360i "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

360i Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 17, 2019

3.2
360i CEO Jared Belsky (no image)
Jared Belsky
Pros
  • "Smart People, Good Benefits, Fast Pace forces you to learn/grow(in 23 reviews)

• "Free bagels every other Friday and beer on tap(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance seems achievable here if you are willing to be viewed as a low performer(in 19 reviews)

• "Some upper management can really be very rude and don't empathize with their employees(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Things are changing"

I have been working at 360i full-time

Pros

The people are amazing. The majority of the people working at 360i are creative and passionate about their jobs. They put in lots of time because they want to, not necessarily because they have to. We work in a nice office with lots of nice perks but no one takes advantage of this or acts overly privileged. I've never seen so many people hang out at the office after hours and on the weekends. My co-workers and... myself included have made lasting friendships here. When 360i tells you something is going to happen, it usually does. They have their finger on the pulse of the industry and bend with the changes. They've won tons of awards and take part in lots of industry events.

Cons

Upper management is changing. Lots of strong leaders have left or have taken different roles. The acquisition with Dentsu for 360i and Steak was not smooth. Employees were confused about their titles and responsibilities, and some still are confused. A lot of turnover has happened over the few months and junior-mid level employees are leaving due to the uncomfortable atmosphere. These are the people who work... the hardest to keep the accounts running smoothly. I fear things will begin to crumble as these turnovers continue.

360i2014-08-29

"Disgraceful"

Former Employee - Media

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

Some people are nice, although they leave quickly. Some free snacks and office events.

Cons

If you like political mind games, walking around the office smiling, and glad-handing people, this environment is for you! This company presents an incredibly positive façade to clients and prospective employees alike. It is hard not to be fooled, which is why I am writing this review. You start out with great expectations and it’s true that this company has attracted a pretty solid client roster. However,... they don’t do this in the right way, and they don’t have the correct treatment of the people they need for execution. The organization is extremely top-heavy, when it should be a pyramid structure - fewer "upper management" and more people to do the executional work.   I see the word “toxic” in a below review, and that’s exactly the correct terminology to cover the company culture here. The toxicity will follow you home from work and bleed into your daily life and interactions with others. No matter how loudly a CEO beats the drum and touts culture, that doesn’t make it come into being when the employees themselves don’t manifest this in a work environment.   I’ve never before been treated with the sense of contempt and nastiness as I have by certain members of staff here. Bullying and cliques are common – people will step on you the instant they get the chance unless you do something to help them shuff off their workload. It makes for such a self-serving culture, and indeed there are no people who can lead and represent the culture. The company knows they have people up a creek because the marketing hiring environment right now is poor, so they use this as a license to do whatever they want with impunity. Social media drama and outside-of-work friendships are unreal here – never accept friend requests or anything because people only want this to get inside access to your life and gossip about it.  It’s such a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don’t environment that it makes you question your sanity. Don’t bring up a topic because it’s not pressing? Oh, you don’t show initiative. Bring up several valid concerns that urgently need to be addressed, even though they don’t have easy answers? Stop rocking the boat and keep your head down! Another point – if there is no easy answer, it is swept under the rug. That’s a problem for another day with this agency. I was branded as argumentative and difficult simply because I wanted information in a timely manner and asked critical-thinking questions. All of this literally sucked the life out of me during the time I worked there – I became a person I didn’t even recognize.  360i belongs to the DAN network but never once has that been a positive asset because there's no communication between entities. The benefits are also not up to snuff.

Advice to Management

Nothing - because in your own eyes, you are the paragon of marketing excellence. You aren't humble or self-aware enough to take any of the advice I post so I won't waste my words. Enjoy watching other companies eat your lunch.

360i2019-11-17
  3. "Good start for growth"

Former Employee - Ad Trafficker in Atlanta, GA

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

Nice perks, good place to learn some new things and grow

Cons

Some upper management can really be very rude and don't empathize with their employees. There are still people who act inmature and childish

Advice to Management

They really need to have more understanding for their employees concerning their management style. Many people don't stay around because of horrible communication and their salary.

