3 Day Blinds "design consultant" Reviews | Glassdoor

3 Day Blinds Employee Reviews about "design consultant"

Updated Aug 26, 2019

Found 159 reviews

3.6
3 Day Blinds CEO Dave Hall (no image)
Dave Hall
Pros
  • "Always receiving current updated samples for style changes(in 12 reviews)

• "I love working as a Design Consultant with 3 Day Blinds because of the flexible schedule, great pay with an awesome bonus structure and amazing support(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "but you have customer service support, manager support, and coworkers are always eager and willing to help(in 10 reviews)

• "no vacation or sick pay for design consultants(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "design consultant"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I am currently employed as a Design Consultant at 3 Day Blinds and love it!"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

3 Day Blinds offers it's Design Consultants a supportive work environment with stability, flexibility and opportunity. They are very involved and take great care of their customers and employees. It is a great company to work for!

Cons

Since 3 Day Blinds offers custom made window treatments, it can be a little nerve racking as a Design Consultant to not make errors and disappoint your Client. But the company offers great in class and in the field training to help reduce the chance of making a mistake.

Advice to Management

Continue to go above and beyond to make your employees and customers happy!

3 Day Blinds2018-11-09
  2. "Endless Potential"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

3 Day Blinds provides all of your marketing material, samples to show your clients, and extensive, continual product/selling training (they even pay you while you're in training!) As a design consultant, the pay is unmatched to any sales job: It's a commission and bonus structure, so there is endless potential to make money, which is up to you (I have made more money every year & have been with the company for... 7 years). They provide all of your leads and even reward you for bringing in your own leads. They provide full benefits & despite being a large corporate company, they make sure your voice is heard; constantly evolving to the benefit of everyone. Your schedule is flexible & you're not at a desk or in an office, so you basically get to run your own business, but backed by a great company.

Cons

It is certainly not a job for everyone and can be stressful at times. You have to be able to adapt quickly, manage time well & work with all types of people, as you are in people's homes all day. Although the commission/bonus pay structure is a plus, the pay is not always the same every month, so you have to be able to manage your business wisely and put in the work.

3 Day Blinds2018-11-07
  3. "District Sales Manager"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, commitment to quality products, approachable and caring leadership, and invested in field employee training and development (examples - extensive new hire training and onboarding program for Design Consultants, biweekly team meetings with skill sharpening).

Cons

Pace and volume of tasks for some can be overwhelming - we accomplish a lot in a short amount of time.

3 Day Blinds2018-11-06
  4. "A Total Team Atmospher !!!!"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Phila, PA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As stated above a total team atmosphere There is no I in TEAM A nurturing environment, From Start to Finish all Teams Strive to provide the best customer Experience which Allows it Different team members to shine From Appointment Services to Design Consultants To Manufacturing/Production to Customer Care/Installed services to Accounting all these different teams work together to make ... my Job As a Design Consultant Easy !! and Provide our Customers with a Quality Product which I Can Proudly stand behind. From My LMC To District Manager to Regional Manager To Upper Management . I always feel That as an employee I have a voice and they listen to Problems and concerns and Provide Up to date information and Constantly Training not only on Products/ Style but also creative ways on utilizing and enhancing Selling Skills. Which is very Valuable to A Design Consultant.

Cons

I have no Cons I can Honestly say with the Company Just keep Listening and Doing !!!

Advice to Management

As a Design Consultant it is helpful to receive the Good and Bad and how I can Improve my Job Performance . Just keep up the good work with all Inclusion of the TEAM !!

3 Day Blinds2018-11-06

"LOVE MY JOB & 3 DAY BLINDS"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love my clients and I am passionate about making their homes beautiful! This job is about waking up and giving your 300% . How lucky am I - I get to meet the most interesting people every day! In my very long career I have never been able to encounter such fabulous people and hear who they are, where they come from and what they have done in their lives. I LOVE IT! Our fierce leader and team of Design... Consultants are the BEST! Me being a very critical recruiter in years past can say we have the most dynamic, intelligent and inclusive team - whom all truly love each other! When needed we lift each other up and together we can conquer anything! Our team is very professional and on point with regards to knowing our company and the products we sell. WE as a team are VERY STRONG and anyone who joins us will see they have an opportunity to work with some of the best in the industry. I think if our team had a motto it would be "WORK ETHIC STRONG"!

Cons

WISH I had known about this job years ago!

