3 Day Blinds "samples" Reviews | Glassdoor

3 Day Blinds Employee Reviews about "samples"

Updated Aug 26, 2019

Found 159 reviews

3.6
3 Day Blinds CEO Dave Hall (no image)
Dave Hall
Pros
  • "Always receiving current updated samples for style changes(in 12 reviews)

• "I love working as a Design Consultant with 3 Day Blinds because of the flexible schedule, great pay with an awesome bonus structure and amazing support(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "but you have customer service support, manager support, and coworkers are always eager and willing to help(in 10 reviews)

• "no vacation or sick pay for design consultants(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "samples"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Design consultant"

Current Employee - Designer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They supply you with all the sales tools and samples for in-home sales. They have a customer care team designated for the designers for all our needs.

Cons

You need to be organized as the days can run long.

3 Day Blinds2018-11-09
  2. "Fun Place To Work With Awesome Earning Potential"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

SGA Program, this company gives more leads than any sales job I've ever had, but they will add to your bonus for bringing in your own leads. Earning potential is huge. The company provides everything you need in terms of samples and technology, it's all top notch.

Cons

Everything was explained to me when I came on board and I understood the job, no complaints so far!

3 Day Blinds2018-11-06
  3. "Endless Potential"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

3 Day Blinds provides all of your marketing material, samples to show your clients, and extensive, continual product/selling training (they even pay you while you're in training!) As a design consultant, the pay is unmatched to any sales job: It's a commission and bonus structure, so there is endless potential to make money, which is up to you (I have made more money every year & have been with the company for 7 years). They provide all of your leads and even reward you for bringing in your own leads. They provide full benefits & despite being a large corporate company, they make sure your voice is heard; constantly evolving to the benefit of everyone. Your schedule is flexible & you're not at a desk or in an office, so you basically get to run your own business, but backed by a great company.

Cons

It is certainly not a job for everyone and can be stressful at times. You have to be able to adapt quickly, manage time well & work with all types of people, as you are in people's homes all day. Although the commission/bonus pay structure is a plus, the pay is not always the same every month, so you have to be able to manage your business wisely and put in the work.

3 Day Blinds2018-11-07

"IN-HOME DESIGN CONSULTANT"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with 3 Day Blinds of 11 years and I LOVE it here! They are an awesome and progressive company. They have Excellent Customer Care, hassle-free ordering, fast delivery and the best products and selection in the industry! I do In-Home Sales Consultations. They provide all samples, computer, printer all at no charge. I have an awesome 401k plan with employer match and a fabulous PPO Health Plan. Every morning I get an email from our own production facility with production performance, whether they are On-Schedule, or if they are behind, they let me know by how many days they are Off-Schedule! I also receive, again every morning, an inventory report of all materials that are out of stock, or low inventory or discontinued. They provide Company Leads, which keep us quite busy, thru various forms of advertising, all at no cost to me! Plus we can supply our own appointments, which is fun because we can network and promote 3 Day Blinds in our home community! The work is very rewarding, it is fun to help clients fulfill their window covering needs and I've made some great friends along the way! Great Company!

Cons

I can't really think of any "Cons".

3 Day Blinds2018-03-27

"Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked for the company almost 13 years now and actually almost everyone on my team is a tendered employee of over 5 years or more. 3DB shares there integrity with the client and the employee, that very important to me. I enjoy selling up to date products an the industries best, straight from the manufacture, which we are!! When my customers tell me that it looks like I love my job I reply "Yes I do an it helps when the company you work for is great to". They supply all of our networking pan-flits, samples, computers and phones, so not out of pocket. The training and support is also amazing!

Cons

I Honestly have no cons

3 Day Blinds2018-03-29

"Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Enjoy the fellow employees, flexible work schedule, and really appreciate our corporate office's work in keeping current with styles and updated color palettes. Always receiving current updated samples for style changes!

Cons

None that I have experienced.

3 Day Blinds2018-03-16

"Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work from home Company benefits Company provides all resources--tablets, phone, business cards, paid mileage, training, samples--everything! Can earn great money if you can sell!

Cons

Work from home means you will have work to do after hours at home-- but I knew that !

3 Day Blinds2017-02-01

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

Intense paid training. You will walk away with a wealth of knowledge. Provide reps with technology, phones, thinkpad, samples

Cons

After paid training you are on commission only. The problem is every coupon, discount, comes from the reps pocket. There were times when I was working for free. My region was suppose to be local however there were times I was driving close to LA over and hour away. I had to use my car and gas. no reimbursement. The kicker was you were suppose to get 3 leads a day. I was getting 2 leads on a good day. and sometimes no at all. They claim you can make $60k + not a chance.

3 Day Blinds2016-06-21

"Excellent toward customers, terrible to employees."

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Orange, CA

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

I felt confident that I was selling a quality product and that I needn't worry about the quality of what my customers would receive. The sales samples, laptop, cell, and tech support were excellent.

Cons

Scheduling was done by customer service reps with no regard for logistics, so appointments were never scheduled sensibly or efficiently. If a customer were to ask me to change their appointment I was not allowed to do so and had to go through several layers of beurocracy to do so. Leaving it on my calendar affected my close rate which affected whether I was given 'good' appointments. Hours were demanding, with a minimum of 20 appointments run per week including mandatory evening and weekends. This means, with driving, paperwork, follow-up, and second-appointments, that an average work-week was 60 hours. Often more. Commissions were paid on a schedule that required .01% error rate on all orders. That is fine, except that all errors made by anyone (installer, factory, etc.) were attributed to me and had to be fought, meaning that commission payment was a constant battle. There were 22 different products which had to be available to show at every appointment and each one had to be understood and entered into the computer system correctly and quickly, despite the system being quite tedious for order entry. This made appointments slow to finish, which annoyed customers and sometimes required second appointments, which cost me money and time. My manager was efficient and kind but the system was brutal and was not designed to retain good, intelligent reps. It was designed to burn through reps without paying them their bonuses. Shame.

3 Day Blinds2014-04-29
  10. "Tons of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Design Consultant

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been in this industry for about 7 years now, and cannot say enough positive things about 3DB! As a Design Consultant, they provided extensive product training before sending me out into the field and there are people available to help as questions arise, so I always feel supported. They gave me all the samples to sell from for free, which is amazing, because with other companies you often have to invest your own money and they are not cheap! I'm 100% commission, which I love because I essentially get to write my own pay check. The incentives and bonuses are great and I also get full health benefits. The product quality is terrific and makes me proud to sell it.

Cons

Sales can be a tough business, but I think people are inherently sales oriented or they aren't. If you love it like I do, then this is a great company to work for with tons of earning potential.

3 Day Blinds2013-10-15