

Dealing with clients can be difficult at times. Need to make sure clients understand all the details of their order, so you don't have issues after installation. Can still be working late at night processing orders and responding to emails.

Advice to Management

Decrease turnover in customer care. Being able to get accurate and quick answers to questions is key. Better response time to clients having issues.

3. "LMC / Field Trainer"

Current Employee - LMC/Field Trainer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - LMC/Field Trainer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love my job with 3 Day Blinds. I get to work closely with all our designers and our managers. I enjoy helping our team to be the best they can be. The support given to me to be the best help I can be to our designers is amazing. The company as a whole is the most supportive team I've ever worked with. They are always encouraging.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!!

5. "Sales/Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales in Barrington, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Barrington, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

From the training to the field, there is non better than 3 Day Blinds.
    4 weeks of intense product,design and sales training prepares you for the position.
    Our manager, Tony Tampa is top notch. He truly wants everyone to do their best and to make a great income. He trains and uses positive encouragement for better results.
    It's a wonderful opportunity to help people get superior products that fit their design style and their budget. Window treatments add one more layer to a completed look!
    The income is fabulous!

Cons

You need to be comfortable with a lot of driving. Your appointments can be far from each other.

Advice to Management

You just can't be better! We are more than fortunate to have Tony Tampa as driving our force!

6. "Having a fun job"

Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like design and people this job is for you. It feels wonderful to help people select window treatments.

Cons

There is mileage put on your car but gas is reimbursed!

Advice to Management

They have a wonderful staff behind us that is so helpful. Keep it up!

7. "Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work from home
    Company benefits
    Company provides all resources--tablets, phone, business cards, paid mileage, training, samples--everything!
    Can earn great money if you can sell!

Cons

Work from home means you will have work to do after hours at home-- but I knew that !

Advice to Management

They provide contests, bonus $$-- support is great and managers have sold before so they know what challenges we face

8. "Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is the most supportive team I have ever worked for. They supply all of the training and tools you need to become successful. The management is full of encouragement and help whenever you need it. There is never any criticism, only encouraging words and help to get you where you want to be. They are fair and the pay is amazing. This company should be in the top 10!

Cons

Occasionally days are long. But that is to be expected at any job that makes good money!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You rock!

"A great place for a Designer with drive!"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been an interior designer for about 8 years before joining 3 Day Blinds. This is my first commission based job so I was a little nervous. But after going through the training and getting set up the way they do, I feel its a great place to be. It's a slow start at first, so don't get frustrated, but for the majority of my week, I have a full schedule of appointments, which is great that the leads come in so much! I'm in the San Diego District and I love our team here. Everyone is open to giving advice and answering questions, not just from my District Sales Manager, but also the other designers. It's refreshing to be able to work well with other designers! Tarnia is my District Sales manager and she's been a gem! I work best with positive management that's open to questions and not only is she helpful with questions, she really takes to heart questions and concerns from myself and the team. So I find myself so lucky to have been placed with a great manager! I love the job too, I'm a talker so it's fun for me to meet new clients everyday. I like that I can use my design skills everyday with clients, I wish I would of looked into this company sooner! I would recommend this for any designer that's open to change and hustle!

Cons

You've got to love this work! The hours can sometimes be long, so you really have to manage your time well. Organization is key and the technology will help you, but you have to be open to it! I don't mind it because some days can be long, other short, so its a give and take. Overall it's still pretty good. This is also made for someone that hustles! You definitely can't sit back and hope clients will buy from you. You need to really be on your game and follow-though! Eye to detail is also key! Make sure to double check your work, don't let errors take over! That's really the only hurdle you have, yourself! Give yourself a learning curb, of course you may not be making the big bucks at first, but hang in there! This company is in it for the long haul!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, I love that we change and adapt with feedback from everyone in the company, I'm a believer in change for the good and every time we've made a change it's made my job easier. So thumbs up!

"Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job is you like meeting new people on a daily basis. Company gives fabulous training and fabulous resources once you are in the field. It is entirely up to the Design Consultant on how much you want to earn and how you build your business. 3 Day does provide appointments and Design Consultant can add as many of their own as they can/want. Self generated appointments are compensated higher than company generated appointments. They make a great product and back it with a great team. This is a commissioned job with a minimum guarantee the first year in the field. Mileage included and health benefits available.I am over 60 and can take the time off I need to visit my kids and grand kids and still make a good living. I love this job!

Cons

If you are not people oriented, going into "strangers" homes every day and turning them into friends will be exhausting. This is not a job for shy or lazy people. If you are people oriented you will have a blast and make a very good living.

11. "It is what you make it!"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

3 Day is an awesome company to start out with. They deliver a great product, the support for employees and customers is the best in the industry in my opinion. The appointments provided are well sourced and the potential is there for fantastic compensation.

Cons

The compensation structure is such that real opportunities to make a lot of money come from self generated leads. It's not to say there is no money to be made from the appointments they set for you, but referrals, business partnerships and other ways to drive your own leads results in much higher paychecks.