360 Mortgage Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Greco

1. "Not your typical mortgage company!"

Former Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX

Pros

It must be said that this is not your typical stale, old school mortgage company. I have been in the mortgage industry for about 12 years, so I've been a few places. None feel as laid back and casual and inviting as 360. From the get-go it felt almost like a tech start-up company rather than a mortgage company. Great company events and friendly people across the board. Because it's so small, changes and suggestions don't have to be vetted up the ladder to two or three different levels of management-you can hold meetings almost immediately and tackle the issue at hand. Additionally, most everyone is cheery and upbeat while working hard at the same time. People who love potlucks will love it hear, too. Also, there is a snack time everyday at 3PM where the company provides healthy brain-food snacks to pick you up right in that dead spot of the afternoon where all you want to do is take a nap. The value of this and what it does to productivity cannot be underestimated!
    There also is a reward/recognition program where once a month an employee is awarded $1,000 for a good deed. The catch is that you have to write in good deeds about your coworkers as well in order to be eligible to be put in the running (along with someone nominating you of course). It's really unique and definitely fosters teamwork and in a round about way makes you appreciate your co-workers more, and also conversely highlights how they may appreciate your efforts more than one would realize. Industry-specificity aside, this is a unique company overall.

Cons

The location is right in a traffic-prone area with only two "escape routes", so it's best to plan your commutes (either come in early or stay later). If there is an accident (or rain, because it's Austin), you're stuck on that side of town until traffic unwinds. Also, some of the work is very manual, but then that can be a good thing-if you know how to perform a task manually, then you know the in's and out's of that task, so you are an immediate expert on that process once it is automated. THAT'S IT.

Advice to Management

Although my time here was relatively short due to me taking an opportunity outside of Austin, for the most part the management staff that I dealt with were knowledgeable and VERY approachable. My only advice would be to keep that open-door environment as the company continues to grow and expand, and to continue to hire like-minded people that will only enhance the current culture.

Sep 30, 2016 – Content Writer / Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the amazing review! We're so happy you enjoyed working with us. Thanks again, 360 Mortgage Group, LLC

2. "Good company"

Pros

Relaxed dress code, fun people, flexible hours, good benefits, and the company has a culture committee to help foster a friendly working environment.

Cons

Office temperatures are wildly varied depending on where you sit, but often it is too cold so bring your sweaters and jackets!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jan 11, 2017 – Content Writer / Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the positive review! 360 Mortgage Group does its best to cultivate a fun and positive working environment and we’re glad that you’ve noticed it. Our office temperature is controlled by ... More

3. "Could be better."

I have been working at 360 Mortgage Group full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Nice perks like catered lunch EOM.
    They are very flexible and accommodating with time and appointment

Cons

Career track is slow.
    Pay seems below standard since 360 requires a degree for this position.

Nov 28, 2016 – Content Writer / Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’re glad you like our end of the month lunches and flexibility. We strive to give young professionals a great start within the industry. Pay ... More

5. "Small Company, Going Big"

I have been working at 360 Mortgage Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing quickly and there is a lot to learn in regards to systems. There is a great work environment for the moment. Senior management has hired great people in all areas. This is a great company.

Cons

The work can be challenging at times, however it is important to research the issues and resolve them. There is a lot of learning going on, and in that aspect things are changing all the times. Unfortunately, the culture will change as time goes on, hopefully it can be world-class in the long run.

Advice to Management

Senior management is doing a great job. I appreciate their open door policy and I plan on using that to eventually show a neat product that can drive growth for the company.

Jun 17, 2016 – Content Writer / Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the positive review! We look forward to hearing you ideas on how we can drive the company forward. Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Warm regards, 360 Mortgage ... More

6. "Great Place to work. Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at 360 Mortgage Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to come to work, tech savvy company always searching for a better way to accomplish tasks. Our owners really care and it's shown through little daily things as well as good enconimic benefits.
    I personally was surprised and pleased at how substantially my 401k grew in a single year.

Like any other place I come to go to work. It's really appreciated, I love the folks I work with great team interaction

Cons

The Drive, more holidays would be appreciated. Too Small of work areas for servicing. Really that's it for me. I am very grateful for my position and job

Advice to Management

We do appreciate all those small things. Great coffee; clean water; monthend lunches; relaxed atmosphere; flex time if appropriate to your job; company outings. Spot award $1000.00 plus taxes in your account the next day.

We need more space but I believe that's coming soon.

