352 Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Geoffery Wilson

1. "Only Self Starters Need Apply"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at 352 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love this company and couldn't be happier. This is an agency that allows you and your team the control and flexibility to set your own processes. The management style is hands off and they expect you to be a self starter. Come with ideas; but, be ready to be the one to act on them.

Cons

This is a very flat organization. If you care about moving up and having a certain title, this is not the place for you and that's okay. We have a small leadership team here and 352 is better because of it. More gets done and our vision is clear.

Advice to Management

Keep doing you.

"Meh"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at 352 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Little to no micromanagement.
    Ability to work with newer technologies.
    Friendly people.

Cons

Ineffective leadership. "Barely Manage to Lead" is the literal motto. Management is not involved in actual project work enough to know when things are going south.

Botched sales and bad projects. You can be working on a good long-term project, or forced to slog through a bad one with no end in sight. Your concerns about the bad projects will be ignored or miscommunicated at the upper levels, and much of the burden will fall on you.

Going above and beyond your duties will get you a pat on the back and not much more.

Your team is disposable if sales dry up. Even if there's a long line of employees hired after you.

Pay is low for comparable positions in the area.

Advice to Management

Focus on being transparent, even when times are tough. You cannot paint a picture of well being during one staff meeting, and announce the layoff of an entire team during the next.

3. "352 - I love my job!"

Current Employee - Interactive Designer in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Interactive Designer in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at 352 Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Having worked with 352 for over a decade I've had the privilege of working with many many great clients and fellow 352'ers. 352 is definitely a second family to me. I am continually challenged by new projects and as a result am constantly growing. The 352 design community is a very collaborative and embracing group with an amazing talent level.

Cons

It's honestly hard for me to come up with much. Even looking back over a number of years I fail to see much that could've been better. That's a real testament to the leadership of management and the culture of 352 as a whole. I have found every office very welcoming and I always look forward to seeing us all assemble at the Annual Retreat.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are. I feel very supported and nurtured with more than amply room to breath freely :)

"Great culture, leadership team and work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at 352 Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Where to begin? Working for 352 has been a true pleasure. I look forward to going to work and love the people I work with. Surrounded by very talented, fun people. There is a great work/life balance - the leadership team cares about you enjoying your life outside of the office, is super flexible with schedules and tries to plan/promote a lot of fun events. It's small enough that it feels like a family but large enough that you get to work with a variety of people.

The salary is fairly competitive, especially for its size, although sometimes entry positions can be a bit low. If you're very self-motivated, there is ample opportunity to make your mark and provide value with your own initiatives. I've also been very pleased that leadership is very eager to receive feedback from its employees, desires to continue to grow and adapt and become better and better. It's a young, motivated, creative work environment. Also, as companies go 352 really tries to avoid ugly politics and believes in honesty/transparency. The flex time is great, there are nerf wars and games in the office and everyone seems happy to be there.

Cons

It's a small company without middle management, so your growth potential is mostly salary based and not necessarily title based. If you're highly ambitious and care about moving through the ranks, this isn't the place for you. Also, because it's a smaller company, the benefits are not what you would get at a large company. They're good for the size of the company, but they can't do certain things like tuition reimbursement at this point, although they do fund certain conferences, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and keep striving for growth as you do. Be willing to raise pay to keep your top performers around.

"More than a job"

I have been working at 352 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great Management
    - Great work environment
    - Sense of purpose and that me and my contributions/ideas matter
    - That I am listened too
    - Unified drive for excellence and to be a leader in our industry

Working at 352 has given me peace of mind and happiness. This is the first company I have worked at where the first thought wasn't "Maybe I could call in sick" when waking up in the morning. I truly am happy to go to the office and do my job.

The culture of the company is something I can only do little justice by explaining it via text. It is something you have to experience. I feel as if I am in a family instead of co-workers.

We have company events all of the time. One of which is "Race to 352", the leaders actually stop all work in the company and give us all a week to better ourselves and create something we feel is useful.

Everyone who works at 352 really shares the same goal, to strive to be THE leader in our industry. It isn't something that was hammered into us by management. It is because the leaders in our company along side each of the employees believes in our core values:

- Everything starts with inspired people
    - Teamwork amplifies our talents and elevates our abilities
    - Building relationships empowers us to delight and amaze
    - Smart solutions create exceptional results
    - Celebrating wins fuels our culture

These are values we all hold dear when we are working along side a client because we know we aren't just making a site or turning out a product. A lot of times we are literally making a clients business goals a reality and the work we do can affects peoples lives.

Geoff Wilson is our CEO, and much like I said about the culture, it is hard to describe him in just a few lines of text. Working for him is something I would want everyone to experience. He is one of the kindest people I have ever met, he truly cares about his employees and you can see it in everything he does. Aside from being kind, he has the intellect and business sense to take us into the future and build 352 as a pillar in our industry. That being said, he is a person that you respect but are not intimidated by. He leaves his door open and welcomes anyone that wants to come in and speak with him, whether it is discussing a problem or pitching an idea for the company, you can always tell he listens and really takes what you say to heart before answering.

Cons

Any con I would put here would be pointless because they are usually temporary. As issues arise Geoff and the rest of management always have an open door and address them as they come up. If I have had a large issue, whenever I leave one of their offices I know there is a plan in place and how it will be fixed.

Advice to Management

Stay as connected to the employees and company culture as you are. I wouldn't trade what we have for the world and as we grow (Which we are very fast, I might add), I just hope we never forget what we have.

6. "Everything I was hoping it would be!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at 352 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

352 has a great reputation but I always wondered if it was too good to be true. Nope! It's a great place to work and the work the company produces is nothing short of amazing.

Cons

Not much bad to say... maybe a greater variety of healthy snacks in the break room? Most of the free snacks are candy or chips.

Advice to Management

Management does a good job of listening to the employees, so I think they have already heard whatever advice I could possibly give.

"Great people, exciting projects, must love sports!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I worked at 352 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Awesome people. Great talent development.

Cons

Normal day to day issues come up but management does their best to address the issues

8. "Not a Job, a Cool Family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newberry, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newberry, FL

Pros

Great culture, great people, and great work. We get to work on some super high profile stuff, so the work is as rewarding as the atmosphere.

Cons

It's still work, so there's that...

9. "I hope to be working there for the next 35 years.never"

Current Employee - Interactive Web Designer in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Interactive Web Designer in Gainesville, FL

Pros

The culture is a huge part of the company as a whole - professional yet uber fun and laid back. The quality of work is amazing and ever-inspiring, with a team of excited and talented individuals.

Cons

We are actively working to eliminate those things that would be considered negatives of working at 352. The one thing that will remain, however, is that if you don't like working with clients and dealing with their opinions, then this is in general not the field for you.

Advice to Management

Management has done an amazing job keeping up with the thoughts, concerns and issues that arise in their employees. My only feedback is to continue with what you're doing - I am thrilled with how things are!

10. "Great place"

Former Employee - Intern in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Intern in Gainesville, FL

Pros

Great company culture, great hours, great people, great support

Cons

Sometimes hard to stay focused at work with the massage chair only a few doors down.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin on.