360i2019-09-09

"A Ship with No Sail"

I have been working at 360i full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful coworkers who quickly become friends and some of the best mentors/bosses in my life there (not everyone is so lucky) Good network benefits (401k, health, vision, dental, etc...) Decent snacks and bagels on fridays with some cool events that were fun Summer Fridays and unlimited PTO (if you chose to take it) Awesome maternity/paternity leave (Bravo 360i) Some cool innovations are coming out of the creative... teams

Cons

Absent upper management (c-suite) who seemingly were only around to give bad news if they felt like talking about it or to talk about some award that was won. The agency as a whole is great at giving employee performance reviews / feedback on time which is nice, but........ a big BUT is even though you may have received high scores they are very poor at giving promotions or raises (excuse was usually related to not... enough business or business loss) ironic considering new business wins were always being annouced . I was witness to some of the most cringeworthy moments of my career where employees were treating subordinates like pure doo-doo. The culture of the agency was great in the begining and then started to slowly disintegrate into nothingness, and went from a culture of rewarding personal achievement and growth to more of a work hard/long hours or get out if you can't handle it type culture. Lastly since 360i has a footprint around the United States with offices in 3 different time zones, it can come across that if you don't work in the mothership of NYC or the Hub in Atlanta you are on a island in the sun hoping to be a part of the bigger picture.

Advice to Management

Happy Hours and snacks are great but what is even better is when you feel fulfilled as an employee when your achievements/hard work are rewarded. It can be as simple as a pat on the back/nice job from your boss or even better a raise and promotion for work well done. Just be truthful about the state of the agency as well.

360i2019-06-09

"You will immediately regret it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 360i full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays (which you typically can’t take because you have too much work to do), bagel Fridays, and really smart coworkers who are willing to help you out when upper management fails you.

Cons

Upper management is horrible. They do not communicate with you unless they have negative feedback. There aren’t any cross office processes, not even for items as important at finance/billing. Training is non existent which sucks because it’s why I wanted to come to 360i.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more.

360i2019-06-12

"It’s ok here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 360i full-time for less than a year

Pros

They hire well. Very nice co-workers who will try to help you as best they can. Good benefits like unlimited PTO, which they do actually let you take.

Cons

Almost no executive support and severely understaffed. They talk a real good game about how they are hiring, but nothing seems to change much. Meanwhile they keep pitching new business with no staffing to do the actual work. Work life balance seems achievable here if you are willing to be viewed as a low performer. Unless you are willing to work yourself to the bone and have no life out of 360i, you will not be... considered a good employee. There is no training to speak of. New people are left to flounder. They don’t even know who to go to for help. And without any support from upper management, you just feel stuck with no idea what is going on.

Advice to Management

Create a proper training and onboarding plan for new employees. Check in on your new people to see how they are doing. Make sure people have the support they need to do their jobs.

360i2019-04-24

"Not what it used to be"

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

It's a job if you need one

Cons

There are too many upper management that don't know what they are doing. Plus they tell their employees what they want to hear and not the truth. Nobody in upper management has your back.

360i2019-04-16

"Upsetting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

I worked at 360i full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros to this company