May 27, 2016 – Content Writer / Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the review! We're happy that you enjoy working with us. With thanks and warm wishes, 360 Mortgage Group, LLC

7. "Best job ever!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

I love coming to a workplace where I feel valued and appreciated. Management is open to my input and ideas. The whole work environment is one of cooperation and determination. We work hard and play hard.

Cons

Like any growing company, there are growing pains. We may not be big enough for the next new software investment, but we're too big to fit in our current solutions. Good thing we have excellent technology driven minds who can find solutions.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on what's made the business successful. Don't forget that investing in good employees is just as important as investing in new technologies.

May 27, 2016 – Content Writer / Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the positive review and helpful feedback! We'll keep what you said in mind as we expand and we're glad that you enjoy working with us. Sincerely, 360 Mortgage Group, LLC

8. "Still bar none one of the best companies I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at 360 Mortgage Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedules (Great PTO) and if you ask they will allow altered hours in order to accommodate children, doctor appts etc. Great benefits package including 401K and profit sharing.

Knowledgeable support staff (I LOVE my direct supervisor and Main level boss) My supervisor is smart and easy to approach with thoughts or ideas on how to improve the department, efficiency of my job and my needs as a staff member. I feel valued in my department. I don’t feel micro managed like I have with jobs in the past. That can be distressing since I know what I am capable of and I know my value, I feel like my boss sees that as well.

Great CEO and CFO (Laid back atmosphere) The company offers end of the month staff lunches which are appreciated when you are hitting the end of month deadline and don’t want to leave the office to get lunch and it is free! They also offer fun team building exercises and morale boosting activities regularly. As well as recognition award monthly called the SPOT (Successful Person On Track) award. It is a program that allows you to submit feedback about your team members and win a $1000 incentive to strive for excellence.

Opportunities for advancement from within: I was promoted from within the company in my first 6 months. They see your value as a member of the team, your potential to grow and recognize you accordingly. I have also had two merit raises in 3 years. Continued education offered, available and encouraged. 360 Mortgage provide tools to further your education and although it is not required (in mine or most cases) it is encouraged and I appreciate the opportunity to grow.

Great diversity: 360 offers a very warm and accepting environment. We have a wide range of age groups and as well as culture and ethnicity. You need not be afraid to apply for fear of being rejected in any way, since I know personally of staff members who were given what I like to call ‘second chance’ opportunities here and the ability to prove themselves.

Cons

The commute for me is not ideal as a single mom and with three kids and the option to work from home (even just a few days a week on a regular basis) would be nice. I know it has been offered to other staff in the past despite my seniority I have not been offered it full time.

The pay could a tiny bit more competitive in this economy.

Advice to Management

In some instances team management (Support Staff /Middle management) could use more training to be better team leaders.

Delicate issues could be handled better (in some teams) – not mine but some.

If a staff member indicates a need for something (specific) try to actually inquire as to why that request is being made, get good feedback regarding it and make an educated decision rather than appearing as though you are simply dismissing it. (Perhaps a feedback box and/or a small committee of senior middle management admin staff that can be open minded to address these types of issues)

The SPOT awards rules could use a little tweaking. Good program but I do not participate due to my inability to comply with the requirements.

Apr 15, 2016 – Content Writer / Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the positive review and helpful feedback. 360 Mortgage Group prides itself on being a positive place to work and we're happy that you're enjoying your time with us. Thanks again ... More

9. "Fair employment and positive atmosphere"

I have been working at 360 Mortgage Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good growth potential, really engaging company atmosphere with regular company sponsored events.

Cons

expectations can be unclear depending on position.

Advice to Management

improved benefits package

Apr 15, 2016 – Content Writer / Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the positive review and your feedback on the company. Here at 360 Mortgage Group, we're always trying to improve the communication between employees and their supervisors. Any ... More

10. "Underwriter"

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter

I worked at 360 Mortgage Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, great co workers. Great place to learn when first entering the industry.

Cons

Pay is lower than industry norm. The management for underwriting is almost non existent, also there is a lot of micro management so not a lot is clear. Guidelines and overlays are not consistent, never sure what is acceptable.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and that they are adults.

Oct 26, 2015 – Content Writer / Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback to us through this review. We're glad that you found our atmosphere to be educational and friendly. We pride ourselves in giving all of our ... More

"Great Company!"

Pros

Great company to start in the industry, lots of learning, people are great!

Cons

High volume, salary could be a little better

Sep 16, 2015 – Content Writer / Social Media Specialist

Hello and thank you for the very positive review! It's true that we handle a lot of loans, but that's a good thing because it means job stability for our underwriters and the other members of our ... More