3 Day Blinds Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

3 Day Blinds Sales Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2019

Found 28 reviews

2.8
3 Day Blinds CEO Dave Hall (no image)
Dave Hall
  1. "District Sales Manager"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, commitment to quality products, approachable and caring leadership, and invested in field employee training and development (examples - extensive new hire training and onboarding program for Design Consultants, biweekly team meetings with skill sharpening).

Cons

Pace and volume of tasks for some can be overwhelming - we accomplish a lot in a short amount of time.

3 Day Blinds2018-11-06

"Drive all day"

Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

great company to work for.

Cons

If you cant make the sale you wont get paid. They make it seem like it is not a commission based job. ITS ALL COMMISSION BASED.

Advice to Management

It is not nice to make someone feel like they are going to lose their job if they are not bringing in what you asked. Selling window treatments isn't easy especially since they aren't cheap.

3 Day Blinds2019-08-01

"Overpriced and more like 3 months for product!!"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Plano, TX

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

They do offer benefits but NO vacation and commission only

Cons

Long hours, I’m expected to work on days off, lots of driving, low quality appointments and overpriced products make it very difficult to overcome the competition.

Advice to Management

Quit raising prices and be honest

3 Day Blinds2019-08-06

"Long hours, low commission, lots of driving, poor quality products. 🤒"

Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Managers were great to work with...on social level. 🍸

Cons

Low quality, very expensive products. Rarely is product installed in 3 days....client PAYS a lot if that happens. 🚫 LONG hours. No vacation time. Tons of driving....lots of wear on car. Pressure to sell at appointment or loose bonus. Micromanage from upper management. Discounts to clients cuts your commission dramatically. Stress put my health at risk. 🤢 Marketing advertises discounts that cuts into Design... Consultants commission. 👎🏼 Company goes through Design Consultants, most leave after 3 to 4 months.

Advice to Management

Stop raising prices of products cutting into Design Consultants commission. Better advertising. “3 Day Blinds = 20% discount”. If client doesn’t get 20% discount they’re foolish.....that’s how they market EVERYWHERE.

3 Day Blinds2019-08-01

"DON'T BELIEVE THE GOOD REVIEWS"

Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

only perk is working at home

Cons

pay is subpar due to a ridiculous commission structure. you spend more money on gas than you do on actually making commission on appointments that get you no where. the company constantly increases price throughout the year making your job harder to sell. upper management fills their pockets and goes on fancy trips while sales people run ragged trying to get all their work done. you WILL work on your days off, it... is expected of you! if someone has shopped your price, your sale is as good as gone no matter how much time and patience you spend with a customer. free consultations are ridiculous being that you could run 3 appointments with distances of over 20 miles from one appointment to the next and not sell anything...oh, but you get a lousy .54 per mile for your troubles....as an outside salesperson you are not given the same employee rights as a salaried or hourly employee either, no vacation pay, and you are forced to take 3+ appointments per day...my best advise is look elsewhere...you can make $40k with a lighter work load

Advice to Management

stop saying how much integrity the company has when you ask people to write good reviews so the company looks good on glassdoor...hold yourselves accountable for the failures in your sales numbers....remember, you only get paid because the salespeople are running their lives into the ground to make YOUR high paychecks...sadly, no one will even read this because management is so arrogant and heartless when it comes... to their sales staff

3 Day Blinds2019-03-28

"Design Consultant"

Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training. Work from home .

Cons

Your auto is a traveling showroom. You spend ridiculous time driving. Micromanagement on a daily basis. Constant pressure to do more, do better and do faster. Constant comparison to your colleagues. Lots of after-hours paperwork and little support when you need it. Too much work for too little pay.

Advice to Management

Quit with the micromanagement and daily score keeping. Nobody needs to be reminded they are winning or losing. Grown adults already know these things They know how to count, and they know the commission schedule. Once a month sales reports are plenty. Quit trying to create team spirit when you are clearly creating extreme competition.

3 Day Blinds2019-01-06
  7. "Design consultant"

Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training and expertise is a must. They make sure you know what you are doing. Of course there is still a learning curve but as a company they are very organized and the potential is there. They provide leads and help educate you to build your own. Flexibility in schedule. Wonderdul team environment. Excellent resources.

Cons

I would say it can be busy and tedious and hours are put in but it gets easier and less time consuming as you grow your business in the area.

Advice to Management

Include free carwashes or oil changes for your top presidents club members!

3 Day Blinds2018-11-05
  8. "Good Company, Good People, Good Leader"

Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team who are very focused on providing great service to our clients. Amazing learning experience for my first year. Wonderful leader with tons of support wherever and when it's needed! Big potential to earn lots of money with flexible schedule for life/work balance.

Cons

No cons from my experience.

3 Day Blinds2018-11-06
  9. "Best job I've ever had!"

Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great bonus potential if you can make your metrics consistently, good work/life balance, good benefits, not stuck in one place all day and the clients for the most part are really nice. The training was really good and they invest a lot in their recruits to make sure you are prepared to go out in the field. I love the manager I have, she is supportive and does not micromanage.

Cons

It's straight commission sales, so there is going to be ups and there is going to be downs but it's mostly ups if you can sell and work your business. There is no base pay so you need to make sure you are budgeting yourself accordingly.

Advice to Management

I think retaining good people and keeping up moral has a lot to do with who you have managing your teams. Sales people don't like to be micromanaged and sell better when they can work without that added pressure.

3 Day Blinds2018-11-05

"great fun"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

making money and making a living and making customer super happy about the product they buy... what more can somone ask for.

Cons

working for living not laying on the beach not being on welfare not having a life, not having a car not having a home so much more than that

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

3 Day Blinds2018-07-16