KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3 Day Blinds

Is this your company?

3 Day Blinds

Add a Review

3 Day Blinds Employee Reviews about "samples"

Updated Nov 8, 2018

Found 12 of over 210 reviews

3.5
3 Day Blinds CEO Dave Hall (no image)
Dave Hall
Pros
  • "Always receiving current updated samples for style changes(in 12 reviews)

• "It is entirely up to the Design Consultant on how much you want to earn and how you build your business(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Marketing advertises discounts that cuts into Design Consultants commission(in 9 reviews)

• "Micromanage from upper management(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "samples"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Design consultant

Nov 8, 2018 - Designer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They supply you with all the sales tools and samples for in-home sales. They have a customer care team designated for the designers for all our needs.

Cons

You need to be organized as the days can run long.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A fun place to work, where you're backed by a dedicated team of professionals!

Oct 15, 2013 - Design Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

3 Day Blinds does everything it can to support the sales team. Management is accessible, friendly, and responsive to ideas from the field. As a salesperson, it is important to me that I work for a company that backs up the promises that I make to my customers, and 3 Day Blinds does this 100%. The company provides us with all of the materials that we need to do our jobs - from samples to marketing materials to a laptop and printer, I am given all of the tools that I need to perform at a top level. Our merchandising team is constantly reviewing market trends and looking to develop products that excite our customers. This means that I have beautiful products to sell, which makes my job more enjoyable. We seem to be coming up with updates and new additions to our offerings a couple of times a year, keeping things fresh and interesting for both myself AND my customers. I love our products and it shows in my sales presentations.

Cons

As with any company, there are areas that can be improved upon. However, 3 Day Blinds does tackle problems as they arise. Management is very responsive and is always looking for ways to improve our systems. The "open door" policy of the company means that any employee is free to discuss their concerns without worry. In fact, it seems to me that most of our problem solvers are non-management people. This is truly a company that listens.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent toward customers, terrible to employees.

Apr 28, 2014 - Design Consultant in Orange, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I felt confident that I was selling a quality product and that I needn't worry about the quality of what my customers would receive. The sales samples, laptop, cell, and tech support were excellent.

Cons

Scheduling was done by customer service reps with no regard for logistics, so appointments were never scheduled sensibly or efficiently. If a customer were to ask me to change their appointment I was not allowed to do so and had to go through several layers of beurocracy to do so. Leaving it on my calendar affected my close rate which affected whether I was given 'good' appointments. Hours were demanding, with a minimum of 20 appointments run per week including mandatory evening and weekends. This means, with driving, paperwork, follow-up, and second-appointments, that an average work-week was 60 hours. Often more. Commissions were paid on a schedule that required .01% error rate on all orders. That is fine, except that all errors made by anyone (installer, factory, etc.) were attributed to me and had to be fought, meaning that commission payment was a constant battle. There were 22 different products which had to be available to show at every appointment and each one had to be understood and entered into the computer system correctly and quickly, despite the system being quite tedious for order entry. This made appointments slow to finish, which annoyed customers and sometimes required second appointments, which cost me money and time. My manager was efficient and kind but the system was brutal and was not designed to retain good, intelligent reps. It was designed to burn through reps without paying them their bonuses. Shame.

13 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Endless Potential

Nov 6, 2018 - Design Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

3 Day Blinds provides all of your marketing material, samples to show your clients, and extensive, continual product/selling training (they even pay you while you're in training!) As a design consultant, the pay is unmatched to any sales job: It's a commission and bonus structure, so there is endless potential to make money, which is up to you (I have made more money every year & have been with the company for 7 years). They provide all of your leads and even reward you for bringing in your own leads. They provide full benefits & despite being a large corporate company, they make sure your voice is heard; constantly evolving to the benefit of everyone. Your schedule is flexible & you're not at a desk or in an office, so you basically get to run your own business, but backed by a great company.

Cons

It is certainly not a job for everyone and can be stressful at times. You have to be able to adapt quickly, manage time well & work with all types of people, as you are in people's homes all day. Although the commission/bonus pay structure is a plus, the pay is not always the same every month, so you have to be able to manage your business wisely and put in the work.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

IN-HOME DESIGN CONSULTANT

Mar 26, 2018 - Design Consultant in San Clemente, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with 3 Day Blinds of 11 years and I LOVE it here! They are an awesome and progressive company. They have Excellent Customer Care, hassle-free ordering, fast delivery and the best products and selection in the industry! I do In-Home Sales Consultations. They provide all samples, computer, printer all at no charge. I have an awesome 401k plan with employer match and a fabulous PPO Health Plan. Every morning I get an email from our own production facility with production performance, whether they are On-Schedule, or if they are behind, they let me know by how many days they are Off-Schedule! I also receive, again every morning, an inventory report of all materials that are out of stock, or low inventory or discontinued. They provide Company Leads, which keep us quite busy, thru various forms of advertising, all at no cost to me! Plus we can supply our own appointments, which is fun because we can network and promote 3 Day Blinds in our home community! The work is very rewarding, it is fun to help clients fulfill their window covering needs and I've made some great friends along the way! Great Company!

Cons

I can't really think of any "Cons".

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Tons of Opportunity

Oct 15, 2013 - Design Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been in this industry for about 7 years now, and cannot say enough positive things about 3DB! As a Design Consultant, they provided extensive product training before sending me out into the field and there are people available to help as questions arise, so I always feel supported. They gave me all the samples to sell from for free, which is amazing, because with other companies you often have to invest your own money and they are not cheap! I'm 100% commission, which I love because I essentially get to write my own pay check. The incentives and bonuses are great and I also get full health benefits. The product quality is terrific and makes me proud to sell it.

Cons

Sales can be a tough business, but I think people are inherently sales oriented or they aren't. If you love it like I do, then this is a great company to work for with tons of earning potential.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Design Consultant

Mar 29, 2018 - Design Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for the company almost 13 years now and actually almost everyone on my team is a tendered employee of over 5 years or more. 3DB shares there integrity with the client and the employee, that very important to me. I enjoy selling up to date products an the industries best, straight from the manufacture, which we are!! When my customers tell me that it looks like I love my job I reply "Yes I do an it helps when the company you work for is great to". They supply all of our networking pan-flits, samples, computers and phones, so not out of pocket. The training and support is also amazing!

Cons

I Honestly have no cons

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't waste your time

Jun 21, 2016 - Design Consultant in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Intense paid training. You will walk away with a wealth of knowledge. Provide reps with technology, phones, thinkpad, samples

Cons

After paid training you are on commission only. The problem is every coupon, discount, comes from the reps pocket. There were times when I was working for free. My region was suppose to be local however there were times I was driving close to LA over and hour away. I had to use my car and gas. no reimbursement. The kicker was you were suppose to get 3 leads a day. I was getting 2 leads on a good day. and sometimes no at all. They claim you can make $60k + not a chance.

13 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun Place To Work With Awesome Earning Potential

Nov 6, 2018 - Design Consultant in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

SGA Program, this company gives more leads than any sales job I've ever had, but they will add to your bonus for bringing in your own leads. Earning potential is huge. The company provides everything you need in terms of samples and technology, it's all top notch.

Cons

Everything was explained to me when I came on board and I understood the job, no complaints so far!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Opportunity

Feb 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

work from home Company benefits Company provides all resources--tablets, phone, business cards, paid mileage, training, samples--everything! Can earn great money if you can sell!

Cons

Work from home means you will have work to do after hours at home-- but I knew that !

2 people found this review helpful