KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3Play Media Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2022

Found 43 of over 175 reviews

4.2
3Play Media CEO and Co-Founder Josh Miller and Christopher Antunes (no image)
Josh Miller and Christopher Antunes

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "This would be a nice way to make a bit of extra money on the side, but trying to do it full time has left me feeling pretty dispirited.(in 6 reviews)
  • "no real opportunity for advancement, no benefits as a contractor(in 5 reviews)
  • "You can take on too much work at one time and fail to meet deadlines (if you suck at the job.)(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Very lovely company

May 22, 2022 - Transcriptionist in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- They are very laid back and nice to their contractors - The pay is decent for a transcriptionist company, though, it could be a bit more. - You can feel comfortable knowing you can work for them for a long time. - They offer great training. - Working is very flexible. You can work as little or as often as you want.

Cons

- There's not enough work to go around for everyone. - They hire too many contractors. - Pay needs to be a bit higher. I get some jobs that are difficult and they pay little for them. - I can't think of anything else negative. - They're a good company.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

rapidly-growing tech company

Mar 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

collaborative teams, transparent leadership, company socials, strong company mission

Cons

nothing i can think of at the moment

Director of HR

Thank you for your review - We are pleased that you had a great experience at 3Play!

3. 4.0

Not bad

Jul 17, 2021 - Transcriptionist in Vancouver, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're fast and accurate you can make a decent amount for a side hustle.

Cons

Sometimes certain jobs are so underpriced that they aren't worth it.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

GOOD JOB

Jun 14, 2021 - Transcriber in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of jobs and good audio jobs.

Cons

Closing of accounts is so rampant.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Most Supportive Employer I've Ever Worked For

Apr 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is doing well and is growing. Management has become exceptional at supporting good behavior, and has on occasion made the correct and difficult decision to let go of those who weren't up for the tasl. This is very much a place dedicated to doing the right thing. It's an extremely caring and accepting environment. I truly don't see any cool-aid drinking. It's just a supportive, intellectual and transparent environment. New hires increasingly have become exceptional, and diverse! Win win. The environment surrounding challenges is never "you did this wrong" but always, "here's why it makes sense to try doing this differently". Support and training are ongoing. Change isn't expected overnight. Cold brew and hop-brew always on tap pre-covid. The CEOs, executives, and middle managers are genuinely good people with strong management and leadership skills. Nothing is perfect, but I'm not sure it gets much better than this. Quality of pay and support to contractors is something that is constantly being discussed and efforts are always being made to improve the contractor work and pay situation, and to maintain living-wages. Even for the relatively small amount of work done off shore. It's a transparent and impressive place. There is a reason why 3Play has established itself as the clear leader for quality and cause in its space.

Cons

The workload can be high, because the team is efficient and lean, but I wouldn't have it any other way. No micro management, constant opportunity for feedback to leadership. Slacking is approached with training, not with negative attitude. As with any job, working with different personalities can be hard at times. But we are all better for the effort it making it work.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great tech startup to work for!

Mar 10, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many reasons why I enjoy working for 3Play. The first is the leadership team. We work closely together and are updated with full transparency on company matters and initiatives. The second reason are the abundance of resources you are provided. This point is exceptionally important as we are remote for the time being. I onboarded during COVID and feel that I am able to do my best work with the documentation and supplies they have set me up with. Another reason, is how cohesively the teams work together within the company. If you ever have a question for sales, marketing, product, ops, or leadership, they are only a Slack away and adamant about helping as quickly as possible.

Cons

Being remote for onboarding is not ideal. As mentioned, there are plenty of places to get help and find answers. However, if you haven't held a role in the corporate tech space, you will need to work diligently to learn the materials.

7. 1.0

eh

Apr 12, 2021 - SDR
    Business Outlook

Pros

covid forced companies to use our services, easy money atm

Cons

everything else and fake review here by management to hide the dirty truths. just dirt straight dirt ... you may be happier digging dirt but at least you can say we work at a startup. ... YAY startup...

5 people found this review helpful

Director of HR

We are disappointed to see your review - We strive to do our best and be an employer of choice. Given that we have not previously received this feedback, we would like to hear more about your concerns. Please reach out to our Sr. Director of HR, Amy Dwyer, at your earliest convenience to discuss in more detail.

8. 4.0

I love this company!

Feb 16, 2021 - Transcriptionist in Boston, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, this is by far the best transcription company that I have ever worked for. I'm really satisfied with them and it's a lovely working environment.

Cons

There are no cons really.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Unparalleled company culture, leadership through valuable work!

Feb 5, 2021 - Senior Sales Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is one that encourages collaboration, innovation, and cooperation. The company is diverse in its talent, which enables open sharing of ideas from a myriad of experiences, backgrounds, education, and expertise.

Cons

I felt a part of a close knit team of people with a clear purpose - to help make accessible that which was not accessible without the industry leading technology 3Play Media was offering.

Director of HR

Thank you for your review - We are pleased that your experience was positive!

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 27, 2021 - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company cares about its employees; employees care about A11yship and our customers; peers care about each other. Especially with all the company horror stories during covid, it's great to work somewhere that supports its employees and recognizes the challenges everyone is facing because of the pandemic. Great transparency by management, including Execs.

Cons

With growth comes growing pains. Some needed processes aren't yet implemented, but certainly will be - it just takes time. Historically pay has been below comparable companies but that is changing too.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews

3Play Media Reviews FAQs

3Play Media has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 175 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at 3Play Media to a friend and 96% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, 3Play Media employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at 3Play Media. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

87% of 3Play Media employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated 3Play Media 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at 3Play Media to be management, culture, career development and the cons to be workplace, benefits.

Popular Careers with 3Play Media Job Seekers