Advice to Management

Recruiting and Training are the key to the success of this company!

3 Day Blinds2017-08-21

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great job is you like meeting new people on a daily basis. Company gives fabulous training and fabulous resources once you are in the field. It is entirely up to the Design Consultant on how much you want to earn and how you build your business. 3 Day does provide appointments and Design Consultant can add as many of their own as they can/want. Self generated appointments are compensated higher than company... generated appointments. They make a great product and back it with a great team. This is a commissioned job with a minimum guarantee the first year in the field. Mileage included and health benefits available.I am over 60 and can take the time off I need to visit my kids and grand kids and still make a good living. I love this job!

Cons

If you are not people oriented, going into "strangers" homes every day and turning them into friends will be exhausting. This is not a job for shy or lazy people. If you are people oriented you will have a blast and make a very good living.

3 Day Blinds2017-01-22

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Vista, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

The reason I took this job was because of the accolades that my former fellow designers at Living Spaces gave the District Manager, Tarnia Prater at 3 Day Blinds. Two of my co-workers had left Living Spaces to work for 3 Day Blinds and were getting positive support to help increase their productivity and assure the customer was getting all their needs met effectively. The sales process is basically foolproof if... you follow it! Leads are distributed among the district designers evenly and you are always encouraged to provide your own self-generated leads. If you are struggling with any aspect of your career, Tarnia is always available to guide you. She even takes phone calls from her Design Consultants at 10 p.m. which I think is above and beyond the call of duty. She realizes that we all need a little down time and makes sure that we have days off when we need them, within reason. She is flexible and not rigid in the method which she leads her team. She expects us to represent the company with the utmost integrity and she leads by example. I haven't found a better leader than Tarnia in this industry and I have worked in the Home Improvement industry for over 30 years. The product is made in house, with a few exceptions and therefore it can deliver the goods to the customer in a timely 3 day fashion! It comes with the best warranty in the business and has a customer service team available 7 days a week. You are basically your own boss. You have a certain amount of independence which I really enjoy! I am self motivated, so I can push myself to the limit and am rewarded financially for doing so, which is a big plus! The team of seasoned designers is always there to answer questions for the newbies, such as myself. There is also a "Live Chat" line, that can field questions about products and procedures as well. You are never alone! What a great feeling to have help when you need it and a manager that really cares about you as a person and not just a number! What more reasons do you need to work for 3 Day Blinds?

Cons

The only downside of working with 3 Day Blinds is that you are required to use your own vehicle. I have a mini van that doesn't get the best gas mileage. But, they do reimburse you for a portion of your gas and maintenance expenses.

3 Day Blinds2015-10-07

Design Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds for less than a year

Pros

I love working as a Design Consultant with 3 Day Blinds because of the flexible schedule, great pay with an awesome bonus structure and amazing support. It's a great combination of feeling like you work for yourself, but with having the backing of a large company. I especially enjoy working with my district manager, Tarnia Prater as she always looks out for her design consultants best interests in maintaining a... work/life balance. She has taught me amazing skills when it comes to sales and always operates in a positive and uplifting manner, which is refreshing. Not only is she a wealth of knowledge, but I love her upbeat and fun personality.

Cons

Just like any job that is commission based, you need to save for the slow periods such as the holidays, but as long as you are prepared then you will be okay and the busy times outweigh the slow

3 Day Blinds2015-10-12

"Design consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

The other design consultant are nice

Cons

They are Cons. The pay is awful and the work is hard. Beware there not enough appointments, you will be forced to try to find your own.

Advice to Management

Better pay!

3 Day Blinds2014-04-27
  10. "Tons of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Design Consultant

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been in this industry for about 7 years now, and cannot say enough positive things about 3DB! As a Design Consultant, they provided extensive product training before sending me out into the field and there are people available to help as questions arise, so I always feel supported. They gave me all the samples to sell from for free, which is amazing, because with other companies you often have to invest your... own money and they are not cheap! I'm 100% commission, which I love because I essentially get to write my own pay check. The incentives and bonuses are great and I also get full health benefits. The product quality is terrific and makes me proud to sell it.

Cons

Sales can be a tough business, but I think people are inherently sales oriented or they aren't. If you love it like I do, then this is a great company to work for with tons of earning potential.

Advice to Management

Continue to expand the product offering so I have more to offer my clients.

3 Day Blinds2013-10-15