Cons

I have worked at multiple agencies in media from start up to big agencies, 360i LA is the WORST agency I have ever worked for. Every inch of this place is tainted with lies from upper management (from the director level and up), horrible work/life balance and a terrible client. The client is extremely demanding and demeaning to the point that the whole industry knows about this client and how horrible they are. They... will talk to the agency, as if they are stupid yet, they expect us to make lemonade out of lemons when it is not possible! Up to 5 minutes before launch, they will change the creative and demand that there are no mistakes with the publisher and that the screenshots are perfect. If we received creative two days before launch, that was blessing. Regarding the agency, there is clear favoritism because there have been clear complaints about from everyone at the agency about individuals, where HR will not reprimand or formally write them up – processes like that are literally a negligence to the office’s culture and encourages the mindset that anyone with a higher title can talk down to every single person under them. Also with upper management, they talk about everyone behind their backs. So, you cannot go to them with any of your problems because they will play the victim, pretend to literally cry with crocodile tears then immediately switch and act like you are the issue. Some of the employees are really working there because they used to work for the client so, they feel as if they can walk around 360i LA like they own the place but this mindset is changing everything for the actual worse because there is no clear support for anyone. The HR in LA is awful, they were brought from the headquarters but fail to realize that the problems in the HQ are not the same as what is occurring in the LA office, so please stop treating it like it is! There have been multiple emails sent and meetings that have been set up with HR to discuss issues about upper management and office culture but the solution is that the employees are promised that everything will get better and to stick it out but absolutely nothing is done for the employees at all besides berating them that they do not want to be here. There is a, “if you don’t like this office then leave to go somewhere else” attitude, which is not conducive to positive office morale. People have been thrown under the bus to the client and blamed for things that did not go right with the campaign. Things have gotten so bad that there aren’t certain activation teams anymore because they all quit. If you are thinking about applying or accepting a job in the LA office, don’t do it and run away FAST. You will have a horrible experience and work/life balance. It is a toxic office environment and this is not how a normal agency works. God forbid you need to leave on time for a pre-planned event, you will be chastised... Your hours are from 9-6, do not let them feel like you are inadequate for leaving on time. If you take advantage of the unlimited vacation (which they only have so they do not have to pay you out for vacation days), make sure you have everything on email – I was told that I could take a day off then the day before that day, I was told that they never said that I could take that day off but good thing that I had it on email to prove it was approved. Once you are in that office, everything you do will be judged – you cannot even take food from the lunch and learns that is sitting in the kitchen, if you are not in that lunch and learn… Make that make sense. If you choose to accept a job here, make sure that you have a paper trail for everything… they will try to turn your words against you.

360i2019-03-22

"Media Manager - Sr Media Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at 360i full-time for more than a year

Pros

None, other than the name associated. Very specialized roles and no cross team collaboration. Managers are not supportive and only look out for him/herself.

Cons

Dishonesty in upper management and managers. Overall poor quality of work. Poor work life balance and transparency. Heavy politics in management.

360i2017-11-23

"Deceptively Disappointing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at 360i full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a lot of glitter - swag when you get there, trainings that are supposed to help you grow, monthly parties with giveaways, and a 'start-up' feeling floor plan. The agency has a decent roster of clients, and it has a name in the industry.

Cons

There is a lack of creative insight here, as well as an inability to connect the dots throughout the creative process (from research to idea to execution). Despite how the company claims to position themselves to the press, innovation and creative output isn't its strong suite. Further, new ideas come off as threatening to middle and upper management (as do the people who bring them), mostly because teams are... fighting to keep their space against each other. Internal team politics - even at the junior levels can be just as catty, probably because senior management doesn't give them much freedom and hey, it's agency culture. Management is a huge issue - lots of young people here who have no idea how to work or manage others and feel easily threatened. Working together between teams is logistically difficult at best (they tend not to schedule meetings for all teams on accounts to discuss) and a nightmare at worse (ego-driven, territorial, and power plays). Age, lack of life experience, and privilege are problems with the types of people they hire in here (which tends to be the same kind of person, or at least, the kind of person who makes it here). Senior management is extremely cut- throat...those guys really don't like each other (another reason why teams don't work together). Promotions are based off of how much someone likes you, not your work. Everything is about image. Politically, there's a lot of dragging under the bus, but its done with smiles at beer time. Which is creepy.

Advice to Management

Workplace culture, man. Lots of these young guys are really getting their careers messed up by peers who don't know how to manage, or are capitalizing on low expectations of management to push their own careers ahead. Hire in different kinds of innovative thinkers, but before you do, make sure you have the system to support them, otherwise, you'll just mess up their careers too.

360i2017-01-14