314e Reviews | Glassdoor

Abhishek Begerhotta

1. "So Far So Good"

Current Employee - Recruiting Associate in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Associate in Fremont, CA

I have been working at 314e full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at the company for less than a year, but here's what i've noticed so far:
    - 314e is a pretty small company, so you interact with just about everyone on a day-to-day basis.
    - The training is thorough and you will receive support from everyone on your team.
    - Despite working on metrics, Recruiters are not overly competitive with one another.
    - Full benefits
    - Free breakfast on Mondays, free lunches every month. Company sponsored get-togethers every quarter.
    - Work-life balance is great, and they are flexible with you taking time off work.

Cons

- Inconsistent workflow. Sometimes work is very slow, and some days it is very fast-paced. It's hard to predict what your week will be like.
    - Management is all about objectives, so they only care about the bottom-line. For the most part, if upper management trusts you, they will be pretty hands-off. However, if you mess up at all, then they will really begin to micromanage.
    - High turn-over rate due to opportunities being presented elsewhere, meaning more work for the rest of the team when someone leaves.

Advice to Management

- Give your employees more incentives to stay. Make them feel like you value their work, especially in such a competitive market.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

Pros

314e is a great company to learn the ins and outs of the staffing industry. As a recruiter here, you're not only building a relationship with candidates and closing deals with them, but you're also sourcing for fresh ones through multiple channels. Since the team is smaller, you have an opportunity to develop great friendships. There are monthly contests, lunches, and even a few company-friendly competitions spread throughout the year.

This is a company where you will thrive and succeed as long as you put in the work. There are definite rewards in commission and salary increases, but there can also be a lack of trust.

Cons

Unfortunately at 314e, there isn't much room for upwards mobility. What you'll be doing your first month there is pretty much what you'll be doing 2 years in. Yes you'll get rewarded in monetary value for your successes, but it's easy to feel limited in this kind of culture.

Everyone seems to complain about management here, but I can at least say that my direct manager at 314e was also one of my biggest supporters. If you really take the team, management will understand where you're coming from - but this 'privilege' is given once they know you can do the work (hit the numbers).

You are forced to have fixed 1 hour lunches and also leave exactly after 8 work hours - or work overtime when there are urgent roles. Yes, it's expected to work overtime during urgent roles, but it's a little unfair to not trust your employees enough to give fixed hours even if they've been killing it all day/ week.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees more and find ways to reward them outside of just monetary value. Don't give false negatives to motivate them.

3. "STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY"

Former Employee - Recruiting Associate in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Associate in Fremont, CA

I worked at 314e (More than a year)

Pros

It was a great opportunity to make new friends and meet some great people.

Cons

CEO has attitude problem. They don't trust their employees. No proper training provided. False promises to clients.Lots of projects get started. Few get finished.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat employees properly.

5. "Associate"

Pros

Great out of college recruiting gig.

Cons

Hard grind for low salary.

Advice to Management

Give better commission.

6. "Epic Consultant"

I have been working at 314e full-time

Pros

. A good and enterprising small size company.
    . Good market presence in Epic space and in some other niche areas.

Cons

. High health insurance contribution for employees with family takes the charm out of having health insurance as a benefit.
    . Does not cover dental and vision. Hurts double as there are no good individual dental insurance out in the market with reasonable copay's.
    . 401K is not matched.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Love the people, dislike the management"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Fremont, CA

I worked at 314e full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. 314e has a great, young environment. The one thing that 314e has done right is maintaining the work culture by hiring people with similar personalities. All the teams here [admin, sales and, recruiters] all get along and hang out together. There is also free breakfast every Monday morning, which is definitely something nice to make Mondays a bit better. Each month there is a team lunch where one of the teams will provide lunch for the whole company and there is also a company potluck. There are also quarterly parties.

It's a great place to get experience fresh out of college to start your career.

They also have a team in India so it was pretty cool being able to interact with individuals in another country and getting to know them as well.

Cons

The management. They have a hard time trusting their employees. The micromanagement isn't building any morale but rather it is decreasing it. They need to give employees some breathing room to work and trust that they have trained them well enough to do their work correctly. If they need help, trust that they will ask someone whether it be the lead or manager. They also fail at giving each employee an equal opportunity to succeed.

Growth: There is minimal growth here. As others have mentioned, get in and get out. Get the experience you need and move on.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and stop with the micromanagement. Make meetings more meaningful and strategize on what possible search strings to try or take the time and stay up to date with recruiting trends or sourcing tactics. Don't just give a random search string that brings up many candidates that aren't even qualified just because you saw a few qualified candidates. Actually try and train the recruiters on the roles and the skills required so that they will be able to produce a solid search string. If you don't know what a role requires or what search string to help a recruiter with, don't just make something up because that does not help. Also, LISTEN. Please do not just "park" ideas all the time. Listen to what each employee has to say and write it down. Even if it cannot be done right away, just keep it in consideration.

Be more transparent with the company's growth. How did 314e do last quarter? The prior year?

8. "Great company, Great staff"

Current Employee - Clinical Systems Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Systems Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 314e full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working for 314e as a consultant for over two months. Ever since I was approached by one of their recruiters, I have observed dedication to find a best position that would fit my skills and experience. Through out every stage of transition from my previous employer to full time employment with 314e, and then to my first assignment with the company client, all staff in every level had gone above and beyond to make the experience smooth and accommodating. They have also been very considerate of making the travels to and from home, which is on the other side of country, as accommodating as possible. Visiting the staff at Fremont, I observed support, kindness and consideration. Recommending the company to my family members as a great place of employment, demonstrates my belief in quality of the company.

