3 Day Blinds Reviews | Glassdoor

3 Day Blinds Reviews

Updated Jan 4, 2020

3.7
3 Day Blinds CEO Dave Hall (no image)
Dave Hall

"A great place for a Designer with drive!"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been an interior designer for about 8 years before joining 3 Day Blinds. This is my first commission based job so I was a little nervous. But after going through the training and getting set up the way they do, I feel its a great place to be. It's a slow start at first, so don't get frustrated, but for the majority of my week, I have a full schedule of appointments, which is great that the leads come in so much! I'm in the San Diego District and I love our team here. Everyone is open to giving advice and answering questions, not just from my District Sales Manager, but also the other designers. It's refreshing to be able to work well with other designers! Tarnia is my District Sales manager and she's been a gem! I work best with positive management that's open to questions and not only is she helpful with questions, she really takes to heart questions and concerns from myself and the team. So I find myself so lucky to have been placed with a great manager! I love the job too, I'm a talker so it's fun for me to meet new clients everyday. I like that I can use my design skills everyday with clients, I wish I would of looked into this company sooner! I would recommend this for any designer that's open to change and hustle!

Cons

You've got to love this work! The hours can sometimes be long, so you really have to manage your time well. Organization is key and the technology will help you, but you have to be open to it! I don't mind it because some days can be long, other short, so its a give and take. Overall it's still pretty good. This is also made for someone that hustles! You definitely can't sit back and hope clients will buy from you. You need to really be on your game and follow-though! Eye to detail is also key! Make sure to double check your work, don't let errors take over! That's really the only hurdle you have, yourself! Give yourself a learning curb, of course you may not be making the big bucks at first, but hang in there! This company is in it for the long haul!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, I love that we change and adapt with feedback from everyone in the company, I'm a believer in change for the good and every time we've made a change it's made my job easier. So thumbs up!

3 Day Blinds2017-01-30

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great job is you like meeting new people on a daily basis. Company gives fabulous training and fabulous resources once you are in the field. It is entirely up to the Design Consultant on how much you want to earn and how you build your business. 3 Day does provide appointments and Design Consultant can add as many of their own as they can/want. Self generated appointments are compensated higher than company generated appointments. They make a great product and back it with a great team. This is a commissioned job with a minimum guarantee the first year in the field. Mileage included and health benefits available.I am over 60 and can take the time off I need to visit my kids and grand kids and still make a good living. I love this job!

Cons

If you are not people oriented, going into "strangers" homes every day and turning them into friends will be exhausting. This is not a job for shy or lazy people. If you are people oriented you will have a blast and make a very good living.

3 Day Blinds2017-01-22

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

the equip you with all the tools you need to be successful. Great trainers and work environment.

Cons

you really have no say in the shifts you work.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

3 Day Blinds2016-10-27

"design consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Orange, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great manager, customer care work hard to support sales and customers

Cons

Senior management has been there over 20 years and not in touch with real business cultures

Advice to Management

appreciate your district sales manager

3 Day Blinds2016-02-26

"local market coordinator"

Local Market Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds

Pros

I have been with 3 day blinds for 1 1/2 years and love have loved the experience from day one. Awesome company from the top down with overwhelming support. Immediate supervisor Tarnia Prater is a true leader and I am privileged to work along side her. Flexible hours and fair compensation. I enjoy the individual attention for.personal growth through constant coaching and feedback and the ability to work both in the home and from the field. Highly recommend 3 day blinds.

Cons

I have no cons so far in my career. The management support has been truly inspiring and lead to my personal growth in the business.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and keep listening to those in the field to continue to grow the business and develope great people.

3 Day Blinds2015-10-13

Design Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds for less than a year

Pros

I love working as a Design Consultant with 3 Day Blinds because of the flexible schedule, great pay with an awesome bonus structure and amazing support. It's a great combination of feeling like you work for yourself, but with having the backing of a large company. I especially enjoy working with my district manager, Tarnia Prater as she always looks out for her design consultants best interests in maintaining a work/life balance. She has taught me amazing skills when it comes to sales and always operates in a positive and uplifting manner, which is refreshing. Not only is she a wealth of knowledge, but I love her upbeat and fun personality.

Cons

Just like any job that is commission based, you need to save for the slow periods such as the holidays, but as long as you are prepared then you will be okay and the busy times outweigh the slow

3 Day Blinds2015-10-12

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Vista, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

The reason I took this job was because of the accolades that my former fellow designers at Living Spaces gave the District Manager, Tarnia Prater at 3 Day Blinds. Two of my co-workers had left Living Spaces to work for 3 Day Blinds and were getting positive support to help increase their productivity and assure the customer was getting all their needs met effectively. The sales process is basically foolproof if you follow it! Leads are distributed among the district designers evenly and you are always encouraged to provide your own self-generated leads. If you are struggling with any aspect of your career, Tarnia is always available to guide you. She even takes phone calls from her Design Consultants at 10 p.m. which I think is above and beyond the call of duty. She realizes that we all need a little down time and makes sure that we have days off when we need them, within reason. She is flexible and not rigid in the method which she leads her team. She expects us to represent the company with the utmost integrity and she leads by example. I haven't found a better leader than Tarnia in this industry and I have worked in the Home Improvement industry for over 30 years. The product is made in house, with a few exceptions and therefore it can deliver the goods to the customer in a timely 3 day fashion! It comes with the best warranty in the business and has a customer service team available 7 days a week. You are basically your own boss. You have a certain amount of independence which I really enjoy! I am self motivated, so I can push myself to the limit and am rewarded financially for doing so, which is a big plus! The team of seasoned designers is always there to answer questions for the newbies, such as myself. There is also a "Live Chat" line, that can field questions about products and procedures as well. You are never alone! What a great feeling to have help when you need it and a manager that really cares about you as a person and not just a number! What more reasons do you need to work for 3 Day Blinds?

Cons

The only downside of working with 3 Day Blinds is that you are required to use your own vehicle. I have a mini van that doesn't get the best gas mileage. But, they do reimburse you for a portion of your gas and maintenance expenses.

3 Day Blinds2015-10-07

"Great Work Place"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

3 Day Blinds offers lots of growth opportunities and good benefits. You will not be bored at any role because the company is always evolving.

Cons

Unfortunately there is minimal training at the corporate office and we often work strange hours and weekends.

Advice to Management

Need more employees to handle customer care needs and follow up on consultations.

3 Day Blinds2015-07-09

"3 day Blinds is an amazing company to work for."

Design Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds

Pros

I love the way the company backs you and the product up no matter what. You will have the best support.

Cons

I don't have any cons with this company. Love my job and LOVE the company.

Advice to Management

My Boss Ronda is like no other. She makes sure your happy at all times and actually cares about you as an individual.

3 Day Blinds2015-03-05

"Great place to work as a design consultant in Denver"

Design Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds

Pros

Feels like you are running your own business without having the responsibility of owning your own business. Lots of opportunity to make great income. Plenty of support from local district manager and the corporate office. 401K and health/dental/vision is available.

Cons

Really no cons...no vacation or sick pay for design consultants.

3 Day Blinds2015-03-04