3D Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

3D Systems President & CEO Vyomesh Joshi
Vyomesh Joshi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Not much room for growth or advancement (in 6 reviews)

• I would have to look for all information as there was no-one to train me and there were no people to help me with finding simple information (in 8 reviews)

"Leadership is lost alongside business results....no ability to execute"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chuck Hulls Innovation and forsight. The capability is there, but the leadership is short sighted and diversity doesn't exist. Just look at the leadership team.

Cons

Leadership is lost, business results are non existent. Preferential treatment runs rampant and there is no fairness or respect for employees.

Advice to Management

If you are looking for the reason for the failure, look at yourselves first. Shame on the board for letting leadership lead this company astray again.

"Know what you're signing up for"

Current Employee - Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great coworkers, young environment
    -Awesome location
    -Office perks like ping pong, gym, 'new age' feel
    -Good 'starter' job

Cons

-Salary/Benefits far below industry average - no bonuses, small annual bump
    -No career path/limited growth opportunities
    -No incentive for high performance, all employees rewarded/treated the same regardless of work ethic and time put in
    -Zero schedule flexibility, typically 40+ hour weeks

Advice to Management

At a certain point, the singular motivation of "patient outcomes" is not enough incentive to continue a career at 3DS. Below average pay and benefits combined with extensive hours leaves a lot to be desired. While it is very rewarding to be a part of work that directly impacts patients, it is not worth spending some of your best earning years being undervalued.

The reality of the situation, good or bad, is that people talk. Employees know new hires are getting paid more than the veteran team members that are training them. This is one of the issues with being underpaid - you will spend years trying to get back to proper valuation and never be made whole for the time spent hoping for more.

It is incredibly frustrating for VJ to point to the healthcare division as a model for the rest of the company, yet there is next to nothing being done at the average employee level to reward this level of work. Our customers clearly value our hard work as evidence by the great NPS scores, but why keep delivering excellence without incentive? This is ultimately why employees fresh out of school end up leaving after a few years, and their experience/relationships walk out the door with them. Colorado is too hot of a market, and like it or not, the millennial workforce has driven a shift in standard work day- more schedule flexibility, efficiency, personal accountability. Maybe this business model works well as the numbers are still on the way up, but by no means is the healthcare division a great place to work.

"Salary Adjustment Issues"

Current Employee - Designer in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Designer in Littleton, CO

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting work, Medical field is growing strong, valuable rewarding work.

Cons

Compensation has been very low. Recently, they attempted to hire new people at a 10% higher salary than current experienced employees make. It's been a known issue for over a year and they have yet to fix it. Many have left, more are looking to leave for this reason.

Advice to Management

Pay your people appropriately or you will never build a great teams.

Jun 30, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

Hello and thank you for your feedback. One of our top 2017 priorities in the company right now is to provide consistency and transparency around job roles and descriptions, pay ranges and career... More

"Work environment was hellish."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at 3D Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cannot come up with a good thing to say about the company. It thinks it is still the leader in the industry.

Cons

More Chiefs than companies 10 times their size. Yet no one leads. Cronies are getting wealthy. Most people just go through the motions until they can find a better job.

Advice to Management

Cut about 15 useless VP's. Hire more workers.

"inconsistent and unfair"

Current Employee - Manufacturing in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Manufacturing in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's better than having no job.

Cons

inconsistent in their regulatory practices:

tolerates a hostile workplace environment

HR is lazy --- if there is an infraction that is obviously a disturbance, barely anything is done. However, if someone steals a Dannon Yogurt from the break room fridge, that's some high priority emails blasted out to everybody but the big bosses.

Condescending - if you are a professional, don't be expected to be treated like one.

Advice to Management

stop micromanaging -- upper management, scrutinize the middle management a lot more closely.

Jun 2, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

Hi. I want to respond to your comment. As a company, we absolutely do not tolerate a hostile workplace environment. I encourage you to reach out and talk to me personally about your situation... More

"Growing Pains"

Former Employee - Assembler in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Assembler in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Marketable skills. Fun coworkers. Interesting product to work with. Seems like all admin and clerical staff enjoyed their work and environment. May have been a good place for those with technology skills in the beginning as there are senior techs who do get treated well and enjoy their jobs.

Cons

Does not play well with contractors. Not kind to production line employees at all. Daily browbeating by lower management due lack of planning by those further up. Low wages for production line employees even after you learn your whole product line and then some.

Advice to Management

Lack of planning on your part does not justify the mistreatment of the production line employees. Also: levels of respect for employees should be consistant across the entire organization.

Jun 2, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

Hello. Thank you for your comment. As the VP of Culture and Engagement I take all feedback seriously. This is not consistent with our company values and I will look into it further.

Nicole... More

"3D"

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Industry, Talent, Customers, Strategy, Future

Cons

HP, HP, HP, HP, HP, Poor Execution

"Don't Bother"

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time

Pros

If you absolutely have to work for a 3d printer company, I suppose you could do worse.

Cons

If you have transferable skills look elsewhere. The company is comprised of poorly integrated business units with no effective strategy for making them work together profitably. Benefits are mediocre at best and employee recognition is abysmal.

Advice to Management

Break this company up. Sell off non-essential assets and refocus on core strength which, I suppose, is manufacturing professional 3D printers.

"Senior Buyer"

Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Herndon, VA

I worked at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative product - which was really exciting

Cons

- No fixed strategy to move forward, there were either no forecasts or wrong forecasts which made it difficult to achieve Company's goals

"I worked at 3D Systems for approx two years."

Former Employee - Global Sales and Customer Service in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Global Sales and Customer Service in Rock Hill, SC

Pros

Decent Insurance and the ability to make up time due to appointments during the day.
    Some of the people are great and feel the way as I did seeking change.

Cons

I worked at 3D Systems for approx 2 years. I was cursed out by a team mate and that team mate was allowed to remain employed there. I had a manager that talked about everyone she didn't' like.
    I went to HR more than 3 times with issues, the initial request for help took them 7 months to respond, while I continued working in the toxic environment.

The managers are incompetent and change is needed. I am not surprised that the company is doing poorly as the management is killing it! I had a manager that didn't like conflict and had no business being in the position she was in.

Advice to Management

Look at the managers you have in place and listen to those going to HR seeking help due to issues not being addressed. Treat everyone the same and see that the managers are doing the same. Being in a click does not equate to good treatment. the manager I had had the mentality that if she didn't address an issue it would eventually go away.. Shame to lose good people for lack of help from managers.