Cons

The benefits could be better and the structure of the office at Fremont could use improvement.

9. "Good learning experience."

I worked at 314e full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I echo the sentiment of the others that posted before me; the best thing about 314e, the people! It is a really young environment so it is a great opportunity to meet young business professionals and bond over the after school transition into the business world. I also have seen a lot of improvements take place while I was at 314e. They now have a ping pong table, snacks, Monday morning breakfasts, and bi-weekly potlucks/company sponsored lunches. These things did not happen over night but have been welcome changes appreciated by the employees of 314e. From a growth perspective, I have been fortunate enough to get outside, professional training on two separate occasions. I feel like this kind of training has really prepared me to take a large leap forward in my next job. I was also given the ability/trust to work in a few different capacities which I feel greatly improved my leadership abilities. All-in-all, 314e Corporation has opened up a number of doors for me and I am extremely grateful.

Cons

I really wish the upper management would trust its employees more. They micromanage on a regular basis not necessarily to be malicious but because they truly do want to help. I am constantly getting pings and emails from upper management to follow up on things that I have covered 3 hours ago. This lack of trust is really upsetting to me. I also worry about this company from an organizational stand point. As others have stated, they tend to jump around a lot. The inconsistency creates an uncomfortable atmosphere that makes people feel lost. 314e loves to live in a grey space. They don't give feedback on the company performance nor the employee's performance. People feel like the company is going to go under even when the company is doing great. I also worry about the quality of job orders/new business. The major accounts have begun to dry up as of late. In order for 314e to stay viable they need to develop new business. This is certainly possible but it will be a major challenge in an ultra-competitive healthcare IT space.

Advice to Management

Transparency is essential. Value your employees and review what each person brings to the table (through metrics/hard facts). Just because somebody is younger does not mean that they are not one of your strongest contributors. Management has lost and will continue to lose extremely skilled employees because of hubris.

"Get in, get out, make friends, and don't look back"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fremont, CA

I worked at 314e full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

314e hires mostly new college grads, which made it a great transition out of college for me. It was comforting working in an office with people around my age and who were going also adjusting to life after college. It was a great opportunity to make new friends and meet some great people.

Cons

Working at 314e was quite the experience, and an experience I hope I never have to have again in my professional career. From the poor business ethics to the poor management, it was more of a negative learning experience for me. I found that management was quite misleading to their employees, clients, and customers in ways which made me feel really uncomfortable. Even something as simple as my job description was inaccurate and very misleading. If I had known exactly what they expected me to do at this job, I never would have accepted the role in the first place. I was not a recruiter or sales team member but an Administrative Assistant, and because of this there was absolutely no structure for my position. Rather then having a list of set responsibilities from the get go, I had to ask for tasks to complete since they clearly had no idea of what they wanted me to do along with the other members of my team. The fact that I had to seek out responsibilities at a company which acted as if they had everything together showed their lack of professionalism and ability to manage well. Nearly all of the assignments that were given to me were tasks that they didn't want to bother the recruiters and sales team with. It was clear that they had an issue with changing processes constantly and their way of handling these changes was to pile them onto the administrative team. This made for a very hectic and inconsistent work environment.

Although I had concerns regarding the role I was hired for, it would have been much better if I could have had constructive communication with the management team. It was quite difficult speaking with them since they constantly turned a blind eye to how they treat their employees and showed no interest in the morale of those who worked under them. The managers I worked with the most were quite passive aggressive, which made resolving issues or concerns highly unproductive. Rather then acting as managers and helping to fix issues, they would brush off any responsibility in the manner and blame employees for mistakes that they could have helped to easily avoid. My manager would rarely speak with me, and when I went to her with questions or concerns, she would never do much to help.
    When I had brought up that I felt that I needed more training in managing accounts, which she also was responsible for, she replied that it was my responsibility to seek out training elsewhere. At times like this, it would have been nice to have my manager provide me with guidance and support, like managers should do.

Overall, my experience at 314e was quite a disappointment. Entering the position I was excited to learn more about the business of healthcare, but contrary to their website, I really only learned about poor business practices at a recruiting firm. It was clear that this company was willing to do whatever it took to make profits, even if it meant going against practical business ethics at times. Some of the events that took place in that company did make me feel uncomfortable, and I am happy that I was able to leave when I did. With their set of priorities, I don't see this company lasting too long into the future. Their primary focus for recruiting is in a portion of the market which is dying, but no constructive measures seem to be taken to ensure they keep up with the latest in the market. From the treatment of their employees to the focus as a company, the longevity of this company is not promising at all.

Advice to Management

With such a high turn over rate at this company, maybe they didn't feel the need to take the time to ensure that their employees were happy if they were expecting them to all just leave within a short time. But regardless, I believe this company would benefit highly if they took the time to provide a stronger foundation for their company, improve company moral, and strive to keep their employees for more than just a year. I would also advise them to practice better business ethics in order to set a better example for their young employees. For many who work there, it is their first real job out of college. Teaching these new workers poor ethics and business practices in only doing a disservice to them and their future professional careers.

11. "Mundane Company"

Former Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at 314e full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

no positive on this company.

Cons

Mundane Company, CEO has attitude problem.