Found 738 of over 7K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are changing and while not as good as they once were they are still not bad." (in 514 reviews)
- "The people are great and supportive" (in 349 reviews)
- "The pay is good and the work great." (in 290 reviews)
- "They have a lot focused groups and activities which shows how inclusive and great their culture are" (in 204 reviews)
- "Good work life balance.Reputed brand and respected company" (in 164 reviews)
- "Poor management waiting for redundancies" (in 190 reviews)
- "So i paid for that when we had the bad managers." (in 69 reviews)
- "Annual layoffs for the last 9 years with no end in sight." (in 53 reviews)
- "Saw upper management changed 3 times for the 3 years I have been there." (in 47 reviews)
- "Poor leadership; resting on old innovation laurels; unfavorable workplace if coming from another company" (in 47 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of 3M and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "pay and benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Dec 22, 2022Global Portfolio ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSaint Paul, MN
Good pay People at the individual contributor level are great Work Your Way allows for employees to choose when and where they do their work
No opportunity for advancement for mid-level employees, specifically females and underrepresented groups Too many legal challenges driving the stock price down33M Response9mo
Hello, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback as a a current employee and are grateful you decided to share your experience with us. We see your concerns regarding transparency and lack of growth opportunities and strongly encourage you to speak with your supervisor to discuss these concerns further if you have not yet done so already. Have a great day!
- 1.0Mar 16, 2022IT AnalystFormer Contractor, more than 3 yearsSaint Paul, MN
Great, only if you are a 3Mer. I've heard about all the wonderful benefits and pay a full time 3M employee receives. It almost sounded too good to be true. It could have been a dream job.
CW's are treated as sub humans. If 3M could have found a machine to do your job you wouldn't be there in the first place. You don't matter, and you will be reminded in subtle and not so subtle ways regularly. Don't fall for the lie that you are going to get hired soon. There is a good chance you will hear this repeatedly to keep you on the hook so you stay. The fact is you will work hard and waste years diligently, constantly proving yourself only to be reminded you are not a 3Mer. YOU ARE NOT ONE OF US CW. You can't participate in so many things as a result of being a CW, you get isolated. 3M Club? No, CW's can't be a part of that "Enhancing 3M Culture since 1934" club. That culture is exclusive, only for 3Mers. This is what an inclusive place for all looks like? What it looks like is alienation.1