3D Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
3D Systems President & CEO Vyomesh Joshi
Vyomesh Joshi

Pros
  • It's cool to be able to work with such cutting edge technology on a daily basis (in 12 reviews)

• Even though there's a lot of work, the company is very flexible with scheduling, which certainly improves the work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Fast growth also brings a lot of work and challenges so work/life balance isn't great (in 7 reviews)

• Does not seem to have much room for growth (in 5 reviews)

1. "Innovation Specialist"

Pros

Good hours, flexible laid back company

Cons

none at all, this was a part time position.

2. "Special Ops"

Current Employee - Special Projects Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Special Projects Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a director of special projects and global operations, we get to have a hand in so many different types of things. Specifically, reducing shipping and logistics costs have the been the most gratifying wins. The company is very current on tech, being a 3d printing shop. It's great to be part of so many different aspects of other individuals jobs and projects.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the difficulty that the open office concept adds to the mix. Lots of loud sales people around my area that occasionally makes my job/communication challenging.

Advice to Management

Allow the director level management some more autonomy! It's so hard to do what we know is the right thing to do when we have constant binoculars on us nitpicking every move.

"Sales Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company, great technology.

Cons

Constantly in a state of change, make sure you can handle this kind of environment before applying.

Advice to Management

Stick with one direction long enough to see the results.

"Amazing company to work for"

Pros

Lots of interesting projects
    Life and work balance
    Very nice managers and engineers to work with

Cons

Not that I could think of

"director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at 3D Systems part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great technology and great products

Cons

slow ecomomy is hurting momentum

Advice to Management

keep at it

7. "Proud to work for 3DS - Work with great people & innovative products"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've enjoyed every single day at 3DS. My co-workers, the products, and our company culture make this company truly a fun place to work.
    Management has an open door policy and values each employees opinions and concerns.
    3DS sees the long term vision for 3D printing, will continue to be a leader in the space.
    The experience I've gained while working here is invaluable; I've had the opportunity to collaborate with many different depts. on projects that have expanded my professional skill set.

Cons

This is a fast paced company, buckle up!

Advice to Management

Nothing, I trust our management's strategy.

"good experience, fair wage, (decent programmers)"

Current Contractor - Director B U S Projects-short in Remote, OR
    Current Contractor - Director B U S Projects-short in Remote, OR

I have been working at 3D Systems as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

they give you good wages for the work but the competition with others is challenging. people like the industry because of news stories about dog legs and baby limbs.

Cons

not many, just be ready to compete with certain types of programmers that are just as qualified but much much cheaper for the company. difficult to compete. they don't have a central phone system. might as well just be using cell phones. the "receptionist" is a stay at home

Advice to Management

stop trying to force outside software into the company and let us improve our own real crm. sales force is dumb for this business. realize we need 'from scratch' software, and make sure it's secured! also, we need more help from the directors of special projects. they have titles and responsibilities but no actual power to affect change.

"Tons of potential"

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

3DS is literally on the cutting edge of technology and everybody here seems to be working really hard to stay there. I also work hard but love what I'm doing. It's really the opportunity of a lifetime. I feel like I am trusted and encouraged to take risks and get to work with a lot of different people across the organization on many of the exciting things going on.

Cons

The pace of our growth can be challenging, there's a lot of work and it comes at an incredibly fast pace. But the opportunities that come from that are endless.

Advice to Management

Improvements still needed in organization and infrastructure. Need to align entire company around a single strategy, especially with all the new acquisitions.

"Extremely fast paced - it's great if that's your thing"

Current Employee - Manager in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Manager in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Things at 3D Systems move faster than anywhere else I've ever worked. I knew that going in and that's what attracted me to the place. It's understandable that some people would find that to be a negative and a lot of the reviews on here seem to confirm that. To me, it's the best part of the job.

-The whole 3D printing industry is still a nascent space and this is a company that still thinks and moves like a startup, so there is a ton of opportunity. I've been genuinely impressed at the degree of freedom I've been given to try new things and feel like the company does a good job rewarding initiative.

-Even though there's a lot of work, the company is very flexible with scheduling, which certainly improves the work-life balance.

-It's cool to be able to work with such cutting edge technology on a daily basis.

Cons

-Most of the people here work extremely hard and hours are longer than in most places. So be prepared. But this speaks more towards the type of people who work here than the office itself. The company seems to attract people who are obsessed with getting stuff done.

Advice to Management

1) Do a better job getting information out about updates/strategy/etc across the company. With so many acquisitions, it can sometimes be hard to figure out what's going on.

2) Try to make the workplace more fun and creative

11. "“The future depends on what you do today.” Gandhi You can make the future."

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to contribute in all areas of innovative engineering. Forward thinking is the norm. Work hours very flexible. Quick development cycles lead to accelerated career growth opportunities . You will never be bored. International company with opportunity to travel and work with other cultures. 3D Systems created an industry and we get to work with the people that developed it. Passionate leadership with a purpose. You have the opportunity to change how people interact with the world. From developing processes that enable people to walk again to creating little robots that children can play with. The work environment is casual yet focused. This is not a job but a calling. You are given the freedom to innovate and affect the future of the technology. .3D is a playground of innovation and we get to play in it. It is a joy to have that privilege

Cons

Always pushing the envelope, but love it!

Advice to Management

keep you foot on the accelerator!