3 Day Blinds Reviews | Glassdoor

3 Day Blinds Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2019

Found 159 reviews

3.6
3 Day Blinds CEO Dave Hall (no image)
Dave Hall

"DON'T BELIEVE THE GOOD REVIEWS"

Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

only perk is working at home

Cons

pay is subpar due to a ridiculous commission structure. you spend more money on gas than you do on actually making commission on appointments that get you no where. the company constantly increases price throughout the year making your job harder to sell. upper management fills their pockets and goes on fancy trips while sales people run ragged trying to get all their work done. you WILL work on your days off, it... is expected of you! if someone has shopped your price, your sale is as good as gone no matter how much time and patience you spend with a customer. free consultations are ridiculous being that you could run 3 appointments with distances of over 20 miles from one appointment to the next and not sell anything...oh, but you get a lousy .54 per mile for your troubles....as an outside salesperson you are not given the same employee rights as a salaried or hourly employee either, no vacation pay, and you are forced to take 3+ appointments per day...my best advise is look elsewhere...you can make $40k with a lighter work load

Advice to Management

stop saying how much integrity the company has when you ask people to write good reviews so the company looks good on glassdoor...hold yourselves accountable for the failures in your sales numbers....remember, you only get paid because the salespeople are running their lives into the ground to make YOUR high paychecks...sadly, no one will even read this because management is so arrogant and heartless when it comes... to their sales staff

3 Day Blinds2019-03-28

"Design Consultant"

Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training. Work from home .

Cons

Your auto is a traveling showroom. You spend ridiculous time driving. Micromanagement on a daily basis. Constant pressure to do more, do better and do faster. Constant comparison to your colleagues. Lots of after-hours paperwork and little support when you need it. Too much work for too little pay.

Advice to Management

Quit with the micromanagement and daily score keeping. Nobody needs to be reminded they are winning or losing. Grown adults already know these things They know how to count, and they know the commission schedule. Once a month sales reports are plenty. Quit trying to create team spirit when you are clearly creating extreme competition.

3 Day Blinds2019-01-06

"Mixed review on 3DB"

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent management team and sales training. Care about you as a person Potential to make $100,000+/ year Very good blinds and shades products. They stand behind their product warranties.

Cons

Extremely long hours needed to drive to appointments, do paper/computer work, follow up work etc. Pricing for delivering products in 3 days is extremely high and sales personnel are discouraged from sharing with customers that the price would be appoximately 20% to 30% less if they take delivery and installation in 2 to 3 weeks. Bonuses are based on selling the 3 Day delivery and this is the only way to make a... decent income. My conscience required that I offered the customer the choice of delivery so I rarely sold orders to be delivered in 3 days. This meant my income was low.

3 Day Blinds2018-11-19

"3 Day Blinds Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part of 3 Day Blinds is not being stuck behind a desk all day. You are out in the field and every appointment is different which makes your day fly by. You feel like you are running your own business and have the opportunity and tools to really make it grow ! There is also so much support within the company. 3 Day Blinds offers several different ways to reach out for support with questions and designs such... as DC phone help line and online chat. Also your team is one of your biggest supporters. Every area has its team and with the San Diego team we all support each other with anything and everything. Everyone is always willing to share knowledge and help with random questions.

Cons

A con to 3 day blinds would be designing a complicated application. Some designs are by the book but some are a little bit more difficult. These challenges can make any employee nervous because of course you want the order to be perfect. On the more difficult jobs this is where the support really comes in handy. The support team gives you several options for reaching out that can help you complete the order... correctly and successfully .

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. The support given from management at 3 day blinds in above any other I have worked for. Management gives the tools for success and as long as you follow it then the results will show.

3 Day Blinds2018-11-12

"Design Cosultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have many years of experience in the window treatment field and have had opportunities to work for any number of companies. I am glad I chose to work for 3 Day Blinds. They treat the employees like family and there is a great emphasis on teamwork. The opportunities for success are at your fingertips. I can say that even if you do not have any experience they will train you and teach you to have a great career... in the window treatment field.

Cons

There are no cons working for 3 Day Blinds

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing .

3 Day Blinds2018-11-11
  6. "Design consultant"

Current Employee - Designer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They supply you with all the sales tools and samples for in-home sales. They have a customer care team designated for the designers for all our needs.

Cons

You need to be organized as the days can run long.

3 Day Blinds2018-11-09
  7. "I am currently employed as a Design Consultant at 3 Day Blinds and love it!"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

3 Day Blinds offers it's Design Consultants a supportive work environment with stability, flexibility and opportunity. They are very involved and take great care of their customers and employees. It is a great company to work for!

Cons

Since 3 Day Blinds offers custom made window treatments, it can be a little nerve racking as a Design Consultant to not make errors and disappoint your Client. But the company offers great in class and in the field training to help reduce the chance of making a mistake.

Advice to Management

Continue to go above and beyond to make your employees and customers happy!

3 Day Blinds2018-11-09
  8. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In going into clients' homes I am able to see such a variety of living spaces. Multi million dollar properties, 100 year old homes, new build townhomes and everything in between. Enjoyable to help clients with an aspect of decorating their living areas. Financial compensation is generous with several ways to contribute to your own success.

Cons

Very detail oriented position. Must be "on" and engaged for every appointment to ensure your client gets exactly what they need.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding our product line as Design Consultants get excited to present new items and clients love the selection.

3 Day Blinds2018-11-08
  9. "Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the company really cares for the employees and the customers. Great place to work, very flexable, company management is available to answer questions, great benefits, and really fights for both the client and their employees

Cons

For the designer, sometimes it's hard to get answers to client issues resolved as fast as I would like,, but they will follow through.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

3 Day Blinds2018-11-08
  10. "Fun Place To Work With Awesome Earning Potential"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

SGA Program, this company gives more leads than any sales job I've ever had, but they will add to your bonus for bringing in your own leads. Earning potential is huge. The company provides everything you need in terms of samples and technology, it's all top notch.

Cons

Everything was explained to me when I came on board and I understood the job, no complaints so far!

Advice to Management

More team events would be nice, it's great to meet with your coworkers when the job is solo out in the field.

3 Day Blinds2018-11-06