3Play Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeremy Barrron

1. "Transcription Editor"

Current Employee - Transcriptionist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Transcriptionist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at 3Play Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's been a really wonderful company thus far. I started about 2 weeks ago. They're very friendly about helping you if you have any problems. The study guide and training is very precise and clear. There seems to always be work available. The pay is pretty good compared to all other Transcription companies available on the web. All in all, I'm really happy I was employed by them.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

Advice to Management

None so far.

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Transcription Editor in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Transcription Editor in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at 3Play Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working with this company as a transcription editor full time going on 6 months now. This is the only job I have, so it is possible for this to be your sole income, if you work.

- The pay is great for those who have good editing ability and can get through jobs quickly.
    - Most of the time, there is plenty of work to do.
    - You can work as little or as much as you want.
    - Can work from anywhere that has internet.
    - The people that check over your work are super friendly and always helpful.

Cons

I do not have any issues with this job as far as the company is concerned at all. The only con I would say is for those of you who don't have self discipline and motivation, this is not the job for you. The hardest part of the job is making yourself sit down and work, because there is not going to be anyone there to force you do it. In the long run, if you want to make good money from working with this company, then you have to sit down and work.

3. "Nothing but good things to say"

Current Employee - Transcript Editor in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Transcript Editor in Rochester, NY

Pros

Really have very few faults with the company. I've been working for about five months now for them, and it's been going pretty great. I've had very little trouble getting as much work as I want, even doing this full time. Their software is very good once you get the hang of it. They price each file based on how difficult it is, and every once in a while their algorithm spits out a number which is grossly underpriced, but I've never had any issues getting the price bumped after pointing it out to them.

Cons

None really. You know what you're in for when you sign up for this type of thing, it's a job, it's not a career. There are a few minor things with the software that annoys me. But overall, I can't complain much at all. Perhaps if you struggle with the software or aren't a fast or accurate typer, you'd struggle to make decent money, but I think they tend to weed those people out via the application process.

Advice to Management

Not much really. The day to day workings of the site are very easy and straightforward to understand, and the few times I've had issue, they've take care of it quickly. Kudos.

5. "Decent for temporary work"

Current Employee - Transcript Editor in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Transcript Editor in Glendale, CA

I have been working at 3Play Media (Less than a year)

Pros

Choosing your own schedule, working from home, decent pay compared to other similar companies.

Cons

Inconsistent pricing-- some files are very difficult to work on, and it's not reflected in the price.
    Lack of opportunities for advancement. Hard to see this as a long-term career.

Advice to Management

Better QA of files before they hit the market. Files with poor audio quality should be processed to reduce noise and increase legibility, or rejected completely.

"..."

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Cambridge, MA

I worked at 3Play Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great personalities who are all at the top of their game. It is easy to respect and admire everyone there because they work hard but still embrace balance and humility.

Cons

On the marketing side, things can move slowly... with perfection often becoming the enemy of progress.

Four co-founders make for an executive team that crave democracy. Mutual respect is great and it is evident throughout this company, but stalling projects to have a meeting over everything is counterproductive, and doesn't necessarily lead to the best decisions.

7. "3Play Media provides excellent training, challenging work and supportive feedback to its remote editors."

Current Employee - Remote Editor in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Remote Editor in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Complete flexibility as to where, when and how to perform the work.
    Quick turnaround with QA feedback after each project is completed.
    Opportunities to learn while working on projects from major businesses and educational institutions.
    Satisfaction knowing the work is contributing to the development of better voice-recognition software.
    Personal contact with 3Play management that gives the feeling that we are all part of the same team.
    Particularly fast typists can potentially make $15-25 per hour equivalent.

Cons

If one is not a particularly fast typist, it is extremely difficult to exceed even Minimum Wage level.
    Work availability is "Feast or Famine"; weeks can pass without any projects being made available.
    Not all of the available work is necessarily appealing.

Advice to Management

3Play Media management might consider some sort of bonus, reward or incentive program to encourage editors to strive toward greater productivity. Additional praise and acknowledgement can go a long way toward that goal.

8. "Contract Transcription Editor"

Current Employee - Transcription Editor
    Current Employee - Transcription Editor

I have been working at 3Play Media (More than a year)

Pros

Great company--never had any problems. As long as you're performing, they don't bother you.

Cons

Hard to do hours of transcription back to back, but not the company's fault

9. "Mixed feelings about this company"

Current Employee - Transcription
    Current Employee - Transcription

Pros

Work at home on your own schedule. Can be enjoyable and interesting work. Pays on time. Staff seems friendly and professional.

Cons

Limited assignment availability, especially when it comes to files that are reasonable to transcribe. Pay can be quite low if recording is poor.

Advice to Management

Reject poorly recorded files. Ensure pay is fair and that it matches job description and advertisement.

10. "Nice company"

Former Employee - Freelance Editor
    Former Employee - Freelance Editor

I worked at 3Play Media (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly and when there is work you will be busy.

Cons

Work is not always available and overall the pay is low.

11. "Transcription Editor"

I have been working at 3Play Media part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Variety of work makes the job interesting. Pay rates are fair. You can work to fit your needs/schedule. Communication from the employer is good - we are kept informed and any time I have emailed them with a question, I get a quick reply.

Cons

Sometimes there is work in abundance and you can be more choosy about the jobs you pick up. At other times, there may not